• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] Preparations / Formulæ

I haven't tripped before, but in the UK DXM only cough products are hard to come by haha

Robitussin Dry Cough bottles, 150 MG DXM in them, nout else

They will do ;D

robitussin DX, only active ingredient is DXM, not hard to down either(but not nice).

i'm in costa rica, and the robitussin dm here contains dxm and acetominophen, and with the high amount of, well basically, tylenol in it, there's no way i'd chug a bottle of that. i really don't wanna end up in the ER getting my stomach pumped.

It's getting harder and harder to get the Max. Strength stuff; I don't do DXM anymore but I've noticed it disappearing from the shelves of my local CVS. If you can't find any, then get the DM stuff and do an extraction. You can find detailed guides in the epic DXM FAQ (probably the best drug FAQ ever written), and it's completely over-the-counter and easy. If you can make toast, you can extract DXM :p

This is interesting.. the first and only time I've ever taken DXM was when I downed a bottle of Robitsussin in a few seconds (plug the nose and chug!) and it was NOT a fun experience. 20 minutes after ingestion I felt as if my face was going to explode, and felt overall shitty for the following 24 hours. Perhaps this was the result of the other active ingredients? If so, whats a good cough syrup, or medicine containing DXM, to take? I'd be willing to try DXM again if this was the issue.

What is the best brand to take in the UK?

I have done some research and have decided on either Robotussin DX Dry Cough Forte or Robotussin Cough Long Acting.

Any ideas?

Buy pills/gels on-line, you can find lots of sources on google. No other ingredients and no chugging and nausea/vomiting ftw.

iloveyourmum said:
What is the best brand to take in the UK?

I have done some research and have decided on either Robotussin DX Dry Cough Forte or Robotussin Cough Long Acting.

Any ideas?
Long acting (DXM polystyrene) really sucks. Unless you wanna be high two days in a row, stick to the normal one (DXM hydrobromide salt).

^it's not gonna last for 2 days 8), it might last an extra 4 or 5 hours tops.

I'm with Bavanai on this one. I've done a lot of experimentation with DXM polistirex. If you take enough of it you won't trip for two days, but some of the secondary effects like the body buzz, slight trouble seeing ("lizard eyes"), etc., can persist for at least a day after the primary effects have ended.

I've made it my habit to take 1/4 to 1/3 of any DXM dose in the form of polistirex (Delsym) about 60-90 minutes before I drink my Agent Lemon. I have found that this propels me into an intensely more psychedelic state than just taking the same dose of DXM HBr. I only do DXM at around the high third plateau (12mg/kg), and with this method I've found the hallucinations are a lot more engrossing and the headspace is more epic and shamanic.

The theory behind why this works is pretty simple. It's similar to (but not the same as) a Plateau Sigma trip, wherein you take DXM HBr in staged doses, because DXM metabolizes to DXO, which inhibits CYP2D6 and makes any further DXM you take hit harder. If you take polistirex first, then an hour later you take a large dose of HBr, the latter will really propel you into the trip first, but it will also break down to DXO. As more and more of the polistirex is time released, it hits harder and stretches the trip a bit, but it also has the effect of changing the headspace. It's not as intense as a Plateau Sigma trip, and you can still tell what's real and what's not, but it's different than a normal Third Plateau trip would be.

DXM polistirex has its uses. ;)

Anyone notice the 5 year gap between the first and second half of this thread? No? OK then ;)

You would save yourself alot of hassle and puking if you took robotussin cough gels.

Zicam is another great one, but they've redesigned the spay bottle a few months ago so that it's much harder to open. Probably to keep their asses from being sued.

If anyone has that Buckley's shit...well, even though it's DXM only...holy fuck will it melt your face, then give you heartburn for the rest of the day.

Interesting. I've noticed that about the Zicam bottles, but didn't think much of it.

If you plan on taking DXM using a cough syrup. For the sake of harm reduction, please make sure you are ingesting Dextromethorphan Hbr as the ONLY active ingredient. This can be found by turning the box the product is held in in a 90 degree angle and look for the words "drug facts".

Happy robo-tripping :)

Dxm/Robotrip with Guaifenesin

So this is my first post here woot, ill get straight to the point

Im a very experienced DXM user, but when i buy the DXM it always has the right DXM that i need (robo/zicam with DXM as ONLY active ingrediant)

But today i browsed the food lion and noticed they no longer carry those, so i picked up what i thought was the best substitute.

8 oz of robotussin DM-
10mg of dxm per 5mL dose (237 mL per bottle) its about 480mg of DXM total.
100mg of Guaifenesin per 5 mL dose. about 4800mg Guaifenesin total.
now i KNOW Guaifenesin can make you very sick, but i consider myself to have a very strong stomach and im a pretty experienced DXM user (ive taken it with Guaifenesin before, but not nearly this much (maybe 2000mg max, and i didnt get sick)

SO TO MY QUESTION: Are there any REAL dangers/health risks of taking this much Guaifenesin???(4800mg) And will i get REALLY sick from this for sure?? (Knowing im an experienced dxm user with a strong stomach)

Looking for anybody whos taken high doses of Guaifenesin before. Thanks all, and sorry for the huge rambling lol!.

even on small amounts of guafinensin i felt sick to my stomach. on a high dose you will vomit A LOT and it will not be fun

Hello and welcome to bluelight! :)

I'm sorry but I don't know the details on guaifenesin. Felt like there should be a DXM subthread on the different preparations that contain DXM and the other ingredients that can be in there. So made it and merging this into it!

Hello and welcome to bluelight! :)

I'm sorry but I don't know the details on guaifenesin. Felt like there should be a DXM subthread on the different preparations that contain DXM and the other ingredients that can be in there. So made it and merging this into it!

thanks man sorry about posting in the wrong place lol. still lookin for this answer.