Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Ingredients

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I have gotten pure DXM but ran out. In stores they have these 2. Can you please let me know if they are okay? Especially the one with the "expectorant". 20200116_125329-1209x1612.jpg20200116_125342-1209x1612.jpg20200116_125329-1209x1612.jpg20200116_125342-1209x1612.jpg20200116_125329-1209x1612.jpg20200116_125322-1209x1612.jpg20200116_125322-1209x1612.jpg

Attachments

• 20200116_125315-1209x1612.jpg
    20200116_125315-1209x1612.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 0
The polistirex is a slow release formulation, so you arent going to feel it as much. The product with guaifenesin shouldn't be taken for extended periods of time because it can be hard on the kidneys. Id get a pure DXM formulation if you plan on using it for an extended period of time.

The polistirex is a slow release formulation, so you arent going to feel it as much. The product with guaifenesin shouldn't be taken for extended periods of time because it can be hard on the kidneys. Id get a pure DXM formulation if you plan on using it for an extended period of time.

Thank you so much. I'm gonna return the other one. I have 180 capsules on the way 15MG pure DXM. You are the man! So if I take the long acting one, along with the regular DXM, the effects will build up through the day? Thanks again

I like polistirex but it definitely doesnt kick as hard as HBr. Nice long trip tho. Reminds me sort of a "lite beer" PCP with the added duration and more stimulating vibe due to the slow absorption.

Poly gives me a brief bout of diarrhea towards the end tho. Lol. Weird edible plastic isnt entirely edible I suspect.

Thank you so much. I'm gonna return the other one. I have 180 capsules on the way 15MG pure DXM. You are the man! So if I take the long acting one, along with the regular DXM, the effects will build up through the day? Thanks again

Yes it will continue to build up. Who knows, maybe the polistirex would be better for your purpose since you are taking it at lower doses for pain rather than for a psychedelic experience.

Do you find the DXM helps with your pain?

Yes it will continue to build up. Who knows, maybe the polistirex would be better for your purpose since you are taking it at lower doses for pain rather than for a psychedelic experience.

Do you find the DXM helps with your pain?

Brother I am thankful for you. Honestly man where the bullet shrapnel is, it is usually a chronic ache. The DXM I am convinced, today I took 2.5 cups of the long acting so 70MG. I have another thread I have to check, I posted how many DXM tablets I had left but honestly lost count of how many I took.

I made a post that I made about it last night brother. Very mentally stimulating and I have questions about it, if you ever have time I made a post last night that should still be here my friend.

From the post I had 20 left and I just checked, I have 6. So 14x15MG + 70MG long acting so 280MG from 7AM until 5PM. It has numbed pain and made me mentally focused, slightly manic.

My main issue is I found out about DXM because I coughed so hard I pulled something according to PM doctor. It hurts so bad man, it is sharp unlike the other pain but it is right lower back and since the wounded area is my left side it is like demons battling about suicide but the DXM has me positive for once man. Is this dose good for pain? I have the 6 tablets so 6x15 90MG left for tonight

It seems to help with DEEP pain you know? The spine pain. The weird chronic aches in my neck. These pains that radiate seem to not be there damn-near. I usually would take my last Oxy now and then fight to sleep; but for once I am CONFIDENT I can make it another 2 hours before even touching it! This dose has made 30MG of Oxy give me the relief of about 55-60MG easily. The sharp pain from coughing is there and speaking to me but the beauty is that I know the DXM will suppress coughs to worsen it so I feel it is a win-win. Even took less Clonazepam today man. I genuinely owe you.

DXM and other NMDA-antagonists definitely helps with "deep pain" (ie pain stemming from nerve damage or neuropathic pain).

The following is an interesting description of its uses (and dosing) for pain, particularly in combination with opioids. You'll notice it specifically discusses its efficacy when combined with oxycodone:

DXM and other NMDA-antagonists definitely helps with "deep pain" (ie pain stemming from nerve damage or neuropathic pain).

The following is an interesting description of its uses (and dosing) for pain, particularly in combination with opioids. You'll notice it specifically discusses its efficacy when combined with oxycodone:

Brother.....

For pain, it says:

"In a small study of patients with long term neuropathic pain due to post-traumatic neuropathy who received 270 mg of dextromethorphan, results showed a 30% reduction in pain after a single dextromethorphan dose compared to placebo. After 1.5 hours and 2.5 to 4 hours from time of medication, there was a statistically significant difference in pain reduction."

I literally just said I took 280MG and felt good. This seems almost meant to be man 😳

Yeah i figured it would work for your purposes. Getting more medicine would be better given the potential side-effects of DXM, but if thats not possible this will help. Its going to be more effective than black seed oil, but again, it is going to have more side-effects and drug interactions. You should not combine high doses of DXM with antidepressants due to potential serotonergic toxicity. If you are taking any antidepressants and 1) you really find the DXM to help control pain, 2) you are unable to obtain more pain medicine and must resort to DXM and 3) don't suffer from particularly severe depression or, your depression stems from your pain, then you might consider discontinuing the antidepressant in a gradual fashion. Daily dosing hundreds of milligrams of DXM while taking antidepressants is a bad idea. The risk of serotonergic toxicity from these sorts of combinations rises with age and kidney or liver insufficiencies, but can certainly occur in a healthy individual if you push the dose.

Last edited:
Yeah i figured it would work for your purposes. Getting more medicine would be better given the potential side-effects of DXM, but if thats not possible this will help. Its going to be more effective than black seed oil, but again, it is going to have more side-effects and drug interactions. You should not combine high doses of DXM with antidepressants due to potential serotonergic toxicity. If you are taking any antidepressants and 1) you really find the DXM to help control pain, 2) you are unable to obtain more pain medicine and must resort to DXM and 3) don't suffer from particularly severe depression or, your depression stems from your pain, then you might consider discontinuing the antidepressant in a gradual fashion. Daily dosing hundreds of milligrams of DXM while taking antidepressants is a bad idea. The risk of serotonergic toxicity from these sorts of combinations rises with age and kidney or liver insufficiencies, but can certainly occur in a healthy individual if you push the dose.

I truly appreciate it man. My depression is about 80% from my pain man. I cannot live my life. The PTSD is managed with Clonazepam. For pain, Pregabalin seems to be not doing much. I wish I could just get my Oxycodone dose raised but it seems 40MG a day is all I will get 😥

I am on 20MG of Citalopram which I take right before bed. Will the DXM have any interference with this medication? Also, I'm thinking tomorrow instead of throughout the day, I will try the 280MG once like the Study says helps with neuropathic pain. Thanks again man

Yes potentially. Thats a fair amount of DXM. I have to advise against substantial doses of DXM while on antidepressants. Its impossible for me to say whether or not you'll get away with that combo, but i have to advise against it.

Yes potentially. Thats a fair amount of DXM. I have to advise against substantial doses of DXM while on antidepressants. Its impossible for me to say whether or not you'll get away with that combo, but i have to advise against it.

Brother I am at a loss 😭 what do I do? Today I got the pure DXM and now it is near 6PM. I have taken all together 15 capsules so 15x15= 225 plus 120Mg extended so all say 345MG and have not yet had my last Oxy! I take my SSRI before bed brother. I haven't had issues but idk man the pain had me debating ending it all. If I go I go I guess, maybe they will finally start treating people with chronic pain the right way and I will be remembered for something. God Bless man
Thank you for all of your advice and wisdom. Best wishes and prayers for good health. Take care

Saw a ml. indication on one of those pick's.

Don't down a bottle of Sorbitol containing sirop. There is no fun in doing robo on the toilet (laxative)