• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drinking without wanting coke

inaspiral

Greenlighter
Sorry all, I am new tonight but ghosted for about 12 months.
Alcohol and coke seem to go hand in hand (I am familiar with the production and effects of cocoa ethanol).
My question is after a year or so of the two being best friends, how does one go on a night out with clean friends and not crave the gear? Is it habit? Is it gradually weaning off? What about drinking at home?
Someone I am concerned about now associates the buzz of alcohol with a line.
Starting to impact on general life, I.e, if she has more than 4 units, even at home, things start to get messy. Struggles to go to work, mental health problems get worse etc.
Easy thing is just stop drinking but it REALLY is not as simple as it sounds.
She's been to support groups but is slipping back in to bad habits.

I personally even to this day still crave cocaine if I drink. I've been off of cocaine for 5-6 years now. I had to quit drinking to quit doing Coke. Crazy thing is this. I have two phone numbers permanently etched in to my brain. The first is my childhood phone number and the second is that of my cocaine dealer. Horrible addiction, hope she gets away from it.

its just an intrusive thought, it never really goes away, but the longer you go without giving in the easier it gets to ignore.
coke and alcohol are a really toxic combo for your body too.

Thank you for your replies. I have had a better couple of months. Tonight having a slip. How do I stop when I actually don't want to? I'm thinking it's like smoking, if I don't want to give up in my heart then I won't. Any experience with like minded but much loved boyfriend/girlfriend, etc? Xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
How does one quit gear when still have a love hate relationship with it?
just don't do it, take some vitamins & caffeine to help w/ possible lethargy or depression. Perhaps stop drinking, and replace it with something like weed or kratom if you need something to do to pass the time or party or whatever

kicking stims is tough, but if you can find a way to keep them out of yr mind it's a piece of cake

I've been addicted to benzos, dope, and crack pretty severely and the cravings for cocaine are the most insidious of all.

I haven't stopped any of them successfully so my advice probably isn't worth so much here but if you can't not do coke after drinking and coke is damaging your life then the alcohol is just as much of a negative force.

Best I can suggest like morressey is just don't do coke and you will eventually stop having such intense thoughts.

I think you are absolutely right that you won't stop until you really want to. Sometimes I think the only way to stop after a certain point of addiction is to keep destroying your life until you're motivated to stop but that sounds like a lame excuse my mind has made up to keep me hooked after all this time.

When I started doing coke, I REALLY had trouble drinking without it because I was trying to approximate the euphoria just with ETOH, so I'd pound drinks, end up blacking out and fucking miserable. For me, once I felt the rush of the two... there was no point in just drinking. Leading to, whenever I tried to drink, getting very drunk and then asking anyone for coke with little concern for consequneces. I've been damn lucky.

Hi
I have been using coke for 13 years nearly
I was 27 when I first started and am 40 now
I have had brief spells (4-5 months) when I was able to quit using that crap.
During this time I could enjoy a beer or 2 with friends without having the constant monkey in my brain wanting to score Charlie at every cost.
It?s gotten to the point where I can?t even have a beer without going bonkers and leaving my house to go look for that shit
Do you really think there s no other way then quitting completely the sauce?
It?s harder then I thot also my social circle is 0 drugs but all drinkers
Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Sorry all, I am new tonight but ghosted for about 12 months.
Alcohol and coke seem to go hand in hand (I am familiar with the production and effects of cocoa ethanol).
My question is after a year or so of the two being best friends, how does one go on a night out with clean friends and not crave the gear? Is it habit? Is it gradually weaning off? What about drinking at home?
Someone I am concerned about now associates the buzz of alcohol with a line.
Starting to impact on general life, I.e, if she has more than 4 units, even at home, things start to get messy. Struggles to go to work, mental health problems get worse etc.
Easy thing is just stop drinking but it REALLY is not as simple as it sounds.
She's been to support groups but is slipping back in to bad habits.

Coke and booze really do go hand in hand. My best advice would be to stay away from other coke users. I will very rarely do coke alone. Its no fun. So if I stay away from other users, the desire lessens. The longer you go the easier it gets.

The only parallel i can draw to my own experience is my craving for cigaretes while having a drink. I would smoke a pack in a night compared to only having a 3-5 per day normally. Once i stopped smoking the urge slowly faded and has almost completely vanished now.

It?s harder to resist temptation while intoxicated and if even a little alcohol is a trigger for you it might be best to just say no to drinks for a while. Either that or maybe try slowly working up to being able to handle alcohol, just take a taste of your friends drink instead of having a full one and see how that strikes you.