• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Drugs which make you face your deepest fears and then you can overcome them?

glab

Bluelighter
I once saw something on TV where they were in the rainforrest or something and the
tribal people there had rituals where they had to chew on roots and then they'd get hallucinations
and relive past experiences and they had to deal with mistakes which they made and when they survived
it they were totally changed. This stuff must have been pretty dangerous. I don't know if they could as well
have gone insane.

I just wonder are there prescription or non-prescription drugs which do this? Could this be something like a last
hope for people which are crippled by depression,anxieties and all kinds of shit and antidepressants simply don't work
and therapy also doesn't work?

Sounds precisely like tabernanthe iboga which contains ibogaine. It's used as an addiction treatment in this part of the world although it's technically illegal in the US.

Sounds like something that any number of psychedelics could do.

LSD, Shrooms, DMT, Iboga, Salvia, Mescaline and countless others all have the potential to do that, but I agree that just from what I've heard DMT and Iboga would be the two big ones.

I've never gotten a chance to do either yet though.

Sounds precisely like tabernanthe iboga which contains ibogaine. It's used as an addiction treatment in this part of the world although it's technically illegal in the US.

Yep, Ibogaine. A heavy mescaline or mushroom trip could do somewhat similar, and DMT (not ANY analogue of DMT) might do the same. Easiest that you can find similar to said trip: salvia divinorum.

Eta: keamine can induce some seriously bizarre trips, but they are so bizarre that remembering them will fade like a bad dream... not to mention that the English language doesnt have appropriate verbs and adjectives to accurately describe the experience.

Pretty much *any* psychedelic will lead you to realize and to face your fears, some more or less then others but also it depends on the setting, while on a 7g mushroom trip you can have the deepest introspective psychedelic trip one can have you can also risk the chance of learning little to none with a 6hr trip consisting of maniacal laughter to the point the next days your stomach hurts from the muscles contracting during a 6hr period of hysterical laughter.

Going crazy? If one has a history in the family of mental illness the psychedelics, esp. with long use can trigger it earlier on, but only if predisposed to this or if irreversible damage is done to the brain from serious abuse of stimulants and staying awake late at night (reason heroin is safer than meth & crack).

Anything prescription? There are medications that have 'aspects' of a psychedelic experience for example some will have the ability to make it seem as if things are moving in a slightly psychedelic pattern like on Imovane/Zopiclone (IME) but not the headspace nor the caliber of visuals experienced by psychedelics. Overdoses of anti histamines result in deliria which is *extremely different* from hallucinations, in that you can not tell them apart in deliriantes also the psychedelic headspace is not present. One that does come to mind is either if your lucky HBWs seeds or Morning Glory (Heavenly Blue variety) that results first in vomiting in 70% of the time and later on goes on to resemble about 50mcg-75mcg LSD but very sedative headspace but the most similar to psychedelics as you are ingesting LSA. In Vancuver, CA you can get Ibogaine treatment (monitored & legal) for drug withdrawl.

The op is speaking specially of iboga root, which I have seen the same documentary I believe. Do not attempt to experiment with alone.

Stay far away from ibogaine, stuff can be scary.

I don't have firsthand knowledge, just going off what I've read & seen a documentary & videos.

Ime, LSD is the best psychedelic out there & you can benefit from it.......shrooms are about the same as well, LSD just has a cleaner trip IMO.

The thing to ask yourself is, do you really want to get so introspective within yourself?

Some things are best hidden......there's a chemical balance in your brain, & if you mess with it too much, you become unbalanced.

I disagree with the lost boys above... LSD is knowm to be one of the riskiest tryptamine as far as long time repercussions from one time use when used without respect while ibogaine can lead to heart failure and death.

With any drug approach them with respect... Acknowledge things like 25i that are extreme binding agents best used for analytic work on mice or opiates more potent than fentanyl used to tranquilize beasts like elephants and rhinos that would need multiple grams of oxymorphone even making it a necessity for the powerful ones that no human should even attempt to ingest even with caution.