• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Drug Sabbatical Support & Appreciation Thread Mk. III: New Beginnings

It's scary how real everything feels, when you're stopping. It's scary how your emotions are totally fucked up - but it's the real you, trying to come through.

I disagree, the fourth human drive (And in some other animals) is intoxication, I don't think quiting makes things more 'real' just you realise/feel/see how shitty your life/society is. :\

If equilibrium is maintained and respected, drug use isn't a problem.

Being sober I feel surprisingly indifferent thought process wise. But I notice things I wouldn't of otherwise noticed had I been high.
Giving up alcohol for instance allowed me to focus on reading books.

The power of attraction, being a million times more sociable and being able to string a sentence together are all plus's of being sober.

If you need to rely on regular drug use for whatever reason, surely it stands to reason you're unhappy?

Drugs are just an escape route.
Most of the time it's 'just' boredom we're escaping.

Life shouldn't be boring though.
It's a fascinating world and we aint here for long.

*Hugs Kate* <3

Right, I'm definitely off dissociatives for a decent time interval, maybe until the end of October. I took reasonable doses of both 3-MeO-PCP and MXE last night and although they did fuck me up, and it felt good at the start, it didn't proceed properly and at the peak I was on my knees on the floor saying "the drugs don't work, the drugs don't work" - and these two don't any more. There was little in the way of psychedelia or even the manic stimulation I so love, they mostly just made me stupid and incapable.

No point wasting my stash and wasting my time in a state more like drunkenness than anything productive. Three months break will hopefully restore some of the tolerance and magic that has gone :(

I also think my use of these and stims is interfering with my brain chemistry on a day-to-day basis, killing my motivation. So I'm going to keep stims for nights out/special occasions too.

I will allow myself poppy pods, kratom and psychedelics. I think I'm going to include aMT in the psychedelics group.

3-meo-pcp has that horrible edge to it sometimes. Can only describe it as despondent.

Not for me, it never makes me despondent! MXE can do sometimes though. However, they just don't fucking work :( (for me anymore)

Yeah MXE and 3-meo-pcp both share the same 'bad trip' feeling...But a good MXE experience is like enlightenment and a good 3-meo-pcp experience is like hysterical mania!

Never bought that much 3-meo-pcp though, I find it less recreational and a wee bit scary.

Might have bought some MXE, been long enough after the ban for me to miss it now. So a little pause in sabbatical, along with the codeine. But it is all I want.

Yeah MXE and 3-meo-pcp both share the same 'bad trip' feeling...

No they don't! It's just MXE young man!

But a good MXE experience is like enlightenment and a good 3-meo-pcp experience is like hysterical mania!

Yes, lovely hysterical mania <3

It's weird. I have never found anything scary about 3-MeO-PCP, except fot the daft behaviour it sometimes causes. But I'm never frightened while on it. On the contrary, I am the one and only dominator.

Ive only taken mxe about 3 times, but i think it feels safe and benign and fear free, compared to things like magic mushrooms, which have often had an udercurrent of fear for me, whilst taking them.

Ive only taken mxe about 3 times, but i think it feels safe and benign and fear free, compared to things like magic mushrooms, which have often had an udercurrent of fear for me, whilst taking them.

Sometimes if I underdose MXE I'm left feeling like this world isn't real but there's no new world to replace it. It feels a bit like I imagine a ghost feels, wandering about somewhere you don't belong.

High doses can be frightening just as my marbles start to return, because it's not clear that all the marbles will come back.

You said earlier that you felt you're lacking motivation atm probably due to disassociatives Knock. Have you got anything in mind, other than abstinence, that will restore it. I've just started Piracetam but I think thats more for memory etc. Do you know of anything that will encourage motivation. Other than something like speed of course.

I'm a colossal procrastinator.

You said earlier that you felt you're lacking motivation atm probably due to disassociatives Knock. Have you got anything in mind, other than abstinence, that will restore it. I've just started Piracetam but I think thats more for memory etc. Do you know of anything that will encourage motivation. Other than something like speed of course.

I'm a colossal procrastinator.

I see a therapist; I talked to her about my motivation problems last Monday. She's asked me to draw up a list of things I'd like to do and prioritise them, but importantly write next to them how I feel when I think about them. I'm going to do that tonight, as I see her again tomorrow (as you can see I am running alongside you in the procrastination race).

But during the last session we talked about what I would like to do immediately and I told her I'd been meaning to get back on my bike. Just talking to her about it, and telling her I really wanted to do it, and that I planned to do it straight away, made all the difference! Immediately after the session I went home, got my bike stuff together and went off for a bike ride. I haven't been on the bike for two years.

Just talking about stuff to someone who seems to care makes all the difference!

I've just made a massive healthy veggie chilli! Does this count as a special occasion? It might be nice to follow it up with some 4-FA! :D

EDIT: 4-FA won out. Stuff is REALLY nice!

I completed the list of things I mentioned in the last post. In twenty minutes! That's pretty fucking good.

Last edited:
Well, this is my 10th day of T-total ness.

My brain feels like it's getting more and more like the 'old me' by the day.
It's v intense stuff. No wonder I feel the need to get high and escape.

Also can't stop rambling......

You off the booze? Nasty habit to break.

Yeah. Tbf I've been mostly booze free since rehab in 2010. (Only been pissed about 2 or 3 times since then)

My last sesh was on K & if I wasn't so skint I'd probably be on the K.

Having no income for weeks has put things into perspective.

Can't be easy having it enforced like that, and the temptation's always there when the cash comes in. You seem to be looking at it rationally though, which counts.

Right, I'm currently @ nearly 2 weeks t-total sobriety, but I still feel the need to self medicate.
(Not get smashed into oblivion).

50mgs of IM'd ketamine would be enough to keep me in good stead. Without compromising my equilibrium and routine.

Seeing as I just hauled in a mid-long term supply of MXE, dissociatives are the sabbatical easer's recommendation.

Alcohol.

I am getting 100mg or so etizolam this weekend and I will be using them to stay off the alcohol, well that is the plan at least.