View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM first timerr

the guy

Greenlighter
i did a lot of research about DXM. i hope it doesnt annoy anyone. i wanted to make sure from live answerers

i have a year or two experience with my fav OTC. benadryl man thats good stuff. lol so does that mean i should be able to handle DXM witout bad trips?

here's my questions:

1 there's a lot of reports about puking and diarrhea and that crap. is this pretty much common? i really don't want to puke or feel nauses, thats basically all i'm afraid of.

2 i heard the first plateau is really boring, so i am hoping to go for a 2nd plateau, perhaps start out in lower second. that ok you think?

3 i really suck at math man lol and i saw DXm calculator but no idea how to read it. basically i'm 120 pounds, 6'2 tall. in my bottle there is 15 mg per teaspoon. so how many teaspoons do you think are good for my body weight

4 is it funner alone or with another person?

5 can i toke up maybe a bowl or two on this

6 what's your fav thing to do on'em

i'm hoping to do it tomorrow night. been sitting in my truck for three days now

120lb and 6'2??
No offense but is it even possible to be that skinny?
Anyway 100mL or 20 teaspoons should put you comfortable in the 2nd plateau range.
If you are worried about nausea I would try to find robitussin cough gels, they do not contain guafenesin like the syrups do and guaf is notorious for causing nausea.
If you do decide to go with the gels instead you are looking to take about 300mg of DXM, so 10 pills I believe.
I personally DESPISE DXM but dissociatives can be equally fun either alone or with another person.
Also you can blaze but just know that it can greatly potentiate your high, many people enjoy this effect but those not experienced with dissociatives may find it uncomfortable, use your own discretion.
IDK on dissociatives I like to watch a movie and zone out and laugh at how strange and alien it may seem, perhaps some music or deep thought.

If u have benadryl then u can take one for the nausea, or smoke if that helps nausea for you also. I'm sure you know this, but make sure the only active ingredient is the dxm. Hanging with friends can be fun, watching TV is a blast. Perdonally I like to mix with uppers like amphetamines or Ritalin and while I'm peaking on both hit some nitrous, but that's just me.

Your best bet is to get the robitussin cough gels, 300mg of dxm in all 20 gels. With no tolerance that will get you into 2nd plateau range tripping pretty hard. You definitely can smok bud and it is amazing while tripping. Dxm never caused any nausea for me or anyone I knew back in the days when I used to use it regularly. So that shouldn't be a problem, as long as there is no Guafenesin in your syrup. That shit will make your sick and will make your throw up so definitely avoid that. To get your total number of mgs in a whole bottle all you need to do is take the total number of mL in the bottle, and divide that by the mL in one dosage. Then multiply that number by the amount of dxm in one dose. So for example if a bottle of Vicks have 150mL total liquid, and each dose is 15mL each with 30 mg of dxm per 15mL dose, then you take the 150mL divided by the 15mL dose. That gives you 10 doses in the bottle. Multiply that by the amount of dxm in each dose, and you have 10x 30mg=300mg in the bottle.

to mr. toast: yeah man it sucks, i eat bout 5 meals a day not including all them snacks in between, but never get heavy, guess its just genetics doing its thing you know.

to mr. into: nice man sounds pretty fun. i'm more into the relaxing stuff though. well it's all just opinion i guess

to: mr.cycle: thanks for the math there man! really helped. i got 360 mg in the whole bottle. sources: google calculator and back of a box %)
but earlier today i took 60 mg (4 tsp) because someone said to see if i have the enzymes for it. alright man lol. didnt feel a thing so must mean i'm not allergic to it lol

yep i am looking forward to this, see ya on the other side!

to mr. toast: yeah man it sucks, i eat bout 5 meals a day not including all them snacks in between, but never get heavy, guess its just genetics doing its thing you know.

to mr. into: nice man sounds pretty fun. i'm more into the relaxing stuff though. well it's all just opinion i guess

to: mr.cycle: thanks for the math there man! really helped. i got 360 mg in the whole bottle. sources: google calculator and back of a box %)
but earlier today i took 60 mg (4 tsp) because someone said to see if i have the enzymes for it. alright man lol. didnt feel a thing so must mean i'm not allergic to it lol

yep i am looking forward to this, see ya on the other side!
Hell yeah definitely report back

Perdonally I like to mix with uppers like amphetamines or Ritalin.

While #Intothemdrugs may enjoy that, I'd strongly reccomend against combining DXM with stimulants. DXM has potentially dangerous interactions with a wide range of other drugs and medications, and it's important to research these before taking it (erowid is a good source of information). I'd be worried that mixing DXM with stimulants could cause dangerously high blood pressure and/or body temperature, possibly through "serotonin syndrome".

