• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Xr

Using polistirex or instant release has a huge impact on the effects cause of the metabolism, with slow release DXM eventually begins to inhibit its own metabolism via 2D6 and you have a slower onset and longer duration, yet lower peak dose than with instant release. E.g. in my DXM days I would easily tolerate 500mg DXM HBr in retard capsules (here we don't have polistirex but unknown retardation mechanism) but the same amount in IR would make me get a panic attack.. so better being safe than sorry.

How is a combo of regular dxm and slow release?
I always find the dxm peak a bit short compared to the slow comeup and comedown.
I like to get up to a 3rd plataue and ride it it out with a refill of dxm some whippets and cannabis/tobacco.
But the refills can be hit or miss.
If I take it to soon i black out and if i wait to long it will hit after ive came down and just prolong sleep.
But sometimes it hits just right and in dextroverse for a very long time.

Ive not abused dxm yet and kept it to a few times per year.
So im wondering if one could dable with a good ratio in a combo to get a very long 3rd plataue.

How is a combo of regular dxm and slow release?

It is possible, but you have to get the timing exactly right. Otherwise the DXM Hbr is just counteracting the slow release. I've done the combination 3x, but honestly never been a fan of combining the two. Too long of a mellow trip and for some reason taking that much of each product just makes me want to hurl. I honestly like my niche in the 3rd and 4th plateaus with my trusty DXM Hbr, but please don't just 'jump into' these plateaus if you are relatively inexperienced to DXM.

Are you planning on taking the polistirex (slow release) from Delsym? It's not too bad tasting, kind of like creamsicle. DXM polistirex is nice because oftentimes it is the sole main ingredient in syrups. This means you don't have to worry about APAP, guaifenesin, or doxylamine. But for precaution always triple-check your ingredients and dosage calculations.

However, for the sake of your stomach and your beautiful non-dyed intestines let me tell you how to extract polistirex DXM from delysm syrup. Take an empty gallon milk jug and fill it about 3/4 the way with water. Then pour your desired amount of delsym into the milk jug. Put the cap on and shake shake shake!! Let the milk jug sit undisturbed for at least 24 hours. You see, DXM poli is just DXM coated in a plastic 'bead'. After 24 hours you will see the DXM poly on the bottom of the milk jug. Carefully move the jug to a bathtub and start cutting slits from the top down to drain the extra fluid. Once you get to the bottom you can now take a shot of your desired DXM poli dose.

*please note this extraction does nothing in terms of DXM Hbr or removing APAP. This ONLY separates DXM poli from the junk syrup.

As for when to take the DXM Hbr in relevance to the DXM poli, there are several threads on BL explaining this procedure. A simple engine search should suffice for proper instructions. Good luck and safe Dexing! :)

So I ended up doing 15 with very little nausea but the high wasn't as good as I was expecting. The effects were a lot more mellow at first and got progressively more intense but polystirex just isn't as good as hbr imo. I was tripping for a really long time though and the high felt alot more clean which could be good for some people. All in all now I've done dxm a little under 10 times and it's one of my favorite drugs out but I've had mixed expierneces. I think I want to try pure DXM for myself to see if it's any different.

Pure DXM is a big difference, and no doubt much healthier for your organ systems without the adulterants. I personally prefer Hbr as well, but poli can be good for days where you just want to be mellowly spaced out. Poli is much a much gentler high, kind of like vyvanse is to adderal. Glad to hear you were safe during your trip though Judis.

Just remember the golden DXM rule: "one week rest per plateau". Not only does it give your neurotransmitters time to replenish, but it also keeps tolerance down so you can enjoy DXM longer. Too many people experience the magic of DXM for their first time and literally go on a 'DXM craze'. If you try to quickly achieve plateaus as some sort of 'medal of honor' it won't work because your tolerance has built and dopamine/serotonin reserves depleted. Then the newbies who swore by DXM end up puking their guts out- without any fun!

In addition, I feel that you might have a better trip next time if guif was not mixed in the concoction. I felt a stark difference between non guif syrup (the old vicks 44) and Robitussin with the guif. Something tells me the guif counteracts DXM's effects on the CNS.

Yeah I wish I would have heard about that rule earlier lol because I did it about 4 times Last week which is obviously not ideal. And I get What your saying about taking your time with the plateaus it's like Pandoras box, once you discover this other world it's like I want to be a pyschonaut and unlock everything this drug has to offer. And also quick side note I hate adderol it was not fun for me I took two 30s and chewed em and I was super paranoid and the come down was absolutely shitty. Oddly enough I've snorted 30s before and the high was less intense and took longer to come on. I don't get the appeal in that drug lol. DXM is a different story?

Yes, great comparison with Pandora's box. Ya know, "(mostly) everything in moderation is a good thing". It's when moderation and self control are lost that it becomes dangerous. I think this concept applies to drugs in general.

Lol, stims are certainly not everybody's cup of tea. IMO, I'd prefer vyvanse over adderall any day because it is a much longer effect and the crash isn't so gosh dang terrible.

