Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Why I changed my mind on weed

The times in Ney York post wher I allowed those premier LEO rapoes inside my cab??/// shnookie/bbbbbbbbb@deah

I don't know if you guys watch CNN but I'm sure most of you know about the Weed documentary Sanjay Gupta did tonight. I am sure it will reair again on cNN if you did not get the pleasure to watch it tonight. I thought it was very informative and dramatically helpful to getting more doctors and states liberal to legalizing pot for medicinal or hell even recreational use.

I thought the documentary was pretty great and I'm glad I got a chance to see it and smoke before I saw it :)

However, there are some parts that I think were added just to get you to feel bad for people so pot could be legalized, but nonetheless, they pushed the envelope in every direction and then finishes where it started. If you watch it, you'll see it as a full circle from point A all around the circle to point A again.

I'd give 5/5. Oustanding Piece.

What did anyone else think about this, if they saw it?

It sometimes takes a strong person to apologise. And then he's gone and done research - proper research - it's little wonder that he's changed his harpsichord!

Nice one, I say :)

kaywholed;11747339 said:
I love how scientists and judges and cops, ONCE they retire and stop fucking over the pot smokers, then they come and claim to have seen the errors in your ways. bullshit.

I want these people to come out and say "I lied, weed isn't the devil. I lied because I was forced/pressured/needed the job, and I accepted that I would lie about my science or put people in jail for things I do not think should have been illegal. I did this for selfish reasons, and now that that is no longer a motivating factor (my career is over) I will tell the truth"

thank you!

if only they could admit their dishonesty/bandwagon jumping doing the amoral thing to get ahead.

this dickhead is just another one who would happily reinforce bad info if it kept him on the telly but now he can grasp the sea change he swapped one popular opinion for another.

they new about cannabis anti cancer properties in the 70's

as a doctor who should support his practice with evidence as a basis, he should have done his research properly in the first place but he chose to ignore real evidence so he could keep his tv bosses happy= a money grabbing ass licker. no backbone. the only reason he has changed his mind is because the PEOPLE from two states voted for what they wanted and now the truth cannot be ignored!

I watched dr guptas weed last night. Actually watching that sweet little girl have a grand mal seizure and having 300 a week, i can only imagine how much distress her parents felt. Plus that her dad is a millitary "contractor" (only in america they arent called mercenaries lol) is going to make it a more viable option for ppl who think its some horrible felonious thing. It makes it hard to deny this plants medical value. More so considering its a cI drug and in theory has less medical value than meth or cocaine. It shouldnt even be scheduled to begin with.

Well, at least now we know that the pro-marijuana interests have more money than the anti-marijuana interests #SellingMyOpinionsToTheHighestBidder

Let's be clear. This documentary is focused on medical marijuana, his position on recreational marijuana is still the same. It's great that this is gaining spotlight for medicinal use.

my geuss is this is somehow $$ related. it would be funny if its cuz he finally decided he likes smoking it. however im hoping this starts possibly getting other dr's thinking as well. certain strains of weed really have different effects, theres so much to learn.
i have a strain called Venus Flytrap by Nirvana. The phenotype i was lucky enough to find seems to give very opiate-like pain relief and all. there certainly is medical benefits from marijuana(and different benefits from each strain), and far less issues health wise. especially in the physical dependance department.
didnt this guy consider a run for surgeon general? or whatever thats called... imagine usa gov endorcing mmj use finally. i think we still have work to do before that happens, but at least we have a big name on our side now.

Just take a look at that dollargrin

"Hello evrybody, I just did proper research, and guess what!?"

This is why you should just not turn on the TV.

Step one admit you were wrong.. Accomplished:)
Step two appologize .. Thanks:D
Step three learn from your mistakes.. Failed Miserably:(

Let me first congratulate a "chief corespondent" on you on your new found ability to find the truth by actually digging until you separate the facts from speculation, assumption and propaganda. Its amazing the mistakes that are made by failing to "look hard enough" or "far enough." Now I would suggest using your new found skills to reexamine and apologize to the good people you assumed without any proof and unjustly judged as "high-visibility malingerers, just looking to get high." Have you talked candidly to these people or is this just another instance of of you not putting the time in to "look hard enough" or "far enough" or at all. You would think that a mistake that is important enough for you to publicly apologize would be significant enough for you to not make it again three short sentences later.

Have you ever asked these good people the benefits they are receiving from their choice and desire to use marijuana legally? The mere fact that they are fighting to be able to use marijuana legally points to the fact that they aren't criminals and are tried of being judged by assuming and ignorant people like yourself as being criminals. I think if you took the time to "look hard enough" or "far enough" or at all, you would find that these good people or im sorry, "malingerers" are using the marijuana to combat a whole myriad of symptoms and find their lives and health better because of their use. But to actually figure out the truth you may have to pretend to be a reporter again and actually research and learn about what you are reporting on. Well maybe i speak unjustly and you are such an accomplished Dr. that you can diagnose and determine that these "malingerers" are completely healthy and are receiving no medical benefit or for that matter no benefit to their lives and are "just looking to get high" without even an examination, consultation, or considering each persons circumstances individually.

