• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Drinking schedule to avoid bad withdrawl.

It was all downhill once my breakfast became a couple of ice beers. I didn't want to go to class hungover in college: one big problem; go to bed at 3am or so and get up at 8am, but I probably had around 10 or so drinks in me and alcohol doesn't metabolize when you sleep. So I would be drunk and not realize it and come home at 1-4 pm and start drinking.
So I constantly had booze in my system. Then the shakes started and about the Sametime withdrawals if I ran out. This was even before I was 21; Then I had to get an older friend to buy me some. They carded everyone; even my buddies dad who was in his 50's. This was after I turned 21 and my friends dad visited and took us out drinking.
They carded him; he looked his age, but this type of draconian booze control did nothing but inconvenience me and the other under age drunks. I got withdrawals alot in my 20's and 30's. They would last up to 5 days. I was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver just before my 40th birthday. They said I had a year to live without a transplant. To get on the list I would have to drive to Detroit everyday for 6 months, piss test me before they could put me on the donor list. I said it is not worth the trouble, and here I am years later. Those bastards lied to me.

I'm fairly ignorant on this subject but couldn't you just take a lot of GABA to soften the blow?

Hey guys, I wanna know from any active or recovering alcoholics. How often do I need to take a break frim drinking to avoid potentially fatal withdrawal symptoms?

Currently I can make it to the 36 hour mark with just some discomfort. I just don't want to get to a place where if I do decide to stop I can go into DTs. I'm really scared of that because a family member died from it.

So if I drink for three nights in a row, take a day off? Like what's the combination of days off and on to still drink as much as I want, but avoid becoming so addicted that it's risky to quit if I want to?
You can get alcohol withdrawals from mouthwash or using hand sanitizer.

Don’t drink more than two days in a row. Then take a day or two off, 3 days in a row is pushing it but oh well at that point you’ll probably start sipping a beer all day long. And then you just get drunk at night or in the evening if you want too.

Withdrawals aren’t as bad as I thought they were I just had diabetes and malaria and drinking alcohol lowered my food consumption and blood sugar and I drank less soda or juice.

I kept thinking diabetes caused visual hallucinations but it was from malaria. Malaria was everywhere and drinking helped.

But with alcohol you just mix a strong mixed drink like 2 to 4 shots worth of rum or vodka into a 20 oz Mountain Dew and then you just take a small sip but large enough to take the withdrawals away every hour or two and again you just get drunk later in the evening or night unless you like Or the withdrawals set in. The hang over from drinking alcohol is alcohol withdrawals.

Amino acids like arginine (found in peanut butter) citrulline and agmatine breakdown liver enzymes that cause a tolerance to build and make you experience withdrawals and increase your dosage of drugs, alcohol, or that increase insulin resistance. But we liked being alcoholics, it became where you had to buy booze by barrels to be alcoholics unless you like going to gay party stores that fake name brand tobacco products and grocery stores. Or places that counterfeit Doritos snd candy and sodas and copyright infringe on bags and labels, if you buy more than one like candy bar they will raise prices to try and rob you because they’re all poor Spicks that originally all bought crack cocaine until we thought it was going legal and then they’d sell it in the party store but it sells so fast it’d be cheaper outside of it or it’d never make it into the store.

That’s actually where we were at drug legalization wise, they sold blunt wraps commonly used for pot. Pot was legal to everyone as it was, it was party stores where all the money went in the neighborhood back in the earlier 2000s. Selling or growing pot was an easy way to get small amounts of cash but the blunt wrap wasn’t cheap at a dollar for one, and it was food and soda that everyone wanted there.

Oh dear. I drank a bottle of wine yesterday and even though I drank it slowly, ate well and then drank 2l of non-alcoholic fluids afterwards, I woke at 4AM feeling just AWFUL.

I've realized that I can only drink 1 pint of beer or one glass of wine without getting a massive hangover.

I don't quite know why. On one hand it's good because alcohol is an expense, but it's tough at Christmas, especially in the UK where almost 100% of adults WILL overindulge over Christmas. My son wants to go out for an evening and I foresee myself sticking to lemonade. A bit of a pain when pubs now charge £4 for a pint of lemonade...

Oh dear. I drank a bottle of wine yesterday and even though I drank it slowly, ate well and then drank 2l of non-alcoholic fluids afterwards, I woke at 4AM feeling just AWFUL.

I've realized that I can only drink 1 pint of beer or one glass of wine without getting a massive hangover.

