• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

DXM with benzos/opiates

laCster

Bluelighter
anyone have some experience with this shit? will combinig both make the feeling more euphoic? im think around 100mgs Dxm with 70mgs hydro and 2mgs xanax....

I hope you haven't actually done this. Combining 3 CNS depressants sounds like an awful, awful idea.

Is my first post are Blueligight Hello;]
100mg is a small dose of DXM. Useful only to strengthen the hydro. Xanax taken in this quantity, once hydro will work well, can be quite nice. It is not a stupid idea, or rather dangerous in appropriate doses. Must be taken into account yet that has LaCster tolerances.
But personally I would take xanax only when at the end ... Not everything at once;)
Regards

Personally, in the interest of harm reduction, I feel it would be irresponsible to call this mix anything but stupid. The doses may not be extremely high but, aside from tolerance, there are any number of environmental, physiological, or situational factors to consider before you can really deem something 'safe', as the answer will be different for each person. If we are going to consider ourselves educated about drugs, then we should recognize what is and what is not responsible usage, and I would consider this irresponsible. People who are too cavalier about their drug use are the ones who end up on the 9 o'clock news.

Last edited:
Bad idea. Best rule is dont mix benxos and DXM period. This is sage advice from much experience.

^This^ Don't do this. Mixing dxm and benzos is a good way to blackout at the very least.

^^ Thirded. I've made the mistake of mixing dxm and xanax, and I would strongly discourage you from trying it. Granted, your doses are significantly lower than the ones I've taken, but it's still just not a good idea.

I also agree, taking the hydro and small amount of dxm may be okay (PLEASE TAKE PURE DXM AND NOT SOME OTC SHIT, or learn how to do the extracts!)
but the xanax is prolly not going to help much besides make your drugs basically useless as you black out and don't even remember what the fuck happened while you were on them!
Take the Xanax towards the end when you've come down but are still restless from the dxm, whenever I did dxm back in the day I always remember being super restless for a while on the stuff, plus I'm sure you'll come down off the hydro way before you come down off the dxm, which also may not be pleasant.

I also don't find any of these substances very euphoric, maybe sedative but not euphoric persay.

^ i'm a recovering benzo junky but dxm + benzos is absolutely amazing for me at least. If you keep your dose reasonable then you shouldn't black out. If you're just using the dxm to potentate the opiate and the benzo to do the same then keep your doses low. When people use dxm like this they are just using it as a potentiator for opiates, which works pretty well. I would not recommend using all 3 in high doses as that would certainly lead to a black out if not something worse. High doses of dxm or benzos alone can cause black outs so you really have to watch your dose.

I've never had a problem with blacking out on benzos, even on high doses. If I go over a 750mg dose of DXM, I always always take 1.5 klonopin just to easy the strange come up. Doesn't seem to affect the trip at all besides mellow it out.

And like RobotTripping said, just don't overdo it. High DXM or benzos alone can make you black out if you do enough, it's all about finding the right dose for yourself.

DXM is a very good opiate potentiator, and lots of people take 75mg - 100mg before taking their opiate. This certainly works and I'd recommend just sticking with DXM/opiates or vistaril/opiates for potentiation.

I myself have had serious memory problems with DXM to begin with so benzo's would only make matters worse as is mentioned. I'm not sure DXM is that much of a depressant by it's own but co-administered with CNS depressants it will interact to exacerbate the CNS depression.
Opiates and depressants like alcohol or benzo's cause respiratory depression in me even in modest doses and I have more than once felt very bothered by this and I would always recommend against it.
So the three of these the OP mention definitely sound like a bad idea. I usually don't tell others which drugs should be their D.O.C. but in this case: choose your substances and combo's more wisely please and if you have no access to ones that are nice enough for you on their own then just abstain.

I mean I've tried irresponsible things myself in the past and often enough regretted it afterwards and this.... no, just no.

The combined nausea from hydrocodone and DXM is also something to note. I know I would be praying to the porcelain god from this combination.

Xanax isn't known for improving the psychedelic experience either, maybe to calm a bad trip down but not to potentiate it, imo.

Yeah honestly this combination doesnt even sound like something psychedelic if the arguement is that the DXM is used to potentiate the hydro and xanax, especially at 100mg, not even remotely psychedelic.

Perhaps this thread should have been placed in the opiates/downers area of bluelight?

Benzos with dissociatives suck imo. They diminish your ability to remember the experience as well as decrease the visuals. Opiates with dissociatives however kick ass. With that dose of hydro with the benzos seems a bit high, especially with DXM, but I don't know your opiate tolerance, so it could be fine. However, it really never is responsible to take high doses of opiates with benzos, so I really can't recommend it. I have never experienced any respiratory depression from DXM though, especially at that dose, so I say stick with the DXM and opiates.

I love hydrocodone and find it to be more enjoyable than oxycodone, with a nice warm body buzz that would go excellent with a dissociative. I personally like DXM and feel that it could had some euphoria as well as some increased sedation. A bit of depersonalization also makes tv and movies more enjoyable, so I don't see why being in opiate bliss while chilling in a chair with some DXM on top would be a bad idea. Just make sure you have experience with DXM before combining it with other drugs.

Last edited:
Yeah honestly this combination doesnt even sound like something psychedelic if the arguement is that the DXM is used to potentiate the hydro and xanax, especially at 100mg, not even remotely psychedelic.

Perhaps this thread should have been placed in the opiates/downers area of bluelight?

Good idea, perhaps some people have something to say about it in OD so I am moving it there.
Also renamed TT.

I've had a good time with a couple hundred mgs of DXM mixed with 10/20 mg of diazepam. Personally i've never got much out of DXM alone, it's not a pleasant drug imo but with a benzo it was a whole other experience.

If you are simply looking for a pleasurable experience, I can attest that 2 - 3 mg clonazepam with a high second - third plateau dose of dxm is pretty awesome. Great way to feel really, really chill and avoid the often abrasive nature of a dxm trip. Sometimes on this combo I'll just lay in my bed for a couple hours doing absolutely nothing yet feeling absolutely content and blissful.

On the other hand though, if you are looking to trip, as in explore altered mind states and have that creative imagination that comes with dxm, benzos will diminish and dull out that aspect of the dxm trip.

It's all a matter of what you are looking for, enough said. Can't believe so many people hating on the dxm benzo combo tho

^This thread is 4 years old Mr. Gravedigger :)

But I guess it is important to mention that DXM can potentiate Opiates big time. As do Benzos, so the combination is potentially dangerous.

DXM as a dissociative is not worth mixing with benzo since it'll ruin your memory of the experiance while increasing sedation and chances to pass out. But when using DXM to potentiate Benzo instead. It all come logic. DXM is a SRI and NMDA antagonist and benzo are GABAa Pam. SRI and NMDA antagonist can reduce anxiety and create euphoria at low doses unhallucinogenic dose. Benzo have no other effect than anxiolytic, sedative, muscle relaxant it's not hallucinogenic at all nor euphoriant (it allows a higher state of euphoria to be achieved but do not produce it).
Mixing DXM at low and benzo high doses respectively is a POWERFULL anxiolytic, and a moderate to strong euphoric agent which is better than any other proportion of use wich can be highly hallucinogenic but also amnesiant(high dxm/low benzo), or moderately hallucinogenic and moderately amnesiant with moderate amount of side effect(Med dxm/med benzo).

Also if I were using Moderate to high doses of either benzo or DXM even alone i'd include Noopept in the combo since its a euphoric and memory promoting agent without stimulating effect.