View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dried Peruvian torch chips preperation

pennypepper

Greenlighter
I've search several forums and resources and I'm still not sure about this.

Some people have been saying that they should be boiled for at least five hours (with some optional lemon juice) to extract the mescaline.

Others have said you can just crush them into a powder and add some hot water - basically make tea, and dilute it with orange juice or milkshake to mask the taste.

Since, according to several experiences I've read, boiling it for hours doesn't yield a higher amount of mescaline, what's the point?

Try boiling them for 30 minutes and then taking a sip. A lot of people take their first sip, retch, then throw the rest in the bin.

It will save you wasting 5 hours and stinking your house out.

Adding orange juice to mask the taste doesn't work. It's like saying putting ketchup on dogshit masks the taste. It doesn't really.

Try boiling them for 30 minutes and then taking a sip. A lot of people take their first sip, retch, then throw the rest in the bin.

It will save you wasting 5 hours and stinking your house out.

Adding orange juice to mask the taste doesn't work. It's like saying putting ketchup on dogshit masks the taste. It doesn't really.

So are you saying that 30 minutes of boiling is sufficient, and that simmering for 5 hours isn't necessary?

Also by dilute I meant half a glass of each. If you use milkshake and drink it with a straw it's much easier. You can have two pint-glasses in a space of 15 minutes without gagging once, I hear, so I'm not concerned about the taste. Maybe the guys who I've spoken to don't have a strong sense of taste...

So are you saying that 30 minutes of boiling is sufficient, and that simmering for 5 hours isn't necessary?

Also by dilute I meant half a glass of each. If you use milkshake and drink it with a straw it's much easier. You can have two pint-glasses in a space of 15 minutes without gagging once, I hear, so I'm not concerned about the taste. Maybe the guys who I've spoken to don't have a strong sense of taste...

no, he's saying in a coy/facetious way that you should give it up if you're worried about the taste because it will taste like shit no matter what you do to it

from my own experience, this is really pretty true. I actually found eating the cactus raw to be more palatable than the tea because the consistency isnt nearly so horrifying.

basically, it comes down to whether or not you can stomach it. you can't do much to make it bearable.

if you're going to powder it, i'd just suggest capping it. you'll still get nausous but you won't instantly wretch from the taste and will probably be able to hold it in long enough to get the effects.

i just chew them up and swallow with water, usually takes over 30mins but well worth it, beats a mcdonalds anytime.

powder sounds a good idea if you got the right utensils

no, he's saying in a coy/facetious way that you should give it up if you're worried about the taste because it will taste like shit no matter what you do to it

from my own experience, this is really pretty true. I actually found eating the cactus raw to be more palatable than the tea because the consistency isnt nearly so horrifying.

basically, it comes down to whether or not you can stomach it. you can't do much to make it bearable.

Oh right. Just to clear things up, I'm not concerned with the taste. I've drank some before, definitely manageable.

I'm asking about the actual preparation: is simmering for hours necessary dried chips, or will powdering them and swallowing the powder with some juice work?

i just chew them up and swallow with water, usually takes over 30mins but well worth it, beats a mcdonalds anytime.

I find a knife works, takes a while though, but it's definitely worth it if the only other option is chewing.

No need for heat, that is why the capsules work just fine.

last time i tired this i puked it all up.... was unable to hold it down, and i have a pretty strong stomach.....

what do you have at your disposal? try an a/b extract. if you have nothing to do that with, then boil/strain repeat til the water doesnt change color, combine liquids, boil down then do whatever the fuck you want with it. you know how every food you can hold your breath and not taste it? not this time.

edit: usually acidic water isnt neccessary with every boil. some prefer to use acidic water the 3rd boil. less acidicity will help with the horrid taste.

Psychedelics teach us that Mcdonalds is crapola, i'd rather live off of cactus or fungus had it any nutrients besides hallucinogenic enlightenment.

I've always just blasted up the dried cactus skins in a coffee grinder until powdered then capsule them up in gel caps and eat 20-60 of them as such. works just fine but don;t go for a walk or anything until you've purged... oi

I've always read that 30-45 mins of heat was sufficient - not quite boiling by the way, just close to boiling.

Just eating the capsules with the dried powder is a terrifying prospect. When you drop dry pedro into water it expands to 3-4 times it's original volume and exudes all this black/green snot. Imagine that happening in your stomach and then consider how sick you are going to be. I was sick for around 48 hours when I tried it that way. And I couldn't even swallow enough to trip either.

the shop I bought mine att suggested powdering the cactus, and then adding lemon juice until the powder is of a consistency that you can roll it into pill sized balls that can be swallowed down with a glass of water....The lemon juice is suppose to help break down the cactus, and make the alkaloids a little bit more bioavailable. I've never tried this myself, just something that I've heard....seems like it would work pretty well though !

ohhh, and I've heard that for any kind of plant matter, if you get it wet (with the lemon juice), then repeatedly freezing and thawing the moist plant matter will cause all the cell walls to break open, and release all of the goodies contained within, also making them more available.

So maybe you could powder the cactus, add some lemon juice, freeze and thaw and freeze and thaw, and then roll the resulting goop into little tiny pill sized balls, then swallow them down with some water.

Dried Peruvian torch chips preperation !

Sounds like a scene from "man verses wild"

"These are going to give me some valuable energy from the sugars, and the juice can be rubbed on your head to deter tetsi flies."

add to pot of boiling water, a large pot of boiling water, add half a lemon (real lemon)... Do not boil it. Heat it to the point that there is steam coming off the water. add chips. Leave like this for 5 - 6 hours, stirring occasionaly and breaking apart the chips as they rehydrate with a potato masher.

At the 6 hour mark, strain the pulp through a shirt or rag or some sort of fairly fine clean filter (be sure to wring the filter after to get all the juice out). Discard pulp. Add the liquid strained from the pulp into the pot with the rest of the juice. Continue cooking it down until all the liquid is gone (can take over 24hours if done on a low enough heat). once all liquid is gone, you should see a black resin looking thing. Scrape it up, freeze it. once frozen, Thaw it out while rubbing it into some flour.

Either eat the resin or 000 gel cap it...

Useful info ~ At no point should you bring any of the water to boil after the chips have been added - Boiling kills what your trying to get out of it.

Goodluck.

good source of fiber! make sure you drink plenty of water as dried anything takes a lot of waterup for digestion.

If your suffering nausea, eat the cactus over a longer period of time to give your insides chance to start digesting. eat slow

i also find nausea can be combatted with some deep breathing and sips of water/ burping

add to pot of boiling water, a large pot of boiling water, add half a lemon (real lemon)... Do not boil it. Heat it to the point that there is steam coming off the water. add chips. Leave like this for 5 - 6 hours, stirring occasionaly and breaking apart the chips as they rehydrate with a potato masher.

At the 6 hour mark, strain the pulp through a shirt or rag or some sort of fairly fine clean filter (be sure to wring the filter after to get all the juice out). Discard pulp. Add the liquid strained from the pulp into the pot with the rest of the juice. Continue cooking it down until all the liquid is gone (can take over 24hours if done on a low enough heat). once all liquid is gone, you should see a black resin looking thing. Scrape it up, freeze it. once frozen, Thaw it out while rubbing it into some flour.

Either eat the resin or 000 gel cap it...

Useful info ~ At no point should you bring any of the water to boil after the chips have been added - Boiling kills what your trying to get out of it.

Goodluck.

boiling does NOT hurt mescaline, why is this mis-information so widely spread?