I applaud the fact that you are publically stateing that marijuan has I low instance of addciton. But I cant overlook the hypocracy I find in this because you are a mamber in good standing of the medical comunity. IMO the medical comunity is far and away the greatest creators and promoters of drug addiction and have been for some time. The opiates that are being prescribed in alarming numbers are the modern gateway to heroin. I see the same story over and over and over on the boards of BL. it always goes something like, three tears ago I got in an accident and was prescribed high doses of opioid narcotics for pain, I was allowed to stay on these for a long period of time and my dose was increased to exorbitant amounts.. then it either goes one of two ways.. The Doctor I was seeing cold turkey cut off from my pain killers because of behavior resulting from the addiction that was likely the result of the length and amount the Dr was prescribing. I was not provided any help from the medical community for the addiction my treatment left me with and as I was absolutely physically dependent I turned to purchasing my medications off the street and found my way to heroin.. or I couldn't afford the medical care and prescriptions any longer and turned to heroin because it was so much cheaper. So I find it really absurd that the medical community is so worried about almost non addictive grass when it doesn't seem to take a second thought with all the opiates, amphetamines, and benzodiazepines it basically hands out like candy to whoever can pay for an appointment.

Although I agree that a developing brain should be manipulated as little as possible, I find it really hypocritical that a member of the medical community, a community that regularly prescribes amphetamines to children and at least one study that was based of the results of actual cases, concluded that children between the ages of three and five years will benefit from being given amphetamines. I guess the developing brain took a back seat to a child's ability to sit still and compulsively color when at the grand age of three?

Being a long time medical grower and care giver the benefits of medicinal marijuana so far out way the negatives that I cant believe this debate is even still happening. Good people that are sick and could receive safe and significant relief from their afflictions are continuing to suffer because of lies.

After witnessing the progression of marijuana all the way from illegal, to medicinal, to legal in colorado and the results on society and comparing those results to an intimate and broad understanding of resultant damage caused by addiction to drugs other than marijuana, I wholeheartedly conclude that the full legalization of marijuana benefits outway the drawbacks many many times and I think its insane that we have just begun to debate this. Good loving people will loose their lives, reputations, and freedom, because of laws based off lies.

I am happy that a respected Dr. and member of the press took the time to properly research medicinal marijuana and has come out publicly in favor of its use.. but so much of what the good Dr. took the time to find out has been known for a long long time and after fighting this fight for so long I am just a little weary and angry that it is still going on.. how many people right now have suffering that could be helped with the use of marijuana but will continue to suffer needlessly because of the unjustified fears and resulting laws.

We will assume that the good Drs brain was kept pure and his IQ "undamaged" by drugs.. and I will tell you mine wasn't kept pure. How come I was able to see the truth so much sooner that he was.. I dont know but it may speak volumes to which is more important.. a pure mind or an open one.

neversickanymore;11755848 said:
Step one admit you were wrong.. Accomplished:)
Step two appologize .. Thanks:D
Step three learn from your mistakes.. Failed Miserably:(

Let me first congratulate a "chief corespondent" on you on your new found ability to find the truth by actually digging until you separate the facts from speculation, assumption and propaganda. Its amazing the mistakes that are made by failing to "look hard enough" or "far enough." Now I would suggest using your new found skills to reexamine and apologize to the good people you assumed without any proof and unjustly judged as "high-visibility malingerers, just looking to get high." Have you talked candidly to these people or is this just another instance of of you not putting the time in to "look hard enough" or "far enough" or at all. You would think that a mistake that is important enough for you to publicly apologize would be significant enough for you to not make it again three short sentences later.

Have you ever asked these good people the benefits they are receiving from their choice and desire to use marijuana legally? The mere fact that they are fighting to be able to use marijuana legally points to the fact that they aren't criminals and are tried of being judged by assuming and ignorant people like yourself as being criminals. I think if you took the time to "look hard enough" or "far enough" or at all, you would find that these good people or im sorry, "malingerers" are using the marijuana to combat a whole myriad of symptoms and find their lives and health better because of their use. But to actually figure out the truth you may have to pretend to be a reporter again and actually research and learn about what you are reporting on. Well maybe i speak unjustly and you are such an accomplished Dr. that you can diagnose and determine that these "malingerers" are completely healthy and are receiving no medical benefit or for that matter no benefit to their lives and are "just looking to get high" without even an examination, consultation, or considering each persons circumstances individually.

