View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXMHelp

DxM Boundd

Greenlighter
Ok so bob has been taking dayquil 15mg dxm per 15ml only for his highs and recently went to a store that only had the twin packs he used up his bottle of day quil and now only has the other bottle of nyquil that came with it but its not the straight dxm bottle. its 30mg dxm and 12.5mg doxylamine succinate are its only active ingredients. Bob was wondering how mand mgs of that their doxy would be to much.

Hello! I'm afraid that more than 50mg of doxylamine in 24 hours is not recommended. That gives you a safe dose of about 120-130mg of DXM, which isn't anything really. Has Bob tried cough gels? Those are the way to go!

Well Bob, what pharmacies are near him? Actually he could go to Wal-Mart as well. Wal-Mart has Robitussin brand cough gels. CVS and Rite Aid have their own brands of cough gels, named after their pharmacy. No matter what, each bottle has 20 pills with 15mg of each. I've gotten 1-2 extra pills in my bottles a few times. Since that gives Bob a total of 300mg DXM, he can get 2 bottles. Taking an extra 10-20 pills will put him on a third plateau.
The cough gels have NO other active ingredients.

Last edited:
I will add that he can go to Walgreens for Robitussin brand gels, or Wal-Tussin. I've seen both. I've also been to Farm Fresh and gotten Robitussin brand. And you'll be limited to taking about half of that bottle. Who wants to down nasty cough syrup anyways? :)

Bob spent like 15min the other day in wal-greens looking for somthing like ccc's that were only dxm and couldnt find anything

Ah, ccc's. I had a two month phase on those and reading death reports on here and other hospitalizations scared me out of ever doing them again. Not to mention I had my own near death experience! Anyways, that's odd. Walgreens always has the cough gels here. They're in a package, they're about 6 bucks. If not Walgreens, Bob has five other locations to try.

Lol not cccs them self but somthing like it I tried those once only needed 6 of them to do me in

Yes, I know. The cough gels are the best IMO. It's just forcing yourself to swallow all of them is the bad thing. 6? I know a few people who tripped hard/threw up off of 6-8. I always do 16.. well, did. The most I took was 24 in one night.

If you cannot find cough gels, get DELSYM cough syrup. It comes in orange and grape (eew), but also has DXM as only active ingredient

Every flavor is pretty gross, lol I've always gotten pills for medication. If I'm ever sick, I'll just let it run it's course before drinking even a teaspoon of medicine.

Btw - what ingredients are in the Dayquil? I didn't know it only had DXM in it.. if not, you probably shouldn't do it anymore. Lol

Ohhh, I just realized it was Dayquil Cough. I've only ever seen the cold & flu, which also has acetaminophen in it. Ick.

But yeah, Delsym is in a box and I'm pretty sure it's 8 bucks.

(Personally I've only ever bought DXM a handful of times that I've done it. Heh. Seeing the price of ccc's no wonder people steal em.)

Delsym is a big bottle in a bright orange box. You'll see it. It has a whopping 888mg in it

Really? The cough gels have never hurt me. The only bad feeling I ever get out of it is the "hump" on the come up. After you start tripping it goes away. I've tripped with.. let's see.. 9 people and neither of them had bad next day effects. Just a good afterglow! :p

Really? The cough gels have never hurt me. The only bad feeling I ever get out of it is the "hump" on the come up. After you start tripping it goes away. I've tripped with.. let's see.. 9 people and neither of them had bad next day effects. Just a good afterglow! :p

you didnt take as much as me then. i did take a lot...

The most I've taken was 30 at a time. At least that's what I remember. I don't like hitting fourth plateau