• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drug addict mother April Corcoran jailed for trading daughter for drugs

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
A DRUG-addicted mother has been sentenced to 51 years to life behind bars for trading her 11-year-old daughter for sex to feed her heroin habit.

“I can honestly say that, in three-and-a-half years on the bench, this is by far the worst thing that has come before this court,” Judge Leslie Ghiz of Ohio’s Hamilton County Pleas Court said.

April Corcoran, 32, pleaded guilty to raising money to feed her heroin addiction by pimping out her 11-year-old daughter to her drug dealer, Shandell Willingham, reported the Cincinnati Enquirer.

With Corcoran’s blessing, 40-year-old Willingham raped, sodomised and forced the child to perform oral sex, sometimes videotaping the abuse, according to the indictment against Corcoran.

96491e07f653b4968d00a18d45b069b2

Corcoran pleaded guilty to multiple counts of complicity to rape, human trafficking and child endangerment.

Judge Ghiz said Corcoran showed no mercy and that she has never apologised to her daughter.

“I don’t know that you grasp the damage that has been done to this poor child.”

Because Willingham preferred children younger than 11, prosecutors said Corcoran dressed her daughter up to look younger than she was, reported WLWT TV.

“Little did we know, I guess, her drug dealer had a propensity to film little kids when they are performing sexual acts on him,” Assistant Hamilton County Prosecutor Katie Pridemore said at the time of the plea.

“She didn’t have the means or the cash to buy her heroin anymore from her drug dealer,” said Pridemore. “So she offered up her child in return.”

After her daughter was brutalised Corcoran would give her heroin as a “reward”.

“Sometimes this defendant would give a little bit of heroin to her daughter,” Pridemore told the court. “The daughter didn’t want it but she said, ‘you’re a good girl. You did the right thing.’”

bc167f0a5b28812e3c317dbb41640cd2

The girl vomited each time and this happened four times between February and June 2014.

Now 13 the girl is living out of state with her father and stepmother. She is taking medication, has had suicidal thoughts and is undergoing medical care, judge Ghiz said as reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer. There’s doubt she will be able to cope.

“I saw my granddaughter. I heard her small voice,” the girl’s grandmother said in court. “It was horrific. How could she (Corcoran) do this? I don’t know if my granddaughter is going to be able to have a normal life.”

In June 2014 authorities first learned of the case when the girl moved in with her father, who reported it.

The alleged dealer, Shandell Willingham, was also charged and is awaiting a hearing.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...e/news-story/767a9ec6591cb4d9c75a02d5011d14d9

Well this is the why the war on drugs exists because sick fucks like this do silly shit like this.

Such a sad and horrible story. How could a mother do that to her own young kid? Poor kid. I hope that man faces some prison justice as well. 2 very sick and disgusting POS's.

I wish offenders of such horrific crimes here were given sentences of 50 + years. The rapists, the pedos, the murderers etc. None of this 25 to 35 year bull shit.

This makes me angry and confused.
How could a person stoop so low?

Lack of education, control and a heroin addiction. Am surprised how she didn't consider selling her own ass before offloading her daughter.

This is truly horrifying. There must have been people in the daughter and mother's life that had to have known what was going on. This didn't happen in a vacuum. I'm sure there were people that she used with that had to have known...purely speculation, but the girl had to have told someone.

Lack of education, control and a heroin addiction. Am surprised how she didn't consider selling her own ass before offloading her daughter.

Lack of education makes you pimp out your 11 year old daughter? That seems absurd. Either way, if there is a hell there's a special place reserved for these 2 animals. It's cases like this that make me think that torture should be brought back. Fuck a lengthy prison stay, bring out the blowtorch, drill and pliers.

I know murder is wrong but this woman doesn't deserve to be fed with tax payer money, even though she will spend the majority of her life behind bars. Her daughter has a very long road ahead of her and I sincerely hope she finds the strength to heal and be able to form healthy relationships and live a happy life. This woman literally let a human being be destroyed just so she could avoid being dopesick. There is absolutely no excuse for that, I've been there and absolutely no one deserves to have to pay in any way just so a person can get high.

What the heck is wrong with this mother? What the hell is wrong with this grown ass man?!? I have never understood how any man could even be attracted to any girl under the age of 18. Especially an 11 year old! Seriously this mother should've gone to the clinic and got some mdone or subs, your addiction is your own problem to deal with not your 11 year old childs problem. THis shit is so sick I am getting too mad. They really shouldn't even be reporting this to the media b/c now this little girl is going to grow up and read all these articles about what her mother did to her and it will make her feel even worse that the entire world can read what happened to her when she was just a little kid.

I don't even know what to say. Like how does that conversation even happen? It's really unbelievable. Only consolation is the rough life she us going to have locked up. Lots of mothers in a women's prison and I hear child molesters aren't well liked in men's prison either.

This is so disturbing to read. That woman could have chosen a different way to fund her habit or tried to get some help for her addiction. I imagine the other prisoners won't look kindly at this either. I don't wish bad upon people, but in this case I hope they keep her in general population. :(

Because Willingham preferred children younger than 11, prosecutors said Corcoran dressed her daughter up to look younger than she was, reported WLWT TV.

Just when you thought the story couldn't get any more sick they throw charming little details like that in there :(

If this were true the south would have an eleven year old on every corner. I kid, but education down here is not acceptable. Not enough funding, and legislation that benefits charter schools but not public schools.

If this were true the south would have an eleven year old on every corner. I kid, but education down here is not acceptable. Not enough funding, and legislation that benefits charter schools but not public schools.
Education is a freaking joke down here. My high school science books had disclaimers about evolution only being a theory. Funny it didn't include the same disclaimer about gravity.

Its no excuse for this though. Never once in college did they say not to pimp out my kids for heroin.

Even if all three of those factors exist, you still have to be seriously mentally disturbed to even consider something like that.

Such a sad and horrible story. How could a mother do that to her own young kid? Poor kid. I hope that man faces some prison justice as well. 2 very sick and disgusting POS's.

I wish offenders of such horrific crimes here were given sentences of 50 + years. The rapists, the pedos, the murderers etc. None of this 25 to 35 year bull shit.

Yeah, 50+ years of solitary confinement. Or just throw them in gen. pop and make sure everyone knows what they did. Then look the other way when the other take it to 'em. Also, first they should be castrated. I know I'm getting a little extreme, but these sick fucks deserve to fucking suffer.

damaging children in any way is what creates these kinds of people in the future. I am a rare case. I grew up in a very verbally and emotionally abusive household that I escaped at age sixteen. I chose to go the opposite direction and not continue the cycle though with my ex I noticed there was a lot of my dad's mocking and tone, and I would yell...I realized that I was becoming what had caused me so much pain and I worked on it. I choose compassion and care now.

I am not in any way trying to excuse these two's behavior, but in order to have the belief structure that this type of behavior is acceptable one may have had to experience it themselves. Growing up in a nurturing environment in which you are taught that this is wrong would have really helped these people.

The fact I was able to defeat those behaviors in myself is testament to the fact these two could have at any point stopped themselves and questioned what exactly they were doing. Throw the book at them and the wage they created is what they deserve. That being said I truly hope this girl gets the therapy and love that I required to break the stone around my heart and teach me the right path. It will be a hard road for her, but it is not impossible...

she and he did not make their decisions from the same base of cognition that the average person experiences and utilizes. humans want good. such a major deviation evidences severe mental illness. the "bad guy" concept is storybook.