Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"Drugs clubber fights for life" Sunday Mail (Bris)14/4/02

hardup

Bluelighter
"Drugs clubber fights for life" by Daryl Passmore
A nightclubber was fighting for his life last night after an overdose of the designer drug fantasy - the second known case in Brisbane in less than two weeks.
The 20-year-old was on life support in intensive care after collapsing in Fortitude Valley early yesterday.
His mother yesterday called for youngsters to stop taking the drug - and for better controls in nightspots - before someone died. "I want parents to know this drug is out there and somebody's kid is going to end up dead," said the woman who asked to be identified only as Laura.
Fantasy, also known as liquid ecstasy or GBH, is popular among the all-night dance culture. A sedative, it slows down the brain and other parts of the central nervous system.
The immediate effects may include a sense of wellbeing and relaxation, increased sociability or even euphoria but can be replaced with confusion, extreme drowsiness, convulsions, unconsciousness and respiratory failure.
A woman in her ealry twenties overdosed on fantasy at the Adventjah rave party held in the RNA Showground at Easter.
An ambulance service staffer said yesterday: "We get this stuff all the time. You don't know what they're swallowing out there."
In the latest incident, the 20-year-old collapsed in the Valley Skyline carpark just before 7am after spending the night dancing.
Friends said he had taken fantasy about 2 hours earlier. He was taken to the Royal Brisbane and later transfered to Prince Charles Hospital in Chermside.
There's been quite a few ODs on GHB (probably more likely to be GBL) in the past couple of weeks in Brisvegas. It seems there's some stronger than usual gear around the place. Be really careful measuring your dose. Your local Needle and Syringe Program stocks a whole range of syringes without needles. These can be used to accurately measure your dose. You can get these free and you don't have to worry about unsafe disposal laws.
Although, accurately measuring your dose means nothing unless you know how strong the gear is. If you're not sure, start off small. Its too late after you've drank it.
Early intervention is the key to helping someone out in a GHB overdose. Be aware that symptoms of GHB overdose (toxicity is a better discription) vary. Make sure your friends know what drugs you're taking. Dont' overdo it...More doesn't equal better, with GHB.
Its good to see people not afraid to call for help in these situations, and being honest with the ambos about what drugs have been taken.
Look after eachother folks.
[ 14 April 2002: Message edited by: hardup ]

Originally posted by hardup:

accurately measuring your dose means nothing unless you know how strong the gear is. If you're not sure, start off small. Its too late after you've drank it.
[ 14 April 2002: Message edited by: hardup ]

Beautifully said! Thanks for that article, you're absolutely spot on.
horsey

known as gbh hey... Gees the press realy check out there info dont they!
spose thats just the grevious bodily harm stuff, not GHB..
Sheesh
/sarc
chem

I know the guy the article is talking about.
He is ok, he is out of hospital now, at home.
There HAVE been more people fanta'ing out lately in Brisbane.
I wish people would take note of this and reduce their dose.
For instance, there is lime green stuff going around that is STRONG. And no i'm not a dealer trying to up-sell my gear!! :D
But (and i could be wrong) i get the feeling its 1,4B as opposed to GHB.
It tastes like chemicals rather than salty.
Anyway, to the few Brissy pple on here, be careful with your dosage!!!!
Cheers

The shit's finally hitting the fan. So many people have no fucking idea what they are putting in their bodies, and even worse, don't seem to give a shit.
I think it is safe to say 90% of the "clubbing" community who partake in illicit chemicals would know of the recent spate of GHB/1,4B/GBL overdoses, yet what happens? More people gun it down and end up in hospital. I take no issue with drug use, only irresponsible misuse. Surely if offered GHB would you not say "start me low" or "no thanks" if you knew of recent events??
With press coverage like this, I can't wait for what the future holds. Harsher treatment, more difficulty with access no doubt, and some chemicals (a little left field for most) becoming further out of the reach of responsible psychonauts. Lovely.
Unfortunately, if shit happens in Brisbane it's only a FOAF away.

