View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and Zoloft (Please help)

caden_g59

Greenlighter
I am on day 3 of Zoloft (sertaline). I take 25mg every morning when I wake up. I took it this morning around 8 am. I plan on tripping on DXM tonight, dosing at 708mg (3rd plateau). The bottles are Dextromethorphan HBr 30mg per 10ml.

1) Is this combination safe?

2) Does the Zoloft potentiate the DXM, or vice versa?

Please respond quick; I've heard mixed responses. Thank you.

Also I'm 17, around 125 lbs, and 5'7.

Last edited:
I seem to remember that dxm messes with serotonin forget how, and Zoloft is an ssri correct?
In short I wouldn't do this combo because it may induce serotonin syndrome which is physically dangerous and can cause death. I would recommend either not doing it or doing some serious research. A DXM trip is not something I would risk SSyndrome for imho.

Hope we you fare alright whatever you decide:

Actually I hope you are reading this right now. I would not do this combination. Please find another substance like mushrooms to trip on. dXM not worth serotonin syndrome!!

stay safe. Good thing you asked!

I am on day 3 of Zoloft (sertaline). I take 25mg every morning when I wake up. I took it this morning around 8 am. I plan on tripping on DXM tonight, dosing at 708mg (3rd plateau). The bottles are Dextromethorphan HBr 30mg per 10ml.

1) Is this combination safe?

2) Does the Zoloft potentiate the DXM, or vice versa?

Please respond quick; I've heard mixed responses. Thank you.

Also I'm 17, around 125 lbs, and 5'7.

NOOOOOO this combination is absolutely NOT safe, high risk of serotonin syndrome which can potentially be fatal. A fellow Bluelighter is believed to have died from a combination not too much different(Venlafexine(Effexor)and DXM). If you're going to use serotonergic drugs recreationally, wait until you're off SSRI's/SNRI's and also MAOI's.

Agreed with everyone else, this combo is NOT SAFE. DXM should not be combined with SSRI's. It already has that action, I believe it also initiates some release of serotonin. The combination can cause fatal serotonin syndrome.

Agreed with everyone else, this combo is NOT SAFE. DXM should not be combined with SSRI's. It already has that action, I believe it also initiates some release of serotonin. The combination can cause fatal serotonin syndrome.
Yeah if I remember correctly, DXM has SNRI action in addition to the rest of it's pharmacological action, and therein lies the risk of combining with other serotonin reuptake inhibitors and serotonin releasers.