• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug Users are a higher class human

I remember having this conversation with my best friend when we were 17(very high at the time mind you ;) ) That drug users are more open minded, willing to look at the broader perspective and therefor able to reach a higher intelligence than non drug users. I think we were just talking shit lol.

As for bluelight, i love this place and it's opened me up to a new world of really great people. At the same time, and as is in the real world there are also a lot of wankers. And whilest i love the broad perspectives, sense of humour, and compassion of certain bluelighters, there are people in my life who don't do drugs and whom are extremely intelligent, open minded, hilariously funny, caring and have given me some of the best life advice i have ever recieved.

Had to laugh at the title of this post. Drug users are of higher class of people...
I think if you were going to look at the entire population in catagories and 'class' i hardly think drug users can put themselves ahead of non drug users. For the majority of drug users i believe drug taking is there flaw. May be great people capable of good conversation but in very close to every case i'v ever seen they would be MUCH greater people without the drugs.

Excellent post eggman! Especially liked this line for some reason:

eggman88888 said:
The reason why is also the reason why i love bluelight. The place is jammed full of different personalities from different backgrounds with different goals, agendas and issues

Tara The Great said:
I think if you were going to look at the entire population in catagories and 'class' i hardly think drug users can put themselves ahead of non drug users.

So your saying that once you use a drug you become a lower class??

I think that on average those who use drugs are quite considerably smarter than those who dont..........on average of course, there will always be thickheads and mensas in all walks of life.

However having said that. its not the taking of the drugs that moved them up.

Replace 'drug' users with 'psychedelic' users. Particularly LSD. Based on famous trippers of course rather than my personal opinion. :)

Wow, I swear I posted in this thread last night.

I guess that is evidence for the negative =D

vanth said:
Wow, I swear I posted in this thread last night.

I guess that is evidence for the negative =D

Hey now. We might be lacking in the short term memory department... but when it comes to... umm, what were we talking about again?

icon_razz.gif

MazDan said:
So your saying that once you use a drug you become a lower class??

I think that on average those who use drugs are quite considerably smarter than those who dont..........on average of course, there will always be thickheads and mensas in all walks of life.

However having said that. its not the taking of the drugs that moved them up.

I would have to agree with you there to some extent. I just get irritated quite abit when i see the way drugs are glorified and are brought up as though they are an aspect of a perons good qualities. I think it is true alot of intelligent people get into drugs and have a passion for searching for something more. But drugs just aren't it. Its just the crap substitute.
They are still good people but the decision to take drugs i believe is a very dumb decision and definately one of there weaknesses and i do not support anyone who believes drugs make them a better person. What they are doing is selfish and will always have a negative impact on somebody who loves them.

But i dont think this has anything to do with class. I just hate the way people put themselves ahead of someone else based on something they do not who they are.

Tara The Great said:
They are still good people but the decision to take drugs i believe is a very dumb decision and definately one of there weaknesses and i do not support anyone who believes drugs make them a better person. What they are doing is selfish and will always have a negative impact on somebody who loves them.

Thanks for your pity, I'm flattered that you think we're still good people even though our drug use makes us innately flawed as people.

Did you actually take the time to read this thread or did you just spam where you saw fit?

No one here is glorifying drug use. The comments being made are about the type of personalities that are drawn, firstly to drug use, and secondly to a community like Bluelight.

If nothing else your post supports the contention of this thread by pointing out the judgemental attitudes that we choose to avoid by spending our time here instead of other forums. Thanks <3

Tara The Great said:
But i dont think this has anything to do with class. I just hate the way people put themselves ahead of someone else based on something they do not who they are.

Yes, I agree completely!

We definitely should judge people for who they are, not what they do (like drugs!). So how much do you know about the people here?

Last edited:
college_dropout said:
Replace 'drug' users with 'psychedelic' users. Particularly LSD.

Uh uh... BL is special. I've been to other psychedelic forums and they tend to be populated by brain dead morons, won't name names but some of those entheogenic communities aren't the brightest sparks when it comes to anything other than plants.

