• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dysphoric dissociation when amphetamine is combined with THC?

cezanne

Greenlighter
I have noticed that whenever I use THC (both inhaled and oral) while under the influence of amphetamine (all ROAs), I reliably feel a dysphoric sense of dissociation.

This dissociation is not like the euphoric sensation caused by dissociatives. Instead, it is characterised by a sensation that almost feels like my vision has been knocked out of place (although I can see perfectly fine), a feeling of pressure on my face, and strong anhedonia.

The sensation is not caused by either of the drugs alone. I enjoy the combination of amphetamine with depressants, and of THC with depressants. However, I experience a similar sensation when I use THC during an LSD comedown. It seems to be exacerbated when I am tired/sleep deprived or hungry, but those are not prerequisites. I suspect it has to do with an uncomfortable sense of stimulation while my body is worn-out.

Does anyone have any insight that could explain why I experience this?

I’ve experienced this during a period where I tried to stop smoking cannabis from my usual all day/everyday situation. I was only smoking one tiny hit every Sunday and it seemed like no amount was small enough to not cause this.

I experienced exactly what you’re describing. Also a strange uncomfortable heat sensation on my neck. And tactile sensations in my hands that made navigating around extremely confusing.

It all went away when I went back to daily use. Not recommending exactly but that’s just how it was for me.

-GC

I’ve experienced this during a period where I tried to stop smoking cannabis from my usual all day/everyday situation. I was only smoking one tiny hit every Sunday and it seemed like no amount was small enough to not cause this.

I experienced exactly what you’re describing. Also a strange uncomfortable heat sensation on my neck. And tactile sensations in my hands that made navigating around extremely confusing.

It all went away when I went back to daily use. Not recommending exactly but that’s just how it was for me.

-GC
That's very interesting.

Although, I'm not sure if we're experiencing the same thing. It's mostly a lucid feeling, but horribly cold and empty. Stimuli are perfectly perceptible, so existing and moving about is easy, but there is something slightly askew.

Also, in total, I'm probably high only about 2 hours a day, averaged over the week. I've only experienced it about 5 or so times, so I can't tell whether it's worse when I'm using THC more or less.

Also worth noting is that I don't experience any cognitive euphoria and only mild physical euphoria on amphetamine, even after plugging like 60mg. I will try to find a different stimulant/different dosage with which I experience euphoria, and try combining it with THC then. Maybe the result will be positive.

I usually get that dysphoric dissociation with amphetamine almost every time i take it, with or without thc.

This is a common experience, mixing the two..

People dont realize the pharmacology going on, therefore these altered states can scare them. It used to scare me, but i have learned to accept the experience as OK simply because medically it is a safe combination and THC actually will prevent a lot of potential neurotoxicity that may take place from amphetamines/meth.

What is likely happening, is the extracellular surge, and subsequent reuptake inhibition of dopamine will cause an increase in psychotic symptoms (drug induced psychosis), followed by a chance of dysphoria due to dopamine transmission slowing down, serotonin transmission re-regulating itself, adrenaline may rise, then slowly fall over time.. the dysphoria will change to sleepiness and comfort as you come down from the THC high, likely.

Smoking weed and snorting speed is like pissing in the wind.

It hits you in the face, but not in a good way...

I usually get that dysphoric dissociation with amphetamine almost every time i take it, with or without thc.
I get dysphoric dissociation from weed alone, without amphetamine. But I seem to be a weed non responder.

Some people don't like the combo.

Personally I like to smoke weed on Adderall or meth.