Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drugs situation in Laos, Cambodia, and Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope only Thailand also. I read that up in northern Laos opium is still produced and sold discretely, not sure if there are still dens there, that would be a pretty cool thing to see. People I was talking to in southern Thailand said you occasionally get it down there if you know the right people.

yaba or ice in cambodia

im traveling to cambodia soon. and i heard thayt yaba and ice is both readily available. Im wondering which one to buy cuase i hear they;re so different from eachother. And (im not trying to get sources here!) im wondering how available is it? is it just being offered at every street you go? once again im not asking for any sources only to verify that it is being offered at tremendous availability.

I've merged your post but as Drug_Mentor told you in your last thread that was closed, we don't allow availability discussion. It always tends towards sourcing or incriminating talk. It's cool to discuss yaba/ice, but any further posts discussing availability will be edited/unapproved.

jesus!! thanks for all the great info fellas. im trying to get to camboida at the end of september. after i come back i will defintely write a report for all of you and help you guys out as muich as possible. Im just wondering one thing though. i know yaba and ice are different so if i want ice how do i ask for it in khmer and how much is the price of yaba and ice over there?

im traveling to cambodia soon. and i heard thayt yaba and ice is both readily available. Im wondering which one to buy cuase i hear they;re so different from eachother. And (im not trying to get sources here!) im wondering how available is it? is it just being offered at every street you go? once again im not asking for any sources only to verify that it is being offered at tremendous availability.

It's fucking everywhere! ..... Here's a report I write years ago .... The photo's have gone which sucks dog balls. http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...rienced-Smoking-Shards-in-the-Cambodian-Slums

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place (I'm still getting a handle of the search engine)

So when I was in Thailand in February this year my drink was spiked with yaba at a well known Australian bar in Koh Samui (not putting a name up because I think that would count as sourcing? there are quite a few Australian bars there so I dont think my description could really count as sourcing either). I'm pretty sure it was yaba because me and my boyfriends drinks which were meant to be sour cocktails tasted sweet with a hint of vanilla. And very shortly after drinking it I knew we had consumed some form of ice/speed (typical symptoms = big grin on the face, really talkative, getting into the band that was being played more so than we would have if we weren't high, and not being able to sleep for hours). Another thing that tipped me off was an Aussie guy in his 40-50s joined in with the band and started singing smoke on the water at the top of his lungs before doing at least 15 jumping clap pushups, a feat that I don't think many of my friends could achieve and he certainly looked like the sort of guy who worked out much. I don't really have a problem with those drugs (although not really my drug of choice), or anyone else doing them. I wanted to put up a warning for Australian tourists about this bar on some of the online trip advising sort of websites, because I'm concerned that the bar could accidentally spike the drink of someone with a heart condition or someone who has a moral aversion to the drug (like my boyfirend), however I don't want to accidentally tip off the thai authorities to this and be the reason that any of the people working at the bar land up in jail (or worse killed - I have heard about the drug squads that went around killing Yaba dealers). I was thinking of posting something up like "great atmosphere at this pub, but the drinks made me sick, I think there is something wrong with the "ice"". What are peoples thoughts on how I can do my part for harm minimisation by communicating this to tourists, without the bar staff being affected?

I guess because I'm a caring person and I don't want to be responsible for any of them coming to harm (I personally don't believe in sending people to jail for drug crimes). I don't believe the bar staff were trying to hurt anyone, they were just trying to make more money by getting people off chops. I know quite a few people who would have loved to have had their drink spiked with that stuff, but there are plenty of people who don't, and there are people where it could have disastrous consequences. I wasn't particularly upset by having it spiked with an upper (I would have had a very different opinion on this if they had put a roofie in it or something along those lines), so I dont have any animosity towards them.

People should be careful and aware that drink spiking can happen anywhere on a night out.

Here, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand anywhere.

Watch your drinks and watch the bar tender pouring them.

Don't trust anyone with your open drink on any night out.