Also, others have already said it, but make sure what you're taking has only DXM, and not any other active ingredients - other active ingredients often included in cold/flu medications can range from unpleasant (e.g. guaifenesin) to lethal (e.g. paracetamol/APAP/acetaminophen) in large doses.

damn this is very great man and i thought i wasnt gonna have much of a story to tell but hell man there's gotta be a movie off this stuff. i really feel like not typing right now so if i have any memories tomorrow i will detail: took it around 7 at my friends mancave. friend who owns mancave = C, and friend that came over = B

well i took 200 mg and smoked a couple bowls. then i was like repeating in my head "trust me it'll be fun". well a LOT of stuff happened lol. man i hope i remember a lot of stuff tomorrow i really hate typing right now. but bascally we started playing Black Ops Zombies, unsure the map name. something in german with three words and "der" is in there I think. but i couldn't play it at all. i'm good at zombies but i was going along pretty good this time and then all the sudden i just thought "wow my fingers are moving like automatically" then i had to start manually moving my fingers like i had to think about the buttons and yeah i got down instantly and i handed the control over to my other friend.

they were on mary but pretty good at blackops. i can play blackops high but not dxming.

well there came a time his sister came home, i didn't say anything and everything went fine. then later i had to go home. i had to DRIVE because i drove up there. mention: it is a manual! but not even a single problem. my town has less than 100 people, it is spread out, and there is hardly any traffic even in daylight. in fact everyy day i just zip through the 4-way stop signs

but i pulled up. "oh damn the living room light is still on, but it's 10:30PM!!!" and i was still goin' and i walked in and it was smoother than i thought. i was so afraid i'd mess up. and i do not know HOW but i swear to god my body automatically functioned itself here. I just walked by. "hey mom, dad." dad watches tv mom is on the computer. i grab an apple off the shelf and not even a hint of suspicion. i have no idea how it happened. my whole time i was thinking "wait what? why am i walking, saying this? etc" like as if i wasn't in control of my actions but it was so weird i got by it, i don't care how it was awesome. but then again they weren't really looking at me either.

i am having the robo-walk problem people speak of.

the thing sticking out most for me is feeling like i'm on the edge of my mind like it feels like i backed up out of my mind. kinda like i am playing a video game when i do anything. even type.

hallucinaations in dark sort of. i mean i have to think of them to see them. but yeah man i love it

sorry it's not the type of report you wanted but man i gotta chill. lol it kind of is boring typing all this. tomorrow i'll write it up though

all in all it's really great and i think this type of thing should be saved for special occasions.

also some weird things:

at my friend's i went to piss once in his house. nobody in the house. couldn't pee

later outside the garage, still couldn't

but i feel like i really need to pee but can't anyone feel this before?

It can be a common problem on drugs that dissociate/sedate you.
It can happen to me on ketamine and also on opiates, as well as on stimulants like meth and coke I have a hard time urinating.
It's common on many drugs and I wouldn't worry about it.

alright thanks man lol. i didnt think it was something to drag me

last night i went up to my friend's, C and B is there. i down 12 teaspoons, 200 DXM mg. and then smoked 2 bowls and later dabbed. well i was f'ed up for sure, but i wasnt sure if it was the weed or the DXM. so me and B watch C play this game Farm SImulator. C and B lit marlboro reds and i lit a cheyenne cigar. we were talking about the game and nothing worth noting and i noticed that i couldn't talk worth crap. i would think of a sentence and when i went to say it i would just say words that sounded similar. like "what kind of animals can you get" or something along that lines and i said "what time of animals can you got?" or something along that line. i tried to correct myself, still failed. on third try i got it lol. i don't know why but i love when my speech is messed up, it just makes me feel like "oh yea i'm totally out of it"

well we finished our cigs and C said "lets play some black ops (original) zombies". i forgot the map name. but it's three german words and it takes forever to get pack-a-punch via the teleporters. anyway i tried playing and i was good up until i forgot how to move my fingers and then i got down it was round 5 so i'd say i wasnt bad for my condition lol.

i said dude okay i need to piss. i stand up for the first time and thats when i feel it. i read reports about robo-walking and i definitely dig what they mean. it was awesome to walk though. well i moved from the garage (his mancave) and went into his house and i went up in the bathroom. i couldn't piss but i looked in the mirror. "wait my pupils are supposed to get huge, and my eyes almost never chink" i say to myself so i check my eyes and BOOM. black holes, encircled by a thin ring of brown (my eye color). and then in the white, as far as i remember, there was mostly pink. like they were really bloodshot

i laughed my ass off, i said i can't piss nevermind. went back in the garage, still had to piss, i sat down and felt 10x more relaxed and i couldn't stop smiling. C and B asked why i am smiling and i said "dude look at my pupils" and i swear to god at the same time they said "holy shit". SAME EXACT TIME. i knew at that point i was hella fucked up, and i was excited

about a half hour later my friend's sister comes to the garage to talk to him. "C, mom wants me to take you to the hospital" she says. (C's girlfriend is in the hospital, she is OK, just sick from something i forgot what. preclampsia? something like that, by the way C said it its not too big of a deal. she is pregnant too due next month). C says "No i really dont want to go" and then the whole thing just turns depresso. C's sister goes inside the house and C pauses the game, calls his gf (and they have been texting). and it turns out C's gf wanted him to spend the night there, not his mom. she said because she's scared and C really didn't want to. he talked to her on the phone. B sticks out his hands to me and i was like "ok?" and we start doing rock paper scissors over and over again. to be honest now i think back to that i have no idea how that kept me entertained. i think the whole time i was wondering why were playing it lol

well he gets off the phone, C asks "why are you guys playing rock paper scissors" and B says he didn't want me to have a bad one. i was like "tea hanks man". i said "so whats the update" and C says he doesnt have to go up to the hospital and spend the night, she's got preclampsia (we didn't know til that point and i still have no idea what it is). and he said that everything is ok. and i said "alright man because i would've stayed night here with B if you had to go" and B said awe thanks man. C says 'you guys would probably have to sleep outside here my sister wouldnt let you guys in ithout me" and i was like "sleep man? we got zombies to kill" and B says something about how i cant play right now lol

well we all lit our smokes after that was done. they paused they're game and C cracked open some m&m minis. we were like niceeeeee and i found out eating sucked on dxm. i chewed and chewed and i forgot how to swallow lol i got them down with 7UP.

"want to go for a walk man?" was the LAST thing i want to hear at this moment LOL. but B asked because hes that kind of guy that gets high and likes to do things. same here but not dxming lol. well C isn't and C is like okay well lets finish the game first. i asked what time it was before they started the game, and i had only 10 mins before i had to be home. so they unpaused the game, in that 10 mins they had two close calls and i said "alright man, before your guys gaming gives me a heart attack i gotta go" and i left. i got up wow i barely could stand let alone walk. but then i walked outside of the garage, into the freezing cold with a thin hoodie sweatshirt. got in my truck (5 speed) and i was like "i really hope i can drive lol" and i felt good the entire time, no bad trips here.

started her up, checked 3 times to make damn sure i was in reverse and not first. backed up. stopped and looked for any vehicles coming. i think there was one but maybe false memory. i backed out, ran a stop sign on purpose (its right there outside of his lot). and then i rolled through a 4 way stop sign and went on home. first, i just want to mention that i live in a very quiet town, no cars were out, there never are, not even in the day. lol. well i coasted down my road and i was like "holy crap there is no way i am driving good" and the radio started playing some jams on my rock station i always have it on and it made the whole drive home 10x more trippy and awesome.

i rolled into my parking spot on our front lawn, noticed the living room light is still on for some reason! meaning both my parents are up! and i was like ohhhh shnoop! i told myself in my head "this too will pass" and held my breath, opened the door, my mom on the computer and dad on the chair watching TV. i say "hey mom, hey dad" they said hi, stayed looking at their stuff, i grabbed a fruit out of the bowl on the counter and went straight to my room and the whole time in my brain swear to god i was watching me do those things but i didnt do them. i don't know i was pretty f'd up.

i went on my computer i was thinking how smooth that went, how awesome my trip was. sat on my laptop for a half hour checking facebook and posting my last post. then everyone went to bed, so i closed my door, put on my huge headphones that are really great, listened to some gojira and some tool and turned off the lights, closed the laptop and chilled in the darkness. i was hoping to get some hallucinations. i don't know if this counts, but went i listened to the music in the darkness i felt like i was outside of myself moving with the music. it's awesome. it wasn't an OBE though because i didn't see myself, but i was moving but still sitting there kind of.

and i just kind of kept drifting off to sleep. i wanted to lay on my pillow like usual (cheek on pillow) but my headphones got in the way so i just turned my music off after about 2 hours of sitting and listening to music in total darkness (felt like not even an hour) and went to bed. best sleep ever, don't remember shit about what i dreamed, but i remembered it was pretty deep. and i think i might still be a little buzzed i dont know. highly unlikely because it's way over 6 hours, but i dont know. no dxm hangover or nothing. no nausea, no puke, nothing. i finally got my piss out this morning yes it was that same one. thank god i didnt piss myself sleeping. but it felt 10x greater than pissing usually does.

so yeah. this is going to be saved for special occasions. it was tits. woke up an hour ago (11;30 am) and gotta be to work at 4pm (pig farm). time to smoke a bowl while i can lol. have a good day ya'll. open to ask any questions, hope this is a good report. SORRY FOR GRAMMAR!