• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Benzo Discussion v. Finally remembered to start a new thread.

Well, durrr... obviously. Now that all of my teeth are firmly wedged in the buttocks of the local tramps, I don't really have much choice.....
There is always a choice but in this case its pure destiny. What do the wife and kids think about your new direction in life?

I was curious is it was unique or interesting in any way? Some reports say great stuff, some say it's just diazepam's kid brother

I found it useless, it was effective benzodiazepine at doses equivalent to 20 - 30mgs of diazepam as I was experiencing crippling anxiety at the time - but despite having a quick onset and a good anxioytic effect - they were far too short acting to control my symptoms as I would experience severe rebound anxiety attacks in between doses.

After sticking with them for a week, I returned to my GO
P asking him to swap them for a long acting drug, which I generally prefer (I had been using almost exclusively 2mg Roche 'Rivotril' clonazepam tablets for years before I ran out) ,so he sent my away with 112 generic 5mg diazepam tables which they still allow me to have ever 6 -12 months, and got they got me back on track with regards to PRN benzodiaepine use for my anxiety control and to counteract the effect of stims and psyches when I have had my fill of the trip.

I've started to feel a bit shifty today, and it feels a lot closer to my experience with benzo withdrawal than opioid wd. Was mainly taking them in the evenings at 10-20mg doses, occasionally adding 5-10mg to lower opiate doses. Didn't really consider how much I was getting through, I finished a bag of 100 10mg tablets the night before last (not in one night obvs, got them maybe 2 months ago or less). I honestly can't remember when I started taking them regularly, its probably been a month with some days off, but I'm worried that past benzo abuse might cause worse symptoms in a kindling effect manner.

It doesn't feel anywhere near dangerous yet, and I'm sure recently stopping opiates is probably making it seem worse. However, based on the above, is anyone able to have a stab at how long these rebound/withdrawal symptoms are likely to last?

I first noticed it this morning and has gradually gotten more prominent over the day. Didn't notice anything yesterday, but I guess that makes sense as I had 40mg to kill that 4-ho-met when I went to bed. Hope I haven't overstepped the mark, I genuinely had it in my mind that I was just using them temporarily to manage varying levels of opioids in my system, but as everyone probably saw it took me a fair while longer than 5-7 days before I actually went through with the withdrawal.... Maybe I'm overthinking this, if someone more knowledgable would be able to give an assessment of what rebound effects I would expect from the usage described above that would be braw

Last edited:
Anyone experience tapering off pyrazolam? Would it be recommended to switch to a benzo with a shorter half-life? I've some flubromazepam but it's a fair step up effects wise to pyrazolam, I'm functional on it but the f-pam would have me a mess for days. Diazepam seems to give me terrible amnesia too. Thinking of just tapering quickly and going cold turkey.

I have had seizures from benzo wd before though hence the caution.

Anyone experience tapering off pyrazolam? Would it be recommended to switch to a benzo with a shorter half-life? I've some flubromazepam but it's a fair step up effects wise to pyrazolam, I'm functional on it but the f-pam would have me a mess for days. Diazepam seems to give me terrible amnesia too. Thinking of just tapering quickly and going cold turkey.

What dosage are you on? I think pyrazolam is probably the most "sober" benzo I've tried, I doubt you'll find a long acting benzo that isn't more inebriating or amnesiac than pyraz. Diazepam probably is your best bet - there's lots of info on tapering with diazepam once you find the dose that holds you. Flubromazepam is tricky for tapering due to how long it takes to reach peak effect, which makes it difficult to find the stabalising dose. I had a friend that tried to use flubro-pam for alcohol withdrawal and ended up a state, I suppose it could probably be done though.

There is no other advice that on can give accept that you need medical support to detoxify yourself and that you really shouldn't attempt to piss about with any further NPS classified benzodiazepines or attempt to buy anything advertised as boxed or packaged pharm medicines as even if you do not get ripped off, even if the pellets / tablets / powders you buy are consistently dosed - any mistakes you make with the taper may result in the repeat of the above which you really do not want to happen as it may of course cause serious brain damage or death.

As a result it is highly inadvisable to attempt a DIY detox - and as such apart from stating that your own plans and possible drug selections for this process are exactly the opposite from the approach you possibly need if you want the to prevent the above from happening again - I cannot in good faith suggest any particular drugs or signpost you towards any other resources that may help you with a DIY taper in case you make any further errors of judgement, and as such I can only recommend highly that you have your situation properly assessed by a health profession in order to allow them to compile an appropriate, safe and effective treatment plan for this or for them to refer you to your local drug service provider for the same.

Last edited:
There is no other advice that on can give accept that you need medical support to detoxify yourself and that you really shouldn't attempt to piss about with any further NPS classified benzodiazepines or attempt to buy anything advertised as boxed or packaged pharm medicines as even if you do not get ripped off, even if the pellets / tablets / powders you buy are consistently dosed - any mistakes you make with the taper may result in the repeat of the above which you really do not want to happen as it may of course cause serious brain damage or death.

As a result it is highly inadvisable to attempt a DIY detox - and as such apart from stating that your own plans and possible drug selections for this process are exactly the opposite from the approach you possibly need if you want the to prevent the above from happening again - I cannot in good faith suggest any particular drugs or signpost you towards any other resources that may help you with a DIY taper in case you make any further errors of judgement, and as such I can only recommend highly that you have your situation properly assessed by a health profession in order to allow them to compile an appropriate, safe and effective treatment plan for this or for them to refer you to your local drug service provider for the same.

Heheh, sez the man with an absolute fuckton of RC benzos stashed ;)

Why do you think I'm having a bash at this role - you know that I can preach all day without ever practising any of my own advice.;)

My benzo stash is because I am never going to be prescribed them again once I am opitate free - and I have taken them for 15 years 'pro re nata' for well over a decade without ever experiencing anything worse than rebound anxiety following cessation of use.

If I ever end up using them on such a regular basis to the extent that I have anything even approaching the kind of problems that lysergamides had then I will have to eat my words and do the same as advised above.

I've always been aware of how insidious these drugs are - after suffering from high levels of anxiety and full blown panic attacks it was inevitable that I would become instantaneously psychologically dependant on these drugs from the get go so I have been wary of taking significant tolerance breaks following periods when I have used them very regularly or at high doses for anything over a fortnight.

It's amazing how much my anxiety is alleviated just by having access to them, and I won't have a huge stash for very long if I really start munching into them.

Depends how long you have been dosing daily to be honest. Since pyraz is mostly and anxiolytic benzo expect withdrawals more in the way of rebound anxiety. I have tapered with pyrazolam before and its possible since it has a medium half life of about 16 hours if i remember correctly but using a longer half life benzo would be recommended.

Maybe try taking the bare minimum of flubromazepam so you dont feel much but you dont feel withdrawal. Then dose a bit less every other day and it should leave the system pretty slowly hopefully giving less of a bumpy landing than a shorter acting benzo might give.

Flubromazepam is porbably one of my prefered rc benzos and although the half life is pretty long and its more sedating, I find if you dose low enough and not daily or multiple times daily it can hold you pretty well and remain functional.

Maybe try a quick taper with pyraz and see how you feel and if things get too much maybe try a very low dose of flubro and the long half life should act like a mini taper.

Good luck!