• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Forum Guidelines Drugs in the Media becomes Drug Policy and Media Coverage which includes some rule changes

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
DiTM -----> DP&MC

Here's some local Bluelight news for you guys!

We are currently updating the rules of this forum. Our proposed changes will allow a larger variety of threads to be posted here. Instead of just having the news article format, we will also allow the creation of discussion threads that are generally about both drug policy and how drugs are covered in the media. While you are still encouraged to post article format threads, you are now allowed to post more discussion threads, as long as they are on the topic of drug policy and media coverage.

For now I will stick this thread to the top for visibility. If you have any questions on what you are allowed to post, please feel free to post them here, or direct them towards myself or @thegreenhand

Thanks,

deficiT

Last edited:
deficiT summed it up pretty well so I’m gonna struggle not to just restate what he said.

The old Drugs in the Media you know and love isn’t going anywhere. You’re still encouraged to post any and all media about drugs.

But now you can start a thread about a drug policy topic without the need for a relevant article. A pattern we’ve noticed is that popular threads here tend to evolve into a drug policy debate. So we’re essentially cutting out the middleman. To avoid clutter and duplicate threads, this will probably take the form of megathreads (e.g drug legalization, drug courts, etc.)

If the conversation on an article thread shifts away from discussing the article at hand, we’ll likely be moving those posts to the relevant megathread. This is not a punishment, it’s actually to help facilitate that discussion in a dedicated space.

I’m looking forward to everyone’s contributions.

💜 tgh

Last edited:
The forum title currently reads "Drugs Policy and Media Coverage" as opposed to its description in the post as "Drug Policy and Media Coverage."

It would be fine either way, IMO ("drugs" being more UK-style and "drug" more US-style), just wanted to point out the difference.

The forum title currently reads "Drugs Policy and Media Coverage" as opposed to its description in the post as "Drug Policy and Media Coverage."

It would be fine either way, IMO ("drugs" being more UK-style and "drug" more US-style), just wanted to point out the difference.
Whoops. That was a mere typo. I'll fix it. Thanks.