I don't agree. I use another (droog) forum where the quality of people and intelligence is higher.
This place reminds me of scattered feces some times. <-- lolwtf.
Although there definately are alot of cool, mindful people here.. :)

Try Me Without Meds... Barell O' Monkeys...

Tara The Great said:
Had to laugh at the title of this post. Drug users are of higher class of people...
I think if you were going to look at the entire population in catagories and 'class' i hardly think drug users can put themselves ahead of non drug users. For the majority of drug users i believe drug taking is there flaw. May be great people capable of good conversation but in very close to every case i'v ever seen they would be MUCH greater people without the drugs.

My Higher
Class
Mates
Say You're Fucked in The Head.

If I hadn't ever taken drugs,
I'd probably think you were
heaps cool
& shit.

Do drink coffee,
tea, do you smoke,
or like to unwind wif a beer
after a hard days work?

A glass of wine with dinner,
when you go out?

Seriously,
drugs do damage,
(to some - USAGE!),
but you're proably hangin' out with
Kyle ATM...

What a fuckin' joke...

You di'n't even specify recreational drugs.

Shit, I got a fuck'd back.
I took a Voltaren.
It's really makin' me a worse person.
Sorry, I meant to say stupiderer.

Sounds like a case of the GUILTS.
Or jus' blatant stupidity.

An' I shall quote again...

"I believe, if we take habitual drunkards as a class,
their heads
and their hearts
will bear an advantageous comparison
with those
of any other class.
There seems ever to have been a proneness in
the brilliant
and warm-blooded
to fall into this vice."

- - Abraham Lincoln - -

To 'Tard The Grate -
You REALLY haven't had much experience with psychotics,
or people who use 'drugs' to mediate mood/stabilization, chair?

Caus that's a pretty blanky statement.

Especial if it's a mad ghey blanket.

PEACE FOOL
UnS
:)

I don't believe drug users are a "higher class" per se, however there is merit in stating that drug users, are perhaps, more open-minded, which is a great quality in itself.

This could be reversed, though, when there can be major cases of drug snobbery. You'll get "psychenauts" who believe that people who don't enjoy taking psychedelics are "weak minded" and closed off to "the great inner search", which to me, is a crock of shit. Sure, psychedelics can be great fun, and they can definitely have their place, but they're not the be all and end all of all things.

This can be extended to all drugs really... there are 2 extremes... people like Tara the Great, who seem to paint all drug users with the same brush, and then the other extreme, serious 'exploreres of inner space' who paint all people who don't use any drugs, or will stay away from certain drugs with the one brush too. :\

So no, i don't think, in the literal sense, drug users are a higher class people at all.

Well said ^ they may be more "open minded", but "a higher class human" ? give me a fucking break. that's ridiculous.

Perhaps it's not the drugs but the pre-disposition to take drugs that make drug users that little more willing to look outside the box than most. There are people who are searching for more, and those people will in most cases turn to drugs at some point. What they take from their experience with drugs, is entirely up to the person.

In regards to psychedelics, i think for some people they do have the potential to help you reach a higher level than what you may have realised you had the ability to do without the drug. For example with mdma, i've seen it open people up to a level of emotion they otherwise didn't realise they had the potential to feel. Or were perhaps comfortable to feel. Therefore it changed them as a person and helped them to reach a "higher level". On a personal level however, drug users on a higher level of class is ridiculous.

This quote sums up my feelings on it pretty well..

I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

I think it's the overindulgence that tends to come back and bite us on the ass..

Basically, i just don't think you can can't pigeon hole people.

Last edited:
Tara The Great said:
I would have to agree with you there to some extent. I just get irritated quite abit when i see the way drugs are glorified and are brought up as though they are an aspect of a perons good qualities. I think it is true alot of intelligent people get into drugs and have a passion for searching for something more. But drugs just aren't it. Its just the crap substitute.

wow... I havent seen a crazy troll in here for ages.

(My) Studies have shown that stoners are, on average, 87.3% "higher" than people who are not stoned.

So are drug users are a higher class of human? The statistics would indicate so.