PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drugs for Bad Trips/Dark Trips

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDabs243

Greenlighter
Sounds weird, but Dark Trips is what I search for. I like seeing scary things. What out there can cause a visual trip for awhile. Not just a few minutes. I'd prefer hours. 30 benadryl is the only thing that has came close to giving dark hallucinations. Please know other, better things (better then 30 benadryl), to take, and the amount. Also, maybe things for preperation for before hand to make me have a dark time. Thank you!

well i have heard that mixing LSD or Shrooms with Meth can cause horrifying hallucinations.

Hi and welcome,

You're entitled to your own preferences, but we don't recommend specific drugs on this forum so out of the blue and this is pretty anti-HR. Especially considering your benadryl use suggests your inexperience.
Often seeing scary stuff comes with risk - for example with stimulant abuse / sleep deprivation and delirium. That all has considerable risks.
If you ask me you would be better off just carefully experimenting with psychedelics and filling in the "theme" yourself by using the right music or video as adjunct. It should not be too hard to give yourself bad vibes that way because psychedelics make you pretty sensitive / impressionable. Still it would be lots more responsible.

Otherwise, just look for reports on people with bad and dark trips, see what it was that happened to them and why and make up your mind if that is really your cup of tea.

Be careful.

Thread is pending closing, unless there is at least a fair HR perspective here.

Can you elaborate on what you are looking for exactly in the experience? Have you had a challenging experience with psychedelics before or any experience with psychedelics at all?

Afaik most "bad trips" are not so much about seeing scary things, but more about a fear of going crazy or not finding back into everyday reality, inescapable seeming thought-loops, paranoia towards your fellow trippers and stuff like that. It's really nothing like watching a horror movie or walking through a haunted house at an amusement park.

I would definitely advise against a combination of psychedelics and stimulants, those can end pretty bad for some people. If (and that is a big if) you want to try combining a psychedelic with something else to make the experience darker or more difficult, Cannabis has that effect on many people's trips when smoked while peaking on a psychedelic. Also oral Cannabis (without adding another drug) can produce rather dark experiences in some people. But Solipsis is right, the surest way to have a difficult experience is not through choosing a specific substance, but to create a scary, dark (but safe) environment to trip in. You should definitely have a sober tripsitter with you, who can change the setting should you be overwhelmed.

Again, can you tell us what you have in mind specifically when you say that you want a dark trip or dark hallucinations?

I find that a lot of tryptamines can get pretty dark in high enough doses. Diphenhydramine doesn't even compare to the stuff I've seen on them. I would not describe the trips as bad or challenging though, they were actually quite euphoric, but note that they would not be for everyone. I haven't tried the aforementioned DPT, but I do hear from a lot of people that that one is especially good at it.

Datura (Jimson Weed) it's a very strong and strange deliriant/anticholinergic which effects come from the tropane alkaloids: atropine, hyoscyamine, and scopolamine.

That's all you, I'm good on Datura haha. Might even get to smoke a phantom cigarette (which is a Datura trip phenomenon, even if you're a non-smoker). I can only imagine how delirious and dark it would be.... I'll stick with tryptamines, phenethylamines, empathogenics, and dissociatives myself.

I'd probably try it if it was in front of me though as long as I had somebody around to make sure I'm not being outrageous and I didn't have any obligations for a few days.

I know that hallucinogens always have their inherent dangers and I did bring up high doses of psychedelics myself, but do you really think it's wise to recommend datura to someone who has given no indication of their level of experience with drugs or knowledge about them? Datura is no joke and should barely even be thought of as a drug. It is extremely easy to take a lethal dose if you don't know what you're doing, and often even if you do.

You could try combining DPH with DXM, or sublingual salvia. I think that LSA has some potential here, as I have experienced some pretty horrifying hallucinations from it, but only in situations of fear.

You don't want to have a bad trip. I saw myself die a million ways a second and there is no stopping it once that starts. To see your own blood and feel the pain. Horrifying is most definitely the word. I would highly suggest you don't take high doses of hallucinogens because you will have an incredibly terrible experience. I don't believe that it will be scary in the sense your thinking of, but it will be scary for the doctors and nurses that have to treat you at the er.

A bad trip is a learning experience unless of course you end in hospital or a cell!

Why do you feel the need for darkness, is life boring? Is it a macho thing, ( yeah thought I was going to go mad but didn't - haven't I got a big penis)?

Psychedelics are learning tools, what do you hope to learn from the darkness?

Datura (Jimson Weed) it's a very strong and strange deliriant/anticholinergic which effects come from the tropane alkaloids: atropine, hyoscyamine, and scopolamine.

That's all you, I'm good on Datura haha. Might even get to smoke a phantom cigarette (which is a Datura trip phenomenon, even if you're a non-smoker). I can only imagine how delirious and dark it would be.... I'll stick with tryptamines, phenethylamines, empathogenics, and dissociatives myself.

I'd probably try it if it was in front of me though as long as I had somebody around to make sure I'm not being outrageous and I didn't have any obligations for a few days.

I know people who have taken Datura but they had a sitter there, or they took it in combination with Ayahuasca and did it as part of a religious ceremony with a shaman or guide in a country where this is legal.

Go for hardcore psychs. 2cp is a good dark one. Or perhaps dissociatives like diphenidine has a dark edge. Totally unsafe but if youre to mix a little of psychs and dissos things get waayyy occult and shit.

Large doses of edible cannabis.

Also I don't know pop in a nightmare before christmas or something on the dvd player

Any combination of serotonergic psychedelics, NMDAR antagonists, κOR antagonists, and mAChR antagonists should do the trick. Well, either that or cause you to commit suicide in the throes of a hazily brumous, paranoid, drug-induced psychotic state, right before the real fun was about to begin.

But in all earnest, OP, one can learn a lot from a "bad" (I prefer the term "uncomfortable" or "disquieting") trip. But these perturbing experiences have the potential to cause real, and sometimes permanent, psychological harm to the unprepared tripper. If you haven't had these kinds of lurid and ghastly experiences before and if you aren't comfortable with being locked inside your mind with your own worst fears, most dreadful nightmares, and your own inner demons then I would either avoid it altogether or tread very, very cautiously.

And diphenhydramine is a shitty deliriant, by the way. If that's all you've experimented with so far, then I'm afraid to say you simply don't pack the gear to dive headfirst into this stuff without drowning in it.

Go for hardcore psychs. 2cp is a good dark one. Or perhaps dissociatives like diphenidine has a dark edge. Totally unsafe but if youre to mix a little of psychs and dissos things get waayyy occult and shit.

I find a nice mix of psychs and MXE to be a great combination. Admittedly it can get hairy if you dose on the high side but the last time I had that mix I had an absolutely amazing uplifting spiritual experience.

I recall seeing this kind of threads before, and was kind of surprised to see that there was no "most sinister psychedelic" in the Psychedelic Drugs Index.

I can only echo what other people have been saying: 2C-E, 2C-P and DPT all have a dark edge to them imo. Mixing arylcyclohexylamines on top of a psychedelic, can give it a serious dark twist as well. I think ketamine is the exception here. It's amazing on top of LSD, but it never turned dark on me - things just get wierd.

There's always somebody who wants to mess around with deliriants, but it's really dangerous, and I honestly don't believe people that claim they enjoy it. But to each his own I guess. I haven't tried salvia divinorum, but it's probably a much safer and much better option for some one interested in the deleriant experience.

I think this thread has pretty much supplied any answers you're gonna get on the topic, and really if you think about it this isn't particularly pro-HR...so given this I believe it's about time to close it off.

PM me if you feel there's still use in this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.