Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Drug laws in Croatia

Uncle Robert

Bluelighter
Evening folks,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Croatia and drugs? A quick google search, and once I'd sifted through the infinite pages about Croatia changing some weed laws which I'm not interested in, I found this "Under the Penal Code, unlawful possession without the aim to sell is punishable by up to a year in prison.". Now this seems like quite a steep punishment, plus it would be class A drugs that might be bought over there. I can't seem to find any decent articles on it. I searched through BL and found a post by a Mr Smokes Blunts and he said "I've been to Pula. I'd reccomend you give drugs a break there. The police are complete cunts. You can get pretty serious jail/prison sentences just for carrying personal amounts of weed. Plus the weed is dog shit. Complete waste of time." I will be going to a festival over there so obviously there will be a lot of stuff floating about, which I imagine also means the police will be floating about as well.

tl;dr any words of wisdom regarding drugs in Croatia?

Cheers.

Evening folks,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Croatia and drugs? A quick google search, and once I'd sifted through the infinite pages about Croatia changing some weed laws which I'm not interested in, I found this "Under the Penal Code, unlawful possession without the aim to sell is punishable by up to a year in prison.". Now this seems like quite a steep punishment, plus it would be class A drugs that might be bought over there. I can't seem to find any decent articles on it. I searched through BL and found a post by a Mr Smokes Blunts and he said "I've been to Pula. I'd reccomend you give drugs a break there. The police are complete cunts. You can get pretty serious jail/prison sentences just for carrying personal amounts of weed. Plus the weed is dog shit. Complete waste of time." I will be going to a festival over there so obviously there will be a lot of stuff floating about, which I imagine also means the police will be floating about as well.

tl;dr any words of wisdom regarding drugs in Croatia?

Cheers.

Dimensions. Hideout festival? have a look in the Festival thread, quite a lot of people from croatia, or whove been to them festivals says theres drugs everywhere, how concerned about the law though is up to you.

Went to outlook a few years back on the sunshine bus (hahaha sunshine, the fucker was gray from top to bottom) and there were in the end about 4 or 5 coaches. The only place we got stopped was the Italian border, the first coach (carrying 2 ounces of mandy and 3 ounces of bud) sailed straight through, the rest of us had to wait for 4 hours whilst a dog went through each one of of our bags / up and down the coach. So my advice if your going on the coach is don't take SHIT.

As for Croatia itself, several of my friends ended up getting caught with drugs (big surprise there). Regardless of what they got caught with or how much of it they had the scenario was the same. They got banged up in a cell with about 20 Croatian lads and were made to sweat for a couple of days. Following the couple of days sweating they were told "Get us 600 euros by the end of the week or your in here for good"

Now all my friends did as they were told (Read: rang home in a blind fucking panic to get some dollar) and were released, some in time to catch some of the festival / not miss their flights. A friend of mine back here however told me of one of her friends who didn't have family who could cough up the 600 euros and actually spent 12 months in a Croatian jail.

So the long and short of it is, don't get caught. If you do, make sure you have 600 euros. If you don't make sure someone else does that you can get in contact with. Failing that learn some Croatian and maybe be prepared to have the shit kicked out of you by the bent Croatian coppers.

Went to outlook a few years back on the sunshine bus (hahaha sunshine, the fucker was gray from top to bottom) and there were in the end about 4 or 5 coaches. The only place we got stopped was the Italian border, the first coach (carrying 2 ounces of mandy and 3 ounces of bud) sailed straight through, the rest of us had to wait for 4 hours whilst a dog went through each one of of our bags / up and down the coach. So my advice if your going on the coach is don't take SHIT.

As for Croatia itself, several of my friends ended up getting caught with drugs (big surprise there). Regardless of what they got caught with or how much of it they had the scenario was the same. They got banged up in a cell with about 20 Croatian lads and were made to sweat for a couple of days. Following the couple of days sweating they were told "Get us 600 euros by the end of the week or your in here for good"

Now all my friends did as they were told (Read: rang home in a blind fucking panic to get some dollar) and were released, some in time to catch some of the festival / not miss their flights. A friend of mine back here however told me of one of her friends who didn't have family who could cough up the 600 euros and actually spent 12 months in a Croatian jail.

So the long and short of it is, don't get caught. If you do, make sure you have 600 euros. If you don't make sure someone else does that you can get in contact with. Failing that learn some Croatian and maybe be prepared to have the shit kicked out of you by the bent Croatian coppers.

Shit that sucks, poor girl. Any idea of how they got caught, like were they searched by the police or sniffed out by the dogs? I'll definitely avoid taking some out there which won't be a problem as I'm sure it will be very easy to pick up.

But yeah thanks for the insight I'll make sure to err on the side of caution.

As others have said, don't try and take it there with you. Heard someone from the sunshine bus at outlook say that at the Croatian border the police took everyone who wasn't white off and properly searched all their stuff. Lad I was with got caught with a load of weed coming from dam, paid up 800 euros and that was that, not even sure if he was properly arrested. Still not something you want to be messing around with.

If you're at a festival then yeah straight off there will be loads of drugs, dance festivals like hideout outlook etc are full of them, both Croatian and other nationalities selling. The way most people seemed to be caught (including in front of my very eyes) was by undercovers in the crowd who would see people smoking spliffs or doing bumps and barge over and search them. Friend of a friend at outlook was caught smoking a joint and had the shit kicked out of him by 5 or 6 croat police meatheads (had a bust up face to prove it), but actually claims to have managed to run away. Don't know if this is bollocks (probably) but still worth bearing in mind, they are definitely not like the police here who will often have a bit of a laugh with you for something like weed. The undercovers are relatively easily to spot: massive croatian bodybuilders wearing shitty attempts at 'young person' clothing. You just need to be on your guard, and don't do stupid stuff like be buying stuff in really blatant areas. The campsite at Outlook (and presumably dimensions and perhaps hideout) was a bit more chilled, didnt really see any police around there: just loads of security who are mainly there to keep the croatian thieves and rapists out (outlook 2011...).

Basically, be careful, and only buy stuff off people who others seem to be buying off. And don't really obviously smoke weed- most people are fine doing it, but that seems to be the way a lot of people got caught out.

Cheers man really good advice, will look out for ripped guys wearing snapbacks lol

dont know about the laws really but scoring anything during off season at any beach resort seemed futile... though i didnt really try that hard

1st rule if you get busted in a country with dodgy police is to bribe the first person that arrests you - offer £50 or so and see if they accept it- be cool about it i.e. have it in your passport , the longer it goes on i.e. if you end up at thye nick it waill get progressively more expensive.

Do not get caught. I have croatian friends who have been in prison, and they are awful and full of white supremacist gangs! Not a highly recommended experience.