"But... drug overdoses happen to "other people"... right?" -- That's the attitude that gets people in trouble IMHO.
BigTrancer :)

Bit of an indulgant rant here, but relevent none the less...
I recommend your friend who had too much to follow the foodchain up to whoever is dealing in the concentrate. There is a sort of 'standard' of 125g/ltr for G which equates 'about' a 15mil dose. Get your friend to say 'what you gave me made it into the newspapers, go and dilute your shit'. A fuckup of a couple of mils where 15mil is a dose is not a cause for hospitalisation. A fuckup of a couple of mils where 2mils is a dose means someone is going to have some sleep time real soon.

from what i have gathered up here, it isnt gbl, ghb or 1,4b thats getting around :(
'apparently' its some mix of 1,4b with something else... tho i havent come across this myself.
brissy peoples have a lot to learn when it comes to G (and so do the fuckin' media!)
M

We've heard about wankers up here (bris.) adding saline solution and salt to 1,4b and passing it off to the unsuspecting punter as GHB...f**kheads
Be careful everyone!!!
[ 16 April 2002: Message edited by: samadhi ]

I agree that we should all be VERY CAREFUL!!!!! up here.
It seems up here that its stronger normally,
but extremely strong at the moment.
In the past i've had doses of 3 or 4ml and been
g-ing off my butt! For a friend of mine who has had alot of G in his time, a standard dose was 4ml.
Tell you what, for the next few weeks at least, if i'm going to be having G, i'll be starting off with 2ml (max!) and then dosing up.
Of course, most of the time you buy G, its by the ml. So the people selling it arent going to want to sell less, are they? They're losing money that way. And i hope not to offend anyone, but in my experience, dealers dont care about you, they care about your money! Maybe they should realise that if youre dead/in hospital, you cant give them you their money!
I wish there was some way to announce to every G-taker that there is STRONGER gear going around.
But unfortunately there isnt, all we can do is tell our friends and hope they pass the msg on.
BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR G DOSE PEOPLE! PLEASE INFORM OTHERS OF THIS!!!

I think that this warning should be taken a bit more broadly than just to Brisvegans.. Any dose sensitive drug needs to be treated with caution until you have some idea of what strength you're dealing with.
And I have to agree with Soma about getting the message back to the source.. A dealer SHOULD be interested in that sort of info, not because they care about their customers (although some do), but because if what they're selling is stronger than normal, then they can sell more doses per litre and make a better profit. Any dealer who doesn't care about underselling his/her stuff is just stupid.

I want to bump this.. in the hope that all Brisbane Bluelighters read it... for harm minimisation purposes.
Cheers all!
Take care and keep smiling!

having wanted to try fantasy for a long time now, i think i shall surely be staying away from this gear till something i can be sure of comes along.
I think this goes without saying for everyone, not just for brisneylanders...
if you arent sure what it is you are buying, dont buy it.
if you arent sure what is is you are taking, dont take it.
and if you do take what you arent sure of, make sure that someone you trust knows what you (supposedly) took and how much!
Andromeda :)
p.s. i dont like the kind of rep that these incidents are giving brisbane, we have enough of a police state, and if it keeps on happening from ppl being silly with their drugs (and making the rest of us who are totally responsible about drugs look bad) then i can see ALOT of sniffer dogs and busts and ppl getting arrested for looking wrong...

