View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

drug induced derealization, anxiety, panic recovery

kai.ul

Greenlighter
Hello, I had done acid multiple times in the past two years with no problems and very few bad moments. However, 8 months ago I had a bad trip and it was followed by slight derealization and depression but I healed relatively quick and it wasn't intense. I did acid 3 months ago and had a bad trip that made me feel anxious about a week after. I can't describe it, I couldn't be in a room for too long or look in the mirror too long. Time began to freak me out, I was irrationally worried about time and getting old. As weeks went on the next month was absolutely hellish. I couldn't be left alone for too long. I needed constant smoke breaks (cigarettes) just to not lose sanity. I couldn't sleep I was taking benedryl every night just to fall asleep. I couldn't listen to music, or be happy in any way, I was in constant fear. In the last month this condition has drastically gotten better, I can watch movies alone, laugh, do my homework. I began excercising daily, keeping myself around friends, not letting my grades slip, meditating, and journaling when I am in a good mood and Im happy. sometimes I do experience a loss of personality for hours at a time due to anxiety which shuts me off, its nothing that is intolerable or lasts more than a few hours. Im still not as passionate as I was before, or sexually active as before. I was just wondering if I am on a good track to recovery. Thanks!