I applaud the fact that you are publically stateing that marijuan has I low instance of addciton. But I cant overlook the hypocracy I find in this because you are a mamber in good standing of the medical comunity. IMO the medical comunity is far and away the greatest creators and promoters of drug addiction and have been for some time. The opiates that are being prescribed in alarming numbers are the modern gateway to heroin. I see the same story over and over and over on the boards of BL. it always goes something like, three tears ago I got in an accident and was prescribed high doses of opioid narcotics for pain, I was allowed to stay on these for a long period of time and my dose was increased to exorbitant amounts.. then it either goes one of two ways.. The Doctor I was seeing cold turkey cut off from my pain killers because of behavior resulting from the addiction that was likely the result of the length and amount the Dr was prescribing. I was not provided any help from the medical community for the addiction my treatment left me with and as I was absolutely physically dependent I turned to purchasing my medications off the street and found my way to heroin.. or I couldn't afford the medical care and prescriptions any longer and turned to heroin because it was so much cheaper. So I find it really absurd that the medical community is so worried about almost non addictive grass when it doesn't seem to take a second thought with all the opiates, amphetamines, and benzodiazepines it basically hands out like candy to whoever can pay for an appointment.

Although I agree that a developing brain should be manipulated as little as possible, I find it really hypocritical that a member of the medical community, a community that regularly prescribes amphetamines to children and at least one study that was based of the results of actual cases, concluded that children between the ages of three and five years will benefit from being given amphetamines. I guess the developing brain took a back seat to a child's ability to sit still and compulsively color when at the grand age of three?

Being a long time medical grower and care giver the benefits of medicinal marijuana so far out way the negatives that I cant believe this debate is even still happening. Good people that are sick and could receive safe and significant relief from their afflictions are continuing to suffer because of lies.

After witnessing the progression of marijuana all the way from illegal, to medicinal, to legal in colorado and the results on society and comparing those results to an intimate and broad understanding of resultant damage caused by addiction to drugs other than marijuana, I wholeheartedly conclude that the full legalization of marijuana benefits outway the drawbacks many many times and I think its insane that we have just begun to debate this. Good loving people will loose their lives, reputations, and freedom, because of laws based off lies.

I am happy that a respected Dr. and member of the press took the time to properly research medicinal marijuana and has come out publicly in favor of its use.. but so much of what the good Dr. took the time to find out has been known for a long long time and after fighting this fight for so long I am just a little weary and angry that it is still going on.. how many people right now have suffering that could be helped with the use of marijuana but will continue to suffer needlessly because of the unjustified fears and resulting laws.

We will assume that the good Drs brain was kept pure and his IQ "undamaged" by drugs.. and I will tell you mine wasn't kept pure. How come I was able to see the truth so much sooner that he was.. I dont know but it may speak volumes to which is more important.. a pure mind or an open one.

This is a fucking awesome post.
Read it and weep, Dr. Gupta.

Yeah top post neversickanymore, I wish that Dr Gupta and other Dr's would read your post/reply. And many politicians the world over also. Here in Australia we do not have medicinal cannabis at all in any state or territory.

I've met and cared for quite a few people over the yrs who have been dying and pumped full of all sorts of pharmaceutical drugs and as you mentioned their doses just increased and increased until they die basically, and some of these people I have met or cared for have really wonted to just use some cannabis, I've helped some of them get some of it, even though I was breaking the law. But it's not always easy to get and it's such a shame that the law doesn't even allow it here for people who are terminally ill.

Some politician here not too long ago was asked in parliament about whether medicinal cannabis could or would be considered and he flatly said 'no it's not to be considered at all, it's an addictive drug and can cause a number of problems in peoples lives including dependancy and mental illness' (or something similar). What a insensitive prick I thought, these people are dying and the meds they are on are often very addictive with many side effects anyway, who's he to say such crap. It really gets to me.

I have a lot of problems with some of what Gupta said. However, overall, I can't deny the free press that we've gotten from this in my backwards state. . I'm not excusing Gupta, I don't trust him, but in my opinion, it was overall positive for my fight.

Did any of you guys catch the follow-up video? It contains an hour long conversation between most of the main people from the thing except for Gupta, which is nice, because it allows them to criticize some of the material freely and openly. I think it's worth a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoe2qro23JM&feature=youtu.be

" malingerers...looking to get high"???
just what is societies problem with an adult choosing to get high?lol
Humans have been changing their brain chemistry since the beginning of the species. Pleasure seeking is a massive part of the human experience and a driving force for us all. Why is my idea of pleasure (cannabis) maligned, while legal routes of pleasure like alcohol and tabacco, which are more damaging, be upheld as correct behavior.

"malingerers looking to get high" - The nerve some of these arrogant twats have to label us (among other things) abusers, addicts, junkies, criminals, crooks, scum, losers, and malingerers.

What retarded logic brought about this view in a minority group of people who are looking to escape the reality of their (possibly) fast-paced, stressful, debt-filled, discriminated, betrayed, fearful, anxious, depressed, abusive, indignant, "not good enough," lives???

So you have these groups of otherwise law-abiding, society-contributing individuals who - perhaps, after a hard day's work - would like some time to themselves to unwind; or to ease the pain; or, again, temporarily escape reality. And I'm sorry but not everyone is content with resorting to watching TV while drinking a six-pack. What in blue fuck is so fundamentally wrong about picking another drug? Oh, it's dirty because it's a "street drug"? Well then what about if I get me some pharmaceutical quality gear? Oh, it's also wrong because of some other bullshit reason. Seriously, fuck off!

Said it before and I