• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dried opium powder

^^ 40 cents each? seems a little pricey, I have seen batches of 100 for $35 on the internet.

I do not import on bulk lods, I grow them. An Indo-Pak or any other grocer would be buying from either a retailer or growing them himself. Anyone know truly knows poppies knows how labor intensive they can be. Here we pay our laborers by piece work in our mills but the national minimum wage is 3 US dollars a day. Even with that low amount, it costs about 40 cents per dried pod after 4 plus hectares are grown for 3.5 to 4 months, fertilised and tended correctly.

N.American distributors for the most part rely on N.American commercial growers although in some cases there is increased pressure against growing it. Actually, anytime someone raises the issue with a paticular grower the fin is over. Here it is a death penalty sffair and as such, I must take measures to guard against such things. All this plus more factos into the price. ASnyway, I do not ell them but that is my own cost of growing them.

Actually, after the 1st month a week it is like a weed and needs little care unless you ima for double digit alkaloidal percentages and as a botanist , naturally I put alot into it.

On batches of 100 for whatever, you must be talking about an online auction site and that price has no relation to sale price. The cheapest I have ever seen them actually sell for , in a 100 pod batch,is 50 US and even then it is usually more.

oh so now u grow ur own pods too?

i thought u were on methadone until recently?

make up ur mind or make it up in your mind like rachimim

<----this is the prize!

erk..

i just spent over an hour reading only this thread. time well spent!

wow, you junkies are a bunch of knitting-circle bitches, aren't you? and i do believe some of your brains got the rot.

ha ha :p but seriously it was totally entertaining.

medicine cabinet is the only one, as far as i can see, that has perspective and the ability to express it here. despite the futility of your attempt to dampen the flaming fire, you get the prize!

rach dude, you, on the other hand, may possibly lack perspective.

but thank you. thank you for exemplifying why i love bulletin boards... the flaming and the perverse distortions of reality peppered with facts and figures... love it. i just had to get up on this thread, you know, for posteriority.

i love all you crazy junkies. one and all.

rachamim said:
Malfunkshun: Why are you telling me that seeds have no alkaloids? I think you need to review this thread and edit at your leisure.

ok, let me simplify it for you since you are so anal about it. poppy seeds contain no alkaloids, in siginificant amounts, that will EVER get you high if you actually consume the seeds. ALL of the alkaloids that come from making poppy seed tea THE RIGHT WAY, which is the way i make it, which i have outlined several times on these boards, results in residue on the seeds being incorporated into the tea. NONE of the seed structure is present in the tea.

i could give two flying fucks what kinds of miniscule traces of alkaloids are present inside the poppy seed itself if its not going to get me high.

are we clear now?

rachamim said:
I do not agree with your point on endorphins because if you study receptor activity you will see that endorphin never comes close to the affinity of even the slightest opiate/opioid.

it doesn't matter if you agree or not. endorphins do have significant analgesic effects when concentrated in the brain. also, direct stimulation of the 'pleasure centers' in the brain via electrodes WILL get you so goddamn high you'll wonder why you ever even thought about shooting up heroin. through biofeedback, you can stimulate these pleasure centers yourself. i really don't care what kinds of receptors get you off with what kinds of molecules, but from what i have read, you CAN get high as a kite off of your own endorphins. maybe what i have read is wrong. maybe what i'm reading that people like you are posting is wrong. what i do know is that endorphins are the body's natural opiate and they are labeled that for a reason.

Last edited:
Malfunkshun: I asked you to review the thread, quite ploitely really, because you seemd to have confused my position as indeed you clearly have done once again. I do not recommend anyone use poppyseeds for tea unless they are taken from technically ripe and unincised pods. This has always been my position and remains so today. You seem to think I am promoting seedtea or some such crap. Try and take a step back, do what you need to do to relax, and review it again because you are not getting the message.

I have had time to look at your posts and info over a long period of time and find you knowledgeable , if a bit gung ho . I try to remove emotion, some mistake this for arrogance. In addition, my English is not top flight and this tends to make me seem above things. I am far from that . If you have a thing for me, exercise it via pm. This is about facts, the less personality here the better.

If you search my almost 5 years of posts here you will see I have never deviated from that position, so relax.

As for your posting on endorphins, more of the same. Get a grip.

you never deviate from ANY positions, thoughts, facts, OR opinions.

you also impose your beliefs onto others but criticize others for doing the same.
im just not sure what being a jew and an opiate user have to do with eachother when it comes to harm reduction.

your only chance would be that middle eastern and asian cultures have extensive histories of poppy use in their cultures.
however since u ARE a jew, its pretty fair to say u are NOT middle eastern since hardly any israeli lived there before it was formed. unless you consider ONE generation like most jews do...however its always important for you all to note that many palestinians do not have history on the land/area but you forget the same when it relates to jews.

same with killing. its OK to defend yourselves and kill, torture, and remove families from their homes in the name of the cause but you cannot relate to the oppositions fight for the SAME cause?

ridiculous.

p.s.
i must note i am not israeli, jewish, christian, muslim, arab, or middle eastern. oh and i was never exterminated.

however using israeli logic, i own some land in the middle east particularly conflict areas.
i also have the right to antarctica cause its not currently officially a sovereign state