^ jail isn't a better place for anyone. Especially not for drugs, especially with no solid evidence of who was responsible for the spiking and suggesting that the fate of whoever runs the particular establishment doesn't matter seems a little harsh considering thailand's drug laws.

That's a fucked story, psychoactive pupil - and i can absolutely appreciate your desire to warn people of such things happening (without effectively snitching to Thai authorities) - quite a moral dilemma.

I think the kind of general, non-specific warning you have given is pretty much the best option.

So when I was in Thailand in February this year my drink was spiked with yaba . "I think there is something wrong with the "ice""

Not cool at all. If you had asked for it then no problem but given that there is a history of piss testing punters in the city that is just wrong. If there is a code word for "put heaps of meth in my drink" or something they should make it something obscure so that only people who are up for it get the jumping clap push ups medicine.

People should be careful and aware that drink spiking can happen anywhere on a night out.

Here, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand anywhere.

Watch your drinks and watch the bar tender pouring them.

Don't trust anyone with your open drink on any night out.

I know that drink spiking can occur anywhere, I've heard of quite a few instances in Sydney (some caused by bar staff and others by "friends" trying to be nice (the friendliness of that is highly debatable though). I d agree that it is definitely worth watching your drink being made, we were stupid in this instance... We did watch all of our drinks being made at the full moon party (which went to a few days before we went to the bar where our drink was actually spiked - so in hind sight we should have been more careful), and always went to the same girl. The girl who made our buckets at the full moon party actually stopped our drink being spiked that night, as some random guy came up with a shaker of what I assume were drugs and she shook her head and stopped him from putting any of it in our drinks.... it is often harder to watch your drinks than to actually achieve it. Often there is some form of decoration blocking your view, and I've heard stories of the straw containing the drugs and not the actual cocktail.

^ jail isn't a better place for anyone. Especially not for drugs, especially with no solid evidence of who was responsible for the spiking and suggesting that the fate of whoever runs the particular establishment doesn't matter seems a little harsh considering thailand's drug laws.

That's a fucked story, psychoactive pupil - and i can absolutely appreciate your desire to warn people of such things happening (without effectively snitching to Thai authorities) - quite a moral dilemma.

I think the kind of general, non-specific warning you have given is pretty much the best option.

+1 :)

Yeah put something subtle up on one of the guide/advisor websites for sure. Word will get back to them. If I was going again soon I would broach it with them straight up especially if its an aussie bar. Not been to samui so I don't know which one you're talking about but they need to have some kind of informed consent with that shit (special cocktail, long time happy hour or something). I would usually be pleased with free drugs but for many people it would be most unwelcome. Especially if you were on the plane home a few hours afterwards.

I don't believe the bar staff were trying to hurt anyone, they were just trying to make more money by getting people off chops.

Haha, the times I've worked at clubs well known for their drug use the drink prices have to be exorbitantly high because no one drinks alcohol on methamphetamine!

The situation as you described it is shit, I just wonder how much can realistically be achieved here. It's conjecture - and it's got nothing to do with me believing your story or not - but I just can't see anecdotal evidence really preventing much harm. How many people will see that comment and change their behaviour? I just can't imagine very many. I'm conflicted because I know that's not an adequate reason to sit back and do nothing, but I see the possible consequences as outweighing the potential benefits. For instance, if it was a patron rather than the bar doing the spiking a warning about the bar may have little benefit, but still cause negative consequences for the staff.

Perhaps just a more general warning would be apt, just a reminder to people to watch their drinks carefully, rather than being more specific. People do have the take care of their personal safety, but a reminder can't hurt.

Thanks for your input footscrazy. You've given me a lot of good food for thought. I think I'm going to have to mull it over for a bit longer to work out the best course of action (or whether to take action at all).

Availability discussion is against the rules, this thread has been a fairly long standing exception to that rule, and I can't think of any logical reason why that should be the case.

In the interest of enforcing the forum guidelines consistently, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.