Im sorry but its not the drug itself its the LACK OF FUCKING EDUCATION. LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. LACK OF USING THEIR FUCKING BRAINS
Was the drug researched by anyone before it was taken? Do they do the right thing and start of at a small dose and work up (slowly) Doubtful. I may be wrong but its like hearing people take pills when they have NO IDEA what it does or how it works or what is going to happen except for dodgy brothers drug dealing saying 'yeah, this will make you feel good, try this, its OK'
ANYONE WHO WANTS TO TRY IT PLEASE READ THIS. PRINT IT OUT, READ IT THOROUGHLY, SHOW IT TO YOUR FRIENDS or ANYONE WHO HAS TAKEN IT OR WANTS TO
GHB - EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
A few quotes taken from the (very long) thread:
Make no mistake; GHB can cause pain, expense, and tragedy if misused. You, of course, are not going to misuse it. Attend to these five points and you can be sure that you are as safe as is possible:
1. NO ALCOHOL! Yes, Yes, we have said it before - but it is well worth repeating: Alcohol and GHB greatly increase each other's effects and that makes the threat of respiratory arrest a deadly reality. Even small quantities can be hazardous. If this is the only thing you remember, then remember it well!
2. If you are using GHB in public, then be sure to be with a friend. Falling asleep in public is dangerous if you are alone. More than one person has suggested a "GHB-alert" bracelet that would tell passers-by "let me sleep!" but the best way to avoid danger is to have someone on hand who can take care of you.
3. Know your source. Make sure the GHB is pure, and know the concentration so you get the proper dose. Essentially, this means never buying "street" GHB unless you know the dealer and have had some experienced with his or her product. Fortunately, GHB is legal in several countries and so proper pharmaceutical procedures can be employed to make the purest GHB available.
4. Know your dose. The difference between a useful dose and an excessive dose can be very small. Be cautious.
5. Don't be stupid. You should no more drive or operate heavy machinery under the influence of GHB than you should had you consumed any significant quantity of alcohol. If you're dancing, get adequate fluids and rest. Be aware that your judgement is somewhat clouded. The strange man asking you to follow him is probably not your long-lost Uncle Wilfred.
If you don't mix alcohol and GHB, death will not happen, folks.
As with most substances, unpleasant and possibly dangerous side effects can be associated with excessive doses of GHB. A dose usually only about twice the amount required for relaxation or a prosexual effect can, as one user put it, "knock you out but fast." In this respect, GHB is probably comparable to alcohol: if you drank twice as much as you normally would, you probably wouldn't function very well.
Despite its general safety and lack of toxicity, the safe use of GHB requires information, preparation, caution, and good judgement. In other words, follow the usage guidelines!
Death: The lowest estimated lethal dose for GHB that has been reported is 1100mg/kg, although there are reports of experiments with monkeys where the monkeys received 1000mg/kg without apparent harm. In an average human, 1100mg/kg would be over 66g of GHB, or 22 active doses, taken all at once!
The real concerns are simply that it is possible to use GHB irresponsibly.
As with most substances, unpleasant and possibly dangerous side effects can be associated with excessive doses of GHB.
Those who suffer from any of the following conditions should not use GHB:
 severe illness of any kind,
 epilepsy,
 convulsions,
 bradycardia or slowed heart-beat
 Cushing's syndrome,
 severe cardiovascular disease, and
 severe hypertension.
GHB should not be used with:
 benzodiazepines ("minor tranquillisers" such as Valium and Xanax),
 phenothiazines ("major tranquillisers" like Thorazine and Stellazine),
 various painkillers (barbiturates and opiates),
 alcohol,
 anticonvulsants (Dilantin and phenobarbital) and even
 many over-the-counter allergy and sleep remedies
In 1991, two scientists from the California Department of Health Services, Drs Chin and Kreutzer, wrote a report on ten "poisonings" associated with GHB. Of the ten "poisonings" reported:
· Four involved "unknown doses,"
· Four featured the simultaneous ingestion of other drugs (usually alcohol),
· One involved epilepsy for which no medication was being taken, and
· One involved a history of grand mal seizures.
Since alcohol and other central nervous system (CNS) depressants are not recommended with GHB, and because GHB is contraindicated for epileptics, such cases are not unexpected. In their report, Chin and Kreutzer do acknowledge that the "more severe reactions...generally occurred when patients took an unmeasured dose, a particularly large dose, or several doses within a short period of time." Such problems are easily avoided by following the directions for GHB's use.
Its not that hard peeps. There are PLENTY of reasons in the thread why you should NOT take it, but it does show how to be as safe as you can. PLEASE READ IT AND SAVE IT SOMEWHERE but REMEMBER THIS IS FOR GHB, NOT 14B. THIS FAQ MAY VARY FOR 14B
[ 19 April 2002: Message edited by: blufluffybunny ]

And......... If I hear one more fucking reporter call it
'FANTASY' or 'DESIGNER DRUG'
Im going to go down to the news room and tear him a new asshole........