• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Drinking schedule to avoid bad withdrawl.

I've drank a lot on and off during different periods of my life. I've gotten withdrawal a couple of times. Twice for sure but not that bad. When I was on methadone I did drink almost 24-7 for a bit. After a binge I would throw up for a day or 2 and I even got slight audio hallucinations and night terrors for a couple of nights.
Right, now do that for 10 years instead of going back drugs. That's kindling and alcoholism.

Right, now do that for 10 years instead of going back drugs. That's kindling and alcoholism.
Ok.... I feel somewhat better about my situation thanks. I just need to remain strong and not let myself have anymore than 2 drinks a day and try to take more breaks. I've been splitting up the 2 drinks. I've been doing one around 2 or 3pm and the other I have after laying in bed for hours without sleep in sight. That one is usually about 1-3am.

When I feel better I'm done. I really can't stand anymore than a couple of drinks now anyways because after the first 2 it's all shit.

I know it's not what you want to hear. Someone who cares enough about their Alcohol to figure out how it can be fit into their life in this way is almost always an indication that you will eventually become Alcoholic or stop drinking. It is very rare for someone who loves to drink to be able to stick to any kind of schedule with surety. What you're describing is one of the "stages of addiction" we'll call it. This stage is gonna be called the "bargaining" stage, as we all love our drug so much we begin to bargain everything we love to protect it until we have nothing left to bargain with. This is just how it works. You will likely either progress through the stages of Alcoholism or stop drinking. We can discuss withdrawal and Delirium Tremens an all of that in the short-term, but you need to know that this problem will not go away.

It's very difficult to say what schedule is most effective as DT's are actually a notoriously unpredictable thing. If you're able to go 36 hours without any Alcohol with only mild discomfort, I'm fairly certain that you're not the type of drinker in danger of experiencing DT's. You're probably aware, but DT's are not synonymous with Alcohol Withdrawal. Alcohol withdrawal can be quite painful, yes, but Delirium Tremens is taking that to the next level with extreme, nightmarish hallucinations and your entire body going completely off the rails. I believe something like 30% of people who actually go into DT will die even with treatment.

The only good advice here is to really be honest with yourself and consider what Alcohol means for you and your life. There are other ways of feeling good. It can seem like really distant, alien idea, but it's possible. It's difficult to see when you're still in the midst of your habit. Good luck and let us know if there's anything else we can do.
You always got top notch advice. 💯
Respect brother!

Have you looked into Gabapentin for help with coming off booze? I've read it can help some people a lot.

Have you looked into Gabapentin for help with coming off booze? I've read it can help some people a lot.
If your talking to me I can't take gabapentin because now I get wd symptoms from it worse than my current booze level. If I get booze wds at all. I'm leaning more towards agitating late stage or PAWS mdone wds.

So I take it you were in it before then? Unless you're implying that taking it in general makes booze withdrawals worse, I wouldn't think so unless you took a large amount for awhile.

The OP spoke of getting DT's. There is a difference between being addicted to alcohol and severely addicted to the point of getting DT's.
There are different levels of non-severe addiction as well. The person who has a couple/few drinks a night is addicted, but if that is the level they stay at forever, they are a completely different animal.
Can't say any of it is a good thing, but harm reduction = honesty to maintain credibility.
My ladyfriend's daughter is an alcoholic. She drinks most nights, gets drunk often, people know it in her, don't approve, it's affecting her life and relationships negatively. She will die sooner. However, that is nothing like my lady's brother who got out of work mandated detox, went home and drank himself to death in 6 months.

Last edited:
Could one ever get to the point where they were drinking 1-2 drinks a day and not get wds.

You're mostly getting bad information. One or two drinks a day is good for you, you wouldn't WANT to stop.

H3953-L197346377_original.jpg

^ That's what I say about smoking charcoal-filtered ciggarettes......don't reckon I'm right though. ;)

Could one ever get to the point where they were drinking 1-2 drinks a day and not get wds. Let me explain. I started drinking heavy at the tail end of methadone then for a couple of weeks in the wds. Now I'm down to 1-2 standard drinks a day. With some days without and a couple of 6 or so drink nights that are getting further and further between. 70days after methadone and I still feel kinda shit and can't sleep at all. I don't know if I'm having alcohol wds or residual methadone BS. I don't know if I could be kindled

I was just curious, if I stayed at this level could I eventually walk off with no wds? I'm honestly starting to get where I have no desire to drink more than 2-3 drinks because after 2 it starts to feel gross.

This is a difficult question to answer accurately. We know about the Kindling Effect and the essential pathology of the whole thing. We don't have enough information or research to tackle these more nuanced questions. We can still try.

If you want my personal opinion based on my own experience, it's likely that consuming even small amounts of Alcohol could lead to a low-grade, chronic withdrawal syndrome. I think you would feel radically better if you stopped taking in any Alcohol whatsoever. As stated earlier in the thread, I have a history of Alcohol dependence myself and what you're describing jives with what I've seen and experienced.

I would really try not drinking at all. I bet it will work well.

Yeah, not sure what some people are on about, two beers a day is good for you. Ask your doctor.

Stopped drinking alcogol - £150/month saved.
Got free acid (long gone) and free weed (just finishing last).
What I NEED is my oxycodne and my home was burgelled. A 10mg for the next 24 hous...

So I am making U-39351 which is x23 M and lasts 6 hours, For my own pain, I NEED the damned stuff.

While the N-2(2-furanethyl)-omolohe of namexone, that's too too much

My logic is make it possible to eyeball buy 20mg will be 46xm and I need that much every 6 hours...