I like to use DXM as a special treat every couple months here and then. I can't quote sources right now, but there was a study showing that DXM (at large recreational doses) had long-lasting anti-depressive properties. The first time I used DXM it felt like the dissociation had 'reset' all of my depressive tendencies and anxiety for a month or two. Not everybody feels this way after DXM (some may even feel worse) but it sure made me feel good for weeks afterwards!

DXM is just so full of surprises. :)

Oh and if you haven't already, you should explore Erowid and the plethora of information it has on DXM.

The first time I used DXM it felt like the dissociation had 'reset' all of my depressive tendencies and anxiety for a month or two. Not everybody feels this way after DXM (some may even feel worse) but it sure made me feel good for weeks afterwards!
Oh yeah. I've got this effect too, while I was still fresh to DXM it would last for days up to one week after a plateau 2 trip. It's called afterglow. A feeling of deep fresh happiness like nothing else I knew back then. Cause after the very first one I wondered why no antidepressant made me feel that way so I began abusing DXM alongside a SNRI - venlafaxine - which apparently isn't a good idea. Nevertheless I had my fun times, and curiously I did not hit true tolerance for weeks or even months. A real downside was the residual stimulation, and that I began to drink myself to sleep .......

Funny to read that nowadays they consider using Nuedexta (DXM + quinidine) as an antidepressant for treatment resistant cases or where a rapid acting one is needed ...

Oh and if you haven't already, you should explore Erowid and the plethora of information it has on DXM.
Alr yeah I'll give it a look. And also one last thing should I stay away from Molly if my past expierneces with amphetamine wasn't good at all.

You certainly shouldn't combine molly with DXM, this is just asking for serotonin syndrome as well as heart valve damage with continued use ... or maybe I got you wrong, and you are asking about single use of molly - then, yeah I stood clear of molly up to today cause of the same reason even when I am pretty interested in empathogens and had glowing experiences with a 4-methylaminorex derivate; I do not tolerate bigger doses of amphetamine well (even therapeutic ones) and I don't want to have a severe sero crash on top of a dopa crash either... but I might be wrong, if you decide to use it it might be a good idea to supplement with 5-HTP and have something around for comedown like a benzo, clonidine etc..

It is possible, but you have to get the timing exactly right. Otherwise the DXM Hbr is just counteracting the slow release. I've done the combination 3x, but honestly never been a fan of combining the two. Too long of a mellow trip and for some reason taking that much of each product just makes me want to hurl. I honestly like my niche in the 3rd and 4th plateaus with my trusty DXM Hbr, but please don't just 'jump into' these plateaus if you are relatively inexperienced to DXM.

Are you planning on taking the polistirex (slow release) from Delsym? It's not too bad tasting, kind of like creamsicle. DXM polistirex is nice because oftentimes it is the sole main ingredient in syrups. This means you don't have to worry about APAP, guaifenesin, or doxylamine. But for precaution always triple-check your ingredients and dosage calculations.

However, for the sake of your stomach and your beautiful non-dyed intestines let me tell you how to extract polistirex DXM from delysm syrup. Take an empty gallon milk jug and fill it about 3/4 the way with water. Then pour your desired amount of delsym into the milk jug. Put the cap on and shake shake shake!! Let the milk jug sit undisturbed for at least 24 hours. You see, DXM poli is just DXM coated in a plastic 'bead'. After 24 hours you will see the DXM poly on the bottom of the milk jug. Carefully move the jug to a bathtub and start cutting slits from the top down to drain the extra fluid. Once you get to the bottom you can now take a shot of your desired DXM poli dose.

*please note this extraction does nothing in terms of DXM Hbr or removing APAP. This ONLY separates DXM poli from the junk syrup.

As for when to take the DXM Hbr in relevance to the DXM poli, there are several threads on BL explaining this procedure. A simple engine search should suffice for proper instructions. Good luck and safe Dexing! :)

I actually dont have access to the slow release.
I was mostly curious.

I cant buy dxm syrup here but i can source pure powder.
I did a few times at various doses a couple years ago.
Ive noticed that if i put it in capsules that it would come up very slow, esp if i had eaten food recently.
But if you drink the powder straight with some juice it hits alot faster.

So i would usually start with around 300mg in a cap and 300mg in a juice shot.
Then a redose a few hours in to hopefully prolog the peak.
Whippets are nice since they can easily add almost an extra plataue in intesity for a sort while.
But not to many since it easily distracts from the experience if you binge it half the time.

Ah okay. Well if you ever interested in trying the slow release, Delsym is a go-to brand that is available OTC nearly everywhere. Whippets are g8 at peak.

Oh yeah. I've got this effect too, while I was still fresh to DXM it would last for days up to one week after a plateau 2 trip.

Yup, I intend to treat DXM very carefully to prolong its 'therapeutic' effectiveness. My 'afterglow' last for awhile longer than one week, but it's probably because I take 900mg+ each time. Keep in mind though that I put months between these heroic dose treatment sessions. As a matter of fact, my next splurge is coming up this weekend :)

Funny to read that nowadays they consider using Nuedexta (DXM + quinidine) as an antidepressant for treatment resistant cases or where a rapid acting one is needed ...

Oh wow! I did not know this was a treatment option, yay for DXM making its debut as an antidepressant.