View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM throat pain?

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
I tripped on 534mg of DXM Polistirix 4 nights ago, tripped on 200mg DXM hBR 2 nights ago, and 170-190mg DXM hBR + 75mg DPH + 66.25mg Doxylamine last night. I'm finished now and have no desire to do again for awhile even though I still never got the effects desired, but for some reason ONLY when I swallow, there is a sharp pain in the top of my esophagus. It feels like my tonsil actually now that I think about it. I felt this pain starting probably at the tail end of my DXM trip last night persisting throughout today until now as I am writing this.

I searched this up with only finding people saying that the OP was sick and DXM was unrelated. I have no stuffy nose, no sore throat, no symptoms at all. But when I swallow there is a sharp pain that lasts for only a second and is not felt again until I swallow again. The past week It have only been at home and have not left the house and no one in my house is showing any symptoms of being sick.

I did not feel this pain until today and I consumed DXM 2 previous times before last night.

Anyone have any theories?

The DXM was consumed as cough syrup mixed with Dr. Pepper.

So the next day my throat pain completely subsided. I passed it off as a random pain and was happy it was gone. Then I tripped on DXM that night. It's the night after and my throat hurts again! Curiouser and curiouser...

I'd suggest to lay off anti-histamines (DPH and Doxylamine), they don't look very healthy or worthy of effects to me.

I use doxylamine at 50mg to sleep every night. The extra 16.25mg were in a 1 pack of dxm containing sleep cold pills that I added to the cough syrup just bc I had them lying around.
I'd suggest to lay off anti-histamines (DPH and Doxylamine), they don't look very healthy or worthy of effects to me.