Last edited:
rachamim said:
Malfunkshun: I asked you to review the thread, quite ploitely really, because you seemd to have confused my position as indeed you clearly have done once again. I do not recommend anyone use poppyseeds for tea unless they are taken from technically ripe and unincised pods. This has always been my position and remains so today. You seem to think I am promoting seedtea or some such crap. Try and take a step back, do what you need to do to relax, and review it again because you are not getting the message.

you are just flat out wrong about poppy seed tea. have you ever made any? what qualifications do you use to make this 'recommendation' on which seeds to use? for YOUR information, there is zero USEABLE alkaloids in any significant amount which naturally occur on the OUTSIDE of the seed. thats the whole method behind making it, washing the alkaloids OFF of the seed. 'recommending' that you use seeds from unscored or unincised pods is the WRONG recommendation, buddy. thats the ONLY way alkaloids are going to get onto the seeds, that is, if the pods HAVE been scored for opium harvesting. i have made plenty of tea from seeds FRESH from the UNSCORED pod (pretty goddamn potent pods too) and have NEVER had a positive result. there, thats a fact, and you can sit on it and spin if you don't believe it, because its the flat out truth. and thats the message, do YOU get it yet? 8)

i would suggest to you, in turn, to do a little research here about poppy seed tea in the various threads that have been made about it. there is a LOT of discussion from people such as myself and others who DO know how to make the tea, and have great success with it.

I have had time to look at your posts and info over a long period of time and find you knowledgeable , if a bit gung ho . I try to remove emotion, some mistake this for arrogance. In addition, my English is not top flight and this tends to make me seem above things. I am far from that . If you have a thing for me, exercise it via pm. This is about facts, the less personality here the better.

If you search my almost 5 years of posts here you will see I have never deviated from that position, so relax.

As for your posting on endorphins, more of the same. Get a grip.

uh huh. anyway, if you want to be a robot with no personality on the forums, fine. however, you sure do a good job of 'seeming' arrogant, although you have already explained that away safely being due to your vast years of experience on the boards and your inexpertise with english. i'll inject as much personality into these boards as i god damn well feel like, and IMO its what makes these board even more interesting, the different people and their personalities. even the occassional flame war can be fun if not gone overboard with. thats why there are mods. as for your 5 years, well if thats a qualifier of status, then i've been here since 2003 so put that in your pipe and shmoke it buddy-ro =D

Wow, 8 pages and 190 posts and growing, all on poppy tea? Wow, there must really be something to this poppy tea, huh?

yep, my bad, my bad, lol

seriously though, Why is this thread still open, I mean whats so special about opium, its not like its some new rare exoitc stuff...

well, its open because people still happen to bullshitting in here. no biggie IMO. thats half the fun when the thread wanders off topic and people just start yakking. that is, until somebody gets hurt :D

Anyway, why do seeds from unscored pods not work as well? I always thought since the opium is between the outer shell and the seeds, that scoring them and draining it out would prevent it soaking onto the seeds.

the opium is contained inside the pod skin, for lack of better term. inside the pod its hollow... just a bunch of seeds rattling around. once you score the pods, the opium latex leaks inside the pod as well as outside, and it coats the surfaces of the seeds. thats the ONLY way you will ever get potent seeds. otherwise they are about as useful as aspirin for getting high. its not a matter of seeds from unscored pods not working as WELL... they don't work AT ALL.

I read somewhere that when the seeds are harvested, the pods are mashed in order to get the seeds out. When they are crushed the opium latex gets all over the seeds and dries to that wonderful brown we all know.

So both rachamin and malfunkshun are technically right. On the commercial level, unscored pods will be the ones that grant the largest amount of dried latex on the seeds. On the individual level, you aren't harvesting seeds the same way, and so scoring the pods would allow the latex to seep onto the seeds.

Make sense?

It would probably vary greatly, as I have seen some pods with very little opium latex and others with alot.

Also I have heard that there are "breadseed" poppies that have been specially bred to be low in morphine content, although I suspect this is just more disinformation created by the DEA and other government agencies.

mulberryman said:
It would probably vary greatly, as I have seen some pods with very little opium latex and others with alot.

Also I have heard that there are "breadseed" poppies that have been specially bred to be low in morphine content, although I suspect this is just more disinformation created by the DEA and other government agencies.

yeah, the quality of seeds does vary a lot. like you said, some pods are more potent. but when they come out of the unscored pod, the quality doesn't vary at all. there is no quality.

Virtuoso said:
I read somewhere that when the seeds are harvested, the pods are mashed in order to get the seeds out. When they are crushed the opium latex gets all over the seeds and dries to that wonderful brown we all know.

So both rachamin and malfunkshun are technically right. On the commercial level, unscored pods will be the ones that grant the largest amount of dried latex on the seeds. On the individual level, you aren't harvesting seeds the same way, and so scoring the pods would allow the latex to seep onto the seeds.

Make sense?

its really simple... i don't know how else to put it. the morphine only gets on the seeds due to a mechanical process during the harvesting of opium, be it scoring or mashing the seeds and the pods all together. otherwise the seeds will have zero morphine on them. you guys can imagine ways to turn fiction into fact all you want, i've presented you with the truth, what else can i say. have fun :)