Hi - I'm in Peterborough but it can be a bit rough.

Lucky I found a second witness to first burglery and physical evidence (prints, DNA and so on) for the second.

Of course the NHS gives it all back but it's still a pain.
But now I am considering making my own 1g batches of U[53591 which is very safe and x23M. Obviously

have nalmefene on hand,

It's funny thay my x23 compound is more complecx to make than my 28000x compound.... but I couldn't live it harded people.

As stated above, unless you start drinking as soon as you wake up, you won't develop a severe dependence. Alcohol has a half life of only about 45 minutes, you really need to drinking 24/7 only stopping to sleep.

If you can go 36 hours with only mild discomfort and/or you can sleep on the first night, these are very minor withdrawals or none at all. The discomfort may just be the damage alcohol is doing to your body and not withdrawal.

Severe alcohol withdrawals are far worse than heroin and benzos.

Yet, DO NOT take this as advice to keep drinking without fear. After drinking for 10 years I have brain, heart and liver damage. I'm only 34 and it's literally killing me.

Also, DTs are very uncommon. Only about 5% of alcoholics will ever experience it. Hallucinations are common, but not the delirium.

As an alcoholic myself, please do yourself a favor and don't start. Worst thing I've ever been addicted to. It puts a heroin habit to shame in terms of overall damage and life destructiveness.
While I wouldn’t call it a “severe” dependence, I’m 100% dependent on alcohol unless I take something else(namely, Kratom) to help with the shakes for the first few hours after waking up.

Starting drinking to quit my opiate dependence roughly 8 years ago, but also started drinking heavily while on opiates 2 years prior to that. I know most addicts say this, but it’s a miracle I survived that period.

I’ve never drank from the time I wake up, I’ve always been a night drinker. That might be the issue tbh, I stay up wayy too late most nights drinking to the point I probably have enough left in my system to get me through part of my work day. Started taking Kratom a few years back, at first because it sounded good but it didn’t do much for me in the form of euphoria or anything but did notice it made me less irritable and shaky during the day. I’ve been taking 2-3g a day for 3, maybe 4 years now. All in one dose usually, rarely ever re dose as I start drinking usually the minute I get out of work. Pretty much the only time I can get by without drinking at least a few beers/shots is if I’m on another substance(gabapentin, opiates, weed edibles) but I also can’t sleep those nights and usually do end up slugging a few drinks before work just to feel rightish. Literally the only time I drink in the mornings, though.

Tbh I tried like hell to start a bigger Kratom habit, but couldn’t find a way to get the powder down at all and also can’t swallow more than a few of those massive capsules, probably a good thing. Recently decided to kick those and cut down on my drinking by doing suboxone which(probably obvious to most) was a pretty fucking dumb idea. I’m about a week in, started at about a .5mg and worked my way up to 2mg in a complete fuck up ass-backwards use of subs and didn’t take any today and while they weren’t major was definitely feeling WD symptoms. Decided to get drunk af tonight to deal with that but still feel really off and have the shits

AA makes people co-dependent and need others.

Which is why I didn't suggest that the OP actually join AA.

But they recognise that after long-term chronic use, you can't just stop. So they have a guide to get people down to under 8 UK units of alcohol. Below that almost everyone can just stop.

Yes, stick to beer. Easier to manage and a little easier on the body. Also more satisfying. I've never liked liqour anyways. Just buy higher abv beer if you want to get drunk quicker.

Also just a tip from my experience, if you drink nightly then suddenly switch to day drinking as well, you will develop withdrawals VERY quickly. Like in a day or two. Once you start waking up in withdrawal (compared to just a hangover) you will spiral very quickly.

So do yourself a big favor and never day drink. NEVER drink to cure a hangover.
OK any tips? Because I've been doing the day and night thing over the past few weeks. I decided to take a break for health reasons after getting really wasted a couple days ago. So obviously I wse hung over the morning after, big deal. Was sick a couple times and then felt ok. Felt totally fine for the rest of the day yesterday, so thought I had dodged any physical dependency. But this morning, which is start of day 2 of no alcohol, I got sick again and also had a bout of the shits. I feel jittery and generally anxious and nauseous.

I've never had this before in all my years of drinking. Should I be worried or what?

Downing 0.7 40 % everyday,, spread out had me severely addicted.

To bad DT appear's three days into the withdrawal and lasts for two to three days. which seems very unlogical. But I did consume that ( at my peak) before my detox. Had a promilage of 1.4 when I arrived. The first day started with sweating and 20 mg Diazepam (total 20 x 20 x 40 mg), way to much ime as I fell asleeep right after.

Day 1: They checked on me every 2 hour probably safety and /or because my previous Epileptic insults (3).

Btw benzo's only cover the GABA-a part of WD's so it was hell. Since then I drink on occassion and never hard liquor.

@AlsoTapered agreed AA or NA is a bunch of crap almost like an sekt. When in shit suddenly they are unreachable. While during the session's you exchange nr's give each other hugs. Weird shit.

Last edited:
It's all up to your resources AA won't help as they think, in my group, you can just stop drinking when your body is dependant. So first you'll have to safely detox.

I tried the medical Detox and it was a joke. But they hand out at least Benzo's to prevent the worst. Depending on your situation, willpower and acces to Benzo's this can be done at home. My dr. refused so I would use RC's. Follow the Ashton manual for tapering them. The sooner the better, or you'll have traded addiction's.

And during yourrecovery find out what it was that made you drink. Imo its not a disease or genetic's its mostly a symptom not the cause. At least in my case. And start working on that. Did you use it to cover some unhappiness?