⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

e-movies: ecstasy culture in the cinema

"24 hour party people was awful"

I couldn't agree more. I started watching it but I ended up falling asleep before it was over.

cant believe no one has said ...

Rise - The Story Of Rave Outlaw Disco Donnie

Was a good moive about rave culture and not just about him.
Rise.jpg

In my estimation one of the best depictions of the ecstacy experience was in the T.V. show "Six Feet Under". There was an episode where the daughter hid away a couple ecstacy pills in a jar of aspirin. The grandmother (or at least I think it was the grandmother, I forget exactly the relationships amongst the cast) ends up taking it on a camping trip by mistake and has an amazingly euphoric experience walking through nature in total bliss, closely examining the beauty of the flowers and trees as if it were for the first time in her life.

That part of the episode effectively balanced out the scene at the gay club where the gay mortician was introduced for the first time to the "ecstacy/club/gay subculture".

Again, an excellent depiction of the dichotomy of ecstacy culture.

SG

lazycat said:
Hello to all

I'm currently trying to set up a list of movies related to ecstasy culture, and i need some help with this. Documentaries or tv-programs too.

Old films regarding psychedelia and the sixties are welcome as well, as long as they're not the "american drug panic" kind.

To give you an idea of what i DON'T want in my list, "Trainspotting" barely fits the "requirements" - ok, there's a party in it.

Until now, my list is as short as this:
- The Psychedelics
- Woodstock (an understandable exception)
- Trainspotting
- Modulations (excellent documentary, i own the dvd)
- The Acid House
- Human Traffic
- Small Town Ecstasy (tv program)
- Sorted

I am also open to discuss this subject or any movie in particular...

Thanks in advance...

lazycat

it's none of my busines, but what r u tryin to achieve with this? personally i dont think any of these movies will make u much wiser, just my 2c's :)
dont be misled, i m NOT sayin these movies suck, NOT AT ALL, but i think only the "real experience" is valuable, tryin to make straightforward movies bout exstasy culture is just not my cup of tea. to be honest, i think trainspottin is quite fun ( saw it long time ago in the cinema) but i wouldnt
say it's one of my fav movies ;)

peace

look for the singapore film "15" by Royston Tan.
there are a bunch of scenes where the teenagers drop pills and start singing at the camera. There's also a 5 minute shot of one of the kids trying to swallow 6 inch long condoms full of pills. In any case, if you want to compile an accurate list don't forget about ecstacy use in other parts of the world.

jpgrdnr said:
Kids.

Wicked film.

OMG-that movie is so fucked up! I saw the ending of it one day and when given an assignment in Human Sexuality to write a paper on a movie that expresses a theme of sexuality I bought the DVD and watched it all the way through. My kids, when I have them, are watching that movie when they enter high school.

Did someone mention the movie Go-with Katie Holmes??

dvds like human traffic and trainspotting?

Hello,

im just wondering if anyone else knowns some dvds like human traffic and train spotting? human traffic is based on a group of people doing pills, etc while trainspotting is about heroin addicts, both movies are great... im just looking for more like this based on drugs and are made in the UK.

Thanks. =D

spun - meth
scarface - coke
goodfellas - cokes in it a lot

and there was some asian one about rolling and raves

hush.dir said:
spun - meth
scarface - coke
goodfellas - cokes in it a lot

and there was some asian one about rolling and raves

thanks, ill check out spun... anyone no anymore?

BmoresMosWantd said:
Check out HIGHWAY

With Jarid Leto, Jake Gyllenhaal, Selma Blair and John C. McGinley.
This movie is about a group of teens on the run from vegas to seattle, in drug fueled road trip to remember
Thanks. I couldnt remember the name of this fick for the life of me. But yes, check it out everybody