• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] Preparations / Formulæ

I'm experienced in both form, robo (15-16 times at recreational doses- 4 oz, and 7 high does 8/12 oz) and the powder (6-8 times in a pill, 3-4 times mixed in a liquid).
I've found that the syrup trips are "cleaner", and more realible.
When I took the powder in a gelcap, 3 of the times I felt no effect. I believe this is due to the cap dissolving too slowly, or passing straight thru. The times I mixed it in liquid (which tasted like total ass), I had 350 mg. The trips started off with a little bit of nausea, which slowly went away when I was peaking. It felt a little more dirty, and a little scarier (more intense "dying" sensations, more OBE's and mindfuck).
Every recreational syrup trip I've had has been relatively the same (except for the high doses, they all have different characteristics). Little to no nausea, euphoric, etc etc. And the next day I always felt "pure", like my body was free from sin/toxins/burden. With any form of the powder, I didn't feel the afterglow at all.
Hope this helps!

great replies. yeah, i've robotripped 3 times since March (as a cheaper and more easily accessible alternative to lsd/shrooms, and I'm definitely appreciating robotripping more and more each time I do it. so introspective. looks like i'll be sticking to the robo max strength cough.

Robotrippig is not an alternative to LSD or mushrooms. DXM is nothing like either drugs. No offense or anything, but if you're trying to find a "cheap" or "convienant" alternative, try morning glories. They're more earthly, non dissiociative, no "dying".
Also, don't just stick with DXM. You make it sound like it's something you induldge yourself in often. I'll write a post about my friend Ben who tripped 4 times a week for an entire semester, and how it has affected him mentally and physically, when I get time. It's not a pretty sight (nor is it terrible... just not a good thing).

I have read alot of posts re drinking Robitussin.
Many times i have read something along the lines of
"make sure DXM (dextromethorphan) is the ONLY active ingrediant in the cough syrup!" then it says "Robitussin DM is the best one to take"

I looked on the side of a Robitussin DM box and it says:

Active Ingredients
Dextromethorphan HBr in each 5 ml Tsp - USP 10 mg ,
Guaifenesin USP 100 mg

In Robitussin DM, Guaifenesin is also an active ingredient!
By 'only DXM as active ingrediant' do they mean
'make sure psuedoephedrine is not present' ?
Im confused!
Please help me, thanks :)

They mean to make sure there is NO Pseudoephedrine or Guaifenesin. Try looking for Robotussin Max Strength. Thats the only brand around me that has only Dextromethorphan in it. Since it sounds that youve read up already you probably know doses. Any other questions i suggest you search on google for the dextroverse , its a great site on DXM.

long answer...

i dunno why people are so hung up on sudafed and guaifenesin. prescription, as well as otc sinus medication often includes doses of both of those two drugs at 120mg/1000mg (respectively) two times daily.

in fact, guaifenesin is really not that effective as a decongestant unless at a dose of 800+ mg. What it does is pretty much liquifys the mucus in your lungs, throat and sinuses so ur body can "eject" it better.

Chlorpheniramine Maleate is lethal at high doses. it can also give u hemmorages, make u go blind, shit liek that. thats one of them to watch out for.

a dose of psudoephedrine at around 150mg isnt gonna hurt u, rather itl make you very very awake. however, i wouldnt suggest taking more than 100mg because the stimulation combined with the dxm may prove to be unhealthy, so avoid it if u can. again, guaifenesin is ment to be taken at doses around one gram sometimes, but not much more than that.

short answer yes, find a product that contains DXM only.

When I was reading up on erowid, I was checking the bad trips and trip disasters for dxm, and it looks to me like most of the REALLY BAD experiences were mostly(not all ofcourse, but the really bad ones) from ppl taking dxm with Chlorpheniramine Maleate as another active ingredient, or was it one of the other two you`re not supposed to drink, I`m not sure, but the other ingredients can make your trip a bad one( that`s what it made me believe anyway). Did anyone else notice this?

You don't want Robotussin DM due to the Guaifenesin. You want ROBOTUSSIN DX. The DX is the ONLY one that contains DXM as the only ingredient.

you want Maximum strength. blue box. 360mg per 4oz.

oh, and I have ingested about 1500mg of Guaifenesin and it was the only time I have done DXM. I am so careful too.....

yes, maximum strength 'Tussin if you can find it. It's usually thinner and therefor easier to take down. Try to get just the cough, not the cough and cold because that contains pseudophedrine, which can be fun with the drug but is more dangerous because its basically a very watered down amphetamine. Go with 4-8 ounces, depending on what you want to acheive...the first time is beautiful. :)

drinking robitussin is a bad idea in general, in my opinion. a friend of a friend was "robotripping" and his lips were all blue and he was convulsing and stuff. anyways, thats all ive got.

^ Just because your friend took the wrong shit doesn't mean it's horrible, maybe in your eyes..

"^ Just because your friend took the wrong shit doesn't mean it's horrible, maybe in your eyes.. "

He did say it was his bad just in his eyes...And I personally think it's a huge waste of time myself...but to each their own..

DXM can be fun, but be careful. Guaifenisin isn't harmful in the amount you take in a 4oz, but it does make you extremely naseaus. Get DX, or even better, the new gelcaps, you have to take a whole bottle full of them, but no evil taste.

Robitussin DM is the best one to take
it's actually a matter of country.
in the usa Robotussin Max Strength seems the one with no other active agents.
here (in spain) i bought Robitussin DM. the ingredients only mentionned dxm as active agent.
i was a bit worried because it was not supposed to be the good one. but i drank it and had no problem.
so it just turns out that they release the syrups with different names in different countries.

but...

drinking syrup is not that fun
and dxm is legal in all forms.
i think it's the same case almost everywhere
you can just enter a pharmacy and say "hello. do you have dextromethorphan please"
here they gave me a pack of "Romilar" (pills against cough): 20 pills containing 15 mg of dxm each.
so next pharmacy i just asked for Romilar. it costs 1€37 (=the same in us $) the pack

DXM brands

[Note: this might be totally against guidelines so close if neccesary]

Okay I've been looking for different sources to get Dextromethorphan from. I have concidered Coriceden but witht he Acetaminiphen present I have deamed this pill a danger, so im looking for a cough suppresent that contains only the active ingrediant: Dextromethorphan. The 2 brands I have selected were Robitussin Coughgels (10mg DXM) and Dexalone (30 mg DXM). Are there better options than this? Basically im looking for a cough suppresant containing just DXM and no other active ingrediants that could cause death or something similar.

Last edited:
Dexalone is apparently the best dxm product you can buy for tripping...I cant back that up though, because we dont have it here in aus :(

When you look at the box, it'll say active ingredients. make sure its just DXM Hbr. I was in the store buying some DXM to trip on (in Canada) and like all of the types of syrup except one had some additional shit. Expectorants and all this other crap is just bad.

The brand i got is: Life Dry Cough DM

You're lucky you have access to DexAlone. Eat those, that is what most people would choose if they had the option.