I don't quite know why. On one hand it's good because alcohol is an expense, but it's tough at Christmas, especially in the UK where almost 100% of adults WILL overindulge over Christmas. My son wants to go out for an evening and I foresee myself sticking to lemonade. A bit of a pain when pubs now charge £4 for a pint of lemonade...
Yea I also feel like absolute shit after even just two drinks these days. It fucks with my sleep so much, but that's a good thing as it keeps Mr away from getting the habit again

alcohol doesn't metabolize when you sleep.

As far as I'm aware your liver keeps working whether you're awake or not, some metabolic processes may change with sleep but it doesn't stop

It is true that if you put in physical exercise after drinking alcohol, it will be metabolized more quickly but few people drink alcohol and go for a long walk afterwards. Well, a short walk home MAY turn into a long walk depending on how pissed you get, but rehydration and such don't appear to help.

It does affect sleep patterns, it is best not to drink near bed time. According to several sources it throws you body's sleep patterns off. Something about circadian rhythms and no or less deep sleep

Early evening is the best time to drink( moderaly.) It messes with REM sleep(deep sleep. Also melatonin production

Once again sorry for bad info, doctors can be wrong. I am living proof of that, they said I would be dead 7 years ago without a liver transplant and I still drank some until my liver stop metabolizing alcohol and I became allergic to it. I have cirrhosis.

It is true that if you put in physical exercise after drinking alcohol, it will be metabolized more quickly but few people drink alcohol and go for a long walk afterwards. Well, a short walk home MAY turn into a long walk depending on how pissed you get, but rehydration and such don't appear to help.
I used to get really hammered when I drank, and blackout walking home, legal troubles would occasionally happen. I guess WUI, walking under the influence.

Alcohol seems to be more expensive in the UK at bars or pubs than here

I can't drink anymore Don't know if it's an age thing but i get drunk very quickly black out and sick for 2 days

I can't drink anymore Don't know if it's an age thing but i get drunk very quickly black out and sick for 2 days
That is a really bad sign. That is the how it was for me before I turned into a "raging alcoholic".
Start drinking in the morning to get unsick(sorry for poor grammer) and then it will really kick in. If I drank hard for a couple of days, then without more alcohol or benzos, up to 5 days sick and no eating and in some cases any fluids would not stay down.
The older I got the worse it was. If I could drink now, and binged like I use too, I would probably die: without benzos, more booze or being hospitalized.

Yeah, anymore I am personally much happier with how I feel when drinking no more than one beer. Hangovers suck. Might be an age thing. But it is really hard from a social standpoint not to drink when around a bunch of drinkers. Nothing like nursing a lemonade at the pub to feel like an outsider. Here in the US, they have been coming out with non-alcoholic IPAs and such that supposedly are not too bad tasting. I haven't tried them yet. One thing I discovered in the Alps that I liked was a radler, half pilsner and half lemonade, so only about 2.5% alcohol and more thirst quenching. I haven't found a US bar that mixes them, though.

Wow, I don't know current echange rate, but that's over 5 dollars.(American)
I haven't drank in a bar in a long time, but here many places would give free soft drinks to the designated driver.

Hey guys, I wanna know from any active or recovering alcoholics. How often do I need to take a break frim drinking to avoid potentially fatal withdrawal symptoms?

Currently I can make it to the 36 hour mark with just some discomfort. I just don't want to get to a place where if I do decide to stop I can go into DTs. I'm really scared of that because a family member died from it.

So if I drink for three nights in a row, take a day off? Like what's the combination of days off and on to still drink as much as I want, but avoid becoming so addicted that it's risky to quit if I want to?

No definitely do NOT take a full day off. Generally it's safest to cut down by either 1 unit per day or 3 units once per week. You have to do it sloowwwlly.
I've had many grand mal seizures from trying to cut down to rapidly. I've also seized within 12 hours of my last drink (hence why a full day off is a very bad idea). Just from tapering down too fast I also had a 6 minute seizure (luckily I was in the ER waiting to be seen after already having had a seizure) that was so violent I broke 6 ribs, fractured my wrist, dislocated my shoulder and cracked open my orbital socked. I also have brain damage from it due to hypoxia since you don't breath while having a seizure.
Also, my soulmate died of alcohol withdrawal.
This shit is extremely serious, PLEASE be very careful!

IKD if they "do" units of alcohol where you are but for example, a standard 25ml shot of liquor is 1 unit, an average pint of beer is 2.5, a bottle of wine is about 11...it's easy to look it up online.