• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug Perspectives

Lol!!! I couldnt stop laughing when the previous person said "i went ages and vowed to never toch anything but E's" ha ha. I did the same thing!! i never wanted to have marijuana cos the image portrayed by those "stoners" is not a very good one. Fucking movies like Pulp fiction & fucking BLOW always show that u can overdose with the tiniest bit. And that scarred me for ages. After vowing to only ever do E's...Last saturday I had some Speed!! The media & movies always shoe that people who r under the influence of substances JUSt CANNOT DO ANYTHING!! they're always no hopers, a mess. So imagine how surprised i was when i first had speed & ecstasy. I couldnt believe that i knew my name & where i was & that i was totally concious. But have a few drinks & its another story. I'm gone.

man i saw this movie called "Spun" it was crazy
it freeked me out about meth for like 2- 3 weeks :(

Hey yeah thats right SPUN. It had John leguizamo & Brittany murphy. That was another movie i watched to curb my curiosity. After that, i waited again til i tried an E. i kept prolonging it by watching those "scary movies"....

Alao, just one last thing. I just saw what Risegurl had written. & i was so totally like that. I went out once with some friends in a very new envirroment & they went into those "coke booths" & they started droppin & snortin. I freaked out so badly & cried & wondered how i got myself into such a mess. I was in the toilets like balling my eyes out thinking ... Fuck, you've done it now, & like Risegurl I totally agree that when you're so fucking off your face on ANYTHING especially alcohol, That its a pretty classless look. I mean dont get me wrong, i can get pretty trashed & i have a reputation. But when u look the part just looks tacky, I think the best part about being wasted is that no one knows u r!!! ; )

lol, I thought spun was a pretty funny movie.

lol, that chick gets strapped to the bed with the cd skipping, haha.
you just can't take that movie seriously.

My drug perspectives have changed even more, I've fallen in love with psychadelics and now love exploring the different plains of concioussness, understanding myself better or at least understanding things from new perspectives. I've found many anti drug people are quite amazed with the in depth discussions I can go into about what drugs have taught me and i'm able to describe my experiences pretty accurately as well as show my understanding of how drugs affect the brain.

lol, i've gone from anti-drug to someone with a love for neuropharmacology and mental exploration, I've become a psychonaught :D
I'm in love with medical science and want to discover the way our complex brain works.

Hopefully someday I can alter the way the medical industry is heading, Medical science at UNI is just the first step but I think i have a pretty dam good understanding of drugs at my age for someone who said when they were young that they would never even touch alcohol. When I was growing up I don't think many people would have expected someone like more to be the type who'd look up to someone like shulgin. However now im a psychonaught and its funny how things turn out.

Lets see where I can go from here.

umm im on a bit of xanax at the moment about to go to sleep, hope I made sense :) i'll have to check tomorrow morning

When I was a youngster i subscribed to the myth that pot made stuff 'funny' but if you took any harder drugs you would basically die. Then when i tried pot in high school because my friends did it was hilarious and a whole new world opened up. I must admit the idea of pot being a 'gateway' drug rang true for me. I was having a bad time in yr 11 and 12 and smoking every day - the pot just wasn't getting me high enuff anymore so I tried acid which was great and I had a blast on that. Then later came pills, the occasional line of speed and a few goes with meth/ice. So my perception of drugs has done a huge 180 since i was a kid - I think they're great if you can handle them - but at the same time you should never take them for granted and also really have a good think about drugs could do to your mind and body in the future. party on.

Your drug use: Did you ever think you'd be where you are now?

For me it all started one sunny summer afternoon when a friend from school said that he had finally gotten hold of the weed that I had wanted. I had been interested in drugs ever since we started learning about them in year 9 health. Even though this class was supposed to be teaching us the dangers of drugs it only kindled a facination in altered states of consciousness.
So I got the weed, waited until my mother had left for the supermarket and smoked about half a gram in a dodgy homemade bong I'd made. And that was it. I was introduced into a different level of consciousness, a place where time was delayed and inconsistent, thoughts went off on tangents freely and food tasted better than it ever had before. I loved it.

Fastfoward 4 years and I'm now 19 and still using drugs. The question is did I see myself still using drugs at this age when I smoked that first cone? Did I think that I would try substances like MDMA and Meth? And did I think that I would end up spending my holidays from uni smokig pot 4-5 times a day nearly everyday?
The answer is no. I thought I might dabble in pot for alittle while then stop. I didn't see myself going to raves and dropping pills and I certainly didn't see myself taking drugs like oxycodone or valium in an attempt to stop myself feeling so bad on the comedown.
Although I'm happy where I am in life, I am definately doing more drugs than I invisioned when I was 15, does this make me unhappy? No, but it does suprise me.

:| :| :| any way guys, your probably asleep after that but the questions I ask you all is:
1. When you first started taking drugs did you think that you'd end up taking many different types of substances?
2. Did you think that your attitudes would change on particular drugs?
3. Did you think you'd be so involved in the drug taking culture?
4. And do you have any regrets and wish that you could have gone into this lifestyle with maybe a little more wisdom, maturity or even money;) ?

Thought this would be a good conversation topic and a good retrospective analysis of how your life has gone since taking drugs. It would be particularly interesting to hear from those who have been in the scene for a long time.

1. Yeah, i was always very interested in trying a wide range of drugs. When i first go into weed i looked up drugs on the net found out about pharmies and raided my cupboard willing to take anything i found (found and took panadeine forte). Never really held any fear about drugs apart from speed because i heard it made your teeth fall out, coke because of a history of heart diasease in my family and H.

2. Yeah i could forsee myself getting into drugs other than weed, nitrous and pills (only had plans to try, didn't for a couple of years). Speed was the only drug i was scared of that was available to me but i knew i probably end up trying it i just wasn't rushing to try it or anything.

3. Again yeah, the friends i started smoking with quickly became my main friends and all we did was try and get drugs alcohol, cigs then use them, if weren't doing this we were planning it or talking about the last time we did it. Also i already spent a bit of time at home reading totse (terrible drug info site) and i think erowid (can't really remember).

4. Not really one for regrets, a couple of things that have happened that it would of been nice not to have happened and possibly could of been avoided with greater wisdom and maturity but thats life no point crying over spilt milk.

1. I had wanted to try LSD since I first heard of it at 10. That much I was sure about. Wasn't really interested in anything else until I first tried ecstasy. Now I'm mostly interested in psychedelics but if something is available at a reasonable price and quality, there's not that much I'll say no to.

2. Before I tried ecstasy, I was anti-drugs. Then I tried it and it opened up a whole new world for me. How could something so good be illegal? I suppose I figured out why a few months later when I tried LSD. Freaked the shit out of me, it did. I thought at the time drugs were kept illegal to protect us but then I learnt more about responsible use in general. Now I think it's ok to indulge in the chemicals as long as they're not abused.

3. I also didn't think I'd ever go to a rave, especially when I did. My brother took me to my first rave and I liked that so I went to more after that. Neither of us thought he'd ever score gear off me. I don't deal, it's just the whole sharing is caring thing I'm talking about here.

4. I think I've actually gained wisdom and maturity through my drug use that I wouldn't have otherwise. I do wish I had more money though. Chews through my wallet like anything. Still, I think music is a more expensive passion - I've spent twice as much on gear and records than I have on drugs!

Bloody oath I never thought my drug use would be where it is now, even though I haven't had any forms of MDxx in the last 2 months or any weed in the last 3 weeks.
In my younger days I told myself and others that I'd never touch any sort of substance that would freakishly raise my heart rate and I'd stick to hallucinogens but in the last year and a half that has all changed.
Now I'm not a huge fan of hallucinogens and find LSD, shrooms, peyote etc not to my liking and would rather push a couple of pills and hit the gas anyday.

Thanks for that Sim1, made for some interesting reading.
I knew that this sorta thing had been covered but there are probably alot of people who did not of that link or haven't been into bluelight for that long.
Keep em coming guys

[Edit: Note - I have merged the two threads. BT]

Last edited by a moderator:
1: I was anti drugs until I tried pot at about 14, I liked it, but I was never like 'Whoa' that's awesome. But as time went on I grew to appreciate it more and more, but I was never the kind of person who bought it, my mates who did just shouted me when I was around. Anyway at 17 I tried dexies for the first time, that was when everything changed, and I saw things in a whole new light, I guess the next logical step was MDMA, and that's where I got totally hooked on em, for about 2 years solid I was off my tits. I got into dealing, got busted, and then took an 18 month break, now I'm back onto it, but on very limited occasions.

2: My attitudes have definitely changed towards things like coke and meth which I was always of the opinion that they were really bad and to stay away, however I enjoy the odd 3 day meth binge now then, for some reason I write the most unbelievable shit after 2 days on that stuff, everything from poetry to rap and insights on various topics

3: Prior to being involved in drugs, I never really knew of the drug culture, so I never thought I'd be involved in it, but now it's a pretty large part of my life.

4: I have no regrets, however I have plenty of experiences I'd think twice about. I don't think you can enter the drug culture with anymore wisdom, to me it's kind of a learn as you go thing...

Word fuken up. as soon as they (skool) told me bout acid it intruiged the fuk out of me; 'u can see shit that isn't there' so that was something i wanted to do.

on that same token when i first tried weed i was ashamed at myself so much, and the stoned paranoia made me think i was heded down the wrong track.

On that same token im on benzos RIGHT NOW after havin pipes with my dad. hahaha

1. When you first started taking drugs did you think that you'd end up taking many different types of substances?

I was naïve - I didn't even know what drug use was. I just smoked dope, drank alcohol and had what hippies refer to "my summer of love". I had no negative affects. I loved everything and everything loved me. What more could i want.

2. Did you think that your attitudes would change on particular drugs?

I had no attitudes and drugs were essentially an extension of who I was.

3. Did you think you'd be so involved in the drug taking culture?

I become the drug culture, with my friends and at school. There was no question of it becoming more or less involved since it had already consumed me.

4. And do you have any regrets and wish that you could have gone into this lifestyle with maybe a little more wisdom, maturity or even money ?

I regret that I don't remember the good times with the people I loved.

I regret that my drug use was a form of denial that stopped me from thinking about personal problems and life's traumas. I had been high for practically every day for 4 years (I was 17 at the time I realised this).

Unfortunately it took another 3 years before I reconciled my drug use and learnt to live as a free and healthy individual albeit one who takes drugs to ENJOY one's self, not one that uses it to hide.

I regret that the fact that they (drugs) made me feel so fucking damn good. So high that I touched the sky and went to the stars. Its sad and that such warmth, such love, of being apart of something so increadible can only be reached through such crude and dangerous ways.