Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM Extraction for Aussies

Originally posted by Chemical Shaman:
As you move through life you evolve...
We are...well at least I'm sorry, Chemical Shaman. Some of us here are having trouble evolving as far as you obviously have. :(

I think that advising 800mg+ DXM doses is a little unwise, given the power of effects that may be felt from that dose, and the duration that the peak of effects is felt. As a 'recreational' dose my opinion is that 800mg is very strong. To my mind this is more in the region of 'strong psychedelic' or 'learning' dose, which comprises of detachment from society for a lengthy period.
If someone was taking DXM in a public setting I would recommend significantly smaller doses, even the double vision common to 2nd platueau DXM doses can be disturbing when in an unfamiliar environment.
One way or another, the DXM will have the same effect - as long as the same dose hits your bloodstream in the same amount of time, the vehicle for the chemical is irrelevant.
BigTrancer :)

^
BT- The chemical in Robo DX is DXM-Hbr. When you get mail order shit it would be just plain DXM. Apparently the Hydro-Bromide makes the trip less enjoyable(less clean)
...alledgedly

*stands up an applauds* nice one chem_shaman.
Although, advising kiddies to go to 3rd plateau may be a litle beyond their psychological boundaries.
I went a little over 9mg/kg recently and to say i was fucked for 2 days straight and not right in the head for more than a week is to undermine how mashed i was. DXM is a powerful drug when used in high doses (as all are) and i would just like to offer a word of caution, more than for other drugs, to those out there who would like to jump right into the deep end.
Mooch - the extraction should be the same, the ones i've seen are all easily done with the australian equivalent of the american brands. Is that what you were originally asking? What the brands are?
There is no "australian" method.
Just a further Q - what drug combinations involving DXM have people tried and enjoyed? Friends have taken dxm + lsd and said it was quite a treat.

Originally posted by Sempiternity:
^
BT- The chemical in Robo DX is DXM-Hbr. When you get mail order shit it would be just plain DXM. Apparently the Hydro-Bromide makes the trip less enjoyable(less clean)

I've got no idea how shit like this get spread around the internet or if it even makes any sense at all but it's certainly provides a fistfull of hillarity. Nice one
lol.gif

Originally posted by dingleberries:
just ask the guys from hip-hop group "three six mafia", i downloaded a song by them the other day called "sippin on some syrup"... apparently they know where its at.
Well yeah they sure know where it's at. I think i'll start chuggin syrup because some below par hip-hop group tells me it's cool. I make a bit of hip-hop music myself , pretty decent hip-hop. I think i'll make my next song about raping sting-rays on the beach and we'll see how well that takes off as a popular past time. Or better yet i'll write a song about choosing powder over syrup , i'll make it all poppy and boppy and over-produced , it'll be rockin!! It will be just like the eighties only instead of people walking around wearing baggy t-shirts saying "Choose Life" they'll have tight revealing t-shirts saying "Choose Powder" , now that's a catchy phrase , "Choose Powder!!!"
biggrin3.gif

Originally posted by Sempiternity:

We are...well at least I'm sorry, Chemical Shaman. Some of us here are having trouble evolving as far as you obviously have. :(

Don't sweat it , im sure you'll get there one day. But seriously , im not more evolved than anyone drinking syrup , i've just taken a bigger step towards common sense. That's what it's about really , common sense. Do the math and no matter which way you look at it powder is the only way to go.
One day you'll do powder and then you'll NEVER go back to syrup EVER again. You'll look back on this thread and think "Oh if only I had of known then what I know now" and then somewhere in the distance you'll hear a tearing sound , you'll look around the room and discover it's coming from your bedside table. Then you'll spy your wallet on the table , but why is it making that tearing sound???? I'll tell you why because it can no longer accomodate all the fucking money thats been shoved in there , it's the money that you saved by choosing powder over syrup. Suddenly bang your wallet explodes and a great big pile of 20's 50's and 100's fly around the room. This is the money that you would have spent if you had of stuck with syrup. You'll pick up a 50 and use it to light a spliff and then you'll reminisce about the days when you paid $30 for a $3 dose of DXM. Then you'll go out and spend two hundred bucks on a pill just so you can get the nostalgic feeling of completely wasting your money again.
Seriously I feel like im sitting here watching the 2 hottest lesbians in the world fuck eachother senseless , all I can do is shake my head and think "what a fucking waste". I'll send you some of my powder if you want , i've got more than i can use and im cool with sharing.

Originally posted by BigTrancer:
I think that advising 800mg+ DXM doses is a little unwise,
I probably should have made myself a bit clearer. I wasn't suggesting that people go out and try 800mg doses first time around or that 60kg females should use 800mg to get to third plateau. I was saying that out of all the plateaus i've been to I consider 3rd the best so when *I* dose this is the plateau I go for , and as I am a 75kg male I need roughly 800mg to get there.
Anyone trying dxm for the first time should (above all else) read the faq's and for the first time around only use 100-200mg to test for cyp2d6 enzyme defficiancy (something that about 1 in 6 people suffer from). It's common sense to start off small , my reference was to regualr dxm use.
Sorry bout the misunderstanding.
If someone was taking DXM in a public setting I would recommend significantly smaller doses,
I think dxm in a public place is a flat-out bad idea full stop. This is a real "home" psychedelic. I've done more-or-less just about every psychedelic in nightclubs or social settings and it's something I definately regret. Infact one time in a club I robo-walked down a flight of stairs. Your better off decking out your house with trip toys and black lights and strobes and what not and going all out in the privacy of your own home. That's the best way to go :)
One way or another, the DXM will have the same effect - as long as the same dose hits your bloodstream in the same amount of time, the vehicle for the chemical is irrelevant.
It's not so much relevant in terms of effect (well maybe a little bit) but if it's cheaper and easier to just swallow a gel-cap why not do it. If you drink that much syrup it's inevitable that you are gonna throw it up
pukeface.gif
so not only will you waste a good deal of your trip throwing up the entire contents of your stomach you'll also get the nausea associated with it. With powder I never throw up and nausea is minimal. But i think i've done enough of trying to push my views on other people :) I should probably shut up now. Do what you want people , if syrups your thing then go for it!!

What I said-
What you said-
I've got no idea how shit like this get spread around the internet or if it even makes any sense at all but it's certainly provides a fistfull of hillarity. Nice one
Chemical Shaman-I made that post in haste and I'm sorry. I would like to clear up what I meant so that there is no confusion.
Firstly, I would like to say that I have little or no knowledge of DXM: I barely studied chemistry, I've only RoboTripped twice, I've never preformed the extraction, I've never ordered DXM through the mail...hell, I don't even have the pre-requisites to be a self-professed 'Shaman'.
I guess what I'm saying here is that I would very much appreciate if you did not use the laughing icon again in response to my post. There is only so much e-humiliation a man can bear.
I beleive that extracting DXM powder from Robo DX removes the HBr from the end of the compound.
This site lists the ingredients in Robo DX.
The active ingredient is DXM-HBr 30mg/10ml
I think I was wrong in my previous post, I thought that DXM through the mail would come in the form of plain Dextromethorphan, without the HydroBromide. However, after visting two Reserch Chemical sites(I'm not allowed to post the URL's) I realised that they only sell Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide.
All the extraction methods I have read for DXM have stated that the chemistry removes the -HBr compound leaving plain DXM. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the URl's so I'm not going too, but I'm sure with a little effort you could find them. I have included the two following quotes which are cheifly responsible for making me beleive that -HBr interfears with the cleaness of the trip
...At this point you can either evaporate the naptha using a blowdryer, in a glass pan or bowl to produce DXM freebase powder, or proceed with the instructions below to produce DXM hydrocitrate, which I recommend over the freebase form. Neither form contains bromide, making both a much healthier form of DXM than DXM HBR...
...Some feel this is a far cleaner and more spiritual trip than using syrup or powder.
That is about all I have to say. I'm very sorry to everyone who had to read it. I guess it just illustrates how worked up I got because of a stupid little laughing icon. I'm done now.
If any of this is wrong, I would be grateful if anyone corrects me.
Oh, by the way, that's a lovely photo of you in your profile 'Chemical Shaman'.

Chemical Shaman, the last time I checked (about three minutes ago), a 100mL bottle of Robotussin-DX was priced at $7.50...oh wait, here is my order :
555117 ROBITUSSIN DM 100ML S/F COUGH AND COLD 30 MG/10ML $ 7.50
This is from an online Australian pharmacy, delivered within 5 days.
BTW, 800mg is a ridiculous amount of DXM to be consuming. Two bottles, on an empty stomach, should get you to the third plateau very easily.

Chemical Shaman-I made that post in haste and I'm sorry. I would like to clear up what I meant so that there is no confusion.
No man im the one that should apologise. I wasn't really laughing at you , just at the statement which you were merely passing on. Im reading the posts I made last night and there all pretty fucken condescending but all I can say is I wasn't myself. Trust me in real life im a REALLY nice guy (i swear :) )
But so there is no confusion I should probably clear up what I meant. I assumed you were refering to a dxm-dxo conversion which would make a lot more sense. You would certainly get a much different trip from consuming pure DXO , all the dxm you consume is converted to DXO using the cyp2d6 enzyme (this is the same enzyme that converts codeine into morphine as well I think) so by consuming the DXO pure your eliminating the bodies conversion. Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (which is in the syrup and which is available as powder) is the water soluble salt that comes from reacting dxm with hydrobromic acid. The reason they use Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide in cough syrup and powder is because once it enters your body it is absorbed easily.
All the extraction methods I have read for DXM have stated that the chemistry removes the -HBr compound leaving plain DXM
More or less yes. But eating dextromethorphan freebase is really not the smartest thing to do unless you knowingly have a whole lot more stomach acids etc than most other people on the planet. No matter which way you look at it powder is the better option all round not just financially. Im really just trying to help you guys out here , I was once a syrup drinker too :)
Oh, by the way, that's a lovely photo of you in your profile 'Chemical Shaman'.
people actually look at those things?? ;)
peace Sempiternity
Chemical Shaman

Originally posted by dsci4:
555117 ROBITUSSIN DM 100ML S/F COUGH AND COLD 30 MG/10ML $ 7.50

SWEET JESUS MAN DO NOT DRINK ROBITUSSIN DM IT'S CHOCK FULL OF GUAIFENESIN FOR CHRISTS SAKE.
BTW, 800mg is a ridiculous amount of DXM to be consuming. Two bottles, on an empty stomach, should get you to the third plateau very easily.
600mg (two bottles) will get a 75kg male to upper second plateau/lower third plateau , a gram will get you to upper third plateau. 800mg will leave you nicely in between , in that "perfect" place , where all is well and all is good ;)
time for bed
CS

eeek, I copied the wrong text. here:
540072 ROBITUSSIN DX 100ML COUGH AND COLD 30 MG/10ML $ 7.50 each
rspct.
dsci4
[ 24 January 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

This is the last reply I am going to make tothis thread. It is fast becoming a stupid, convolouted, long-winded thread without much information relevant to the question.
If you perform the agent lemon extraction on Robo DX you will be left with...
DXM hydrocitrate, which I recommend over the freebase form. Neither form contains bromide, making both a much healthier form of DXM than DXM HBR.
That is all.
So mooch, to anwser your question. Yes. I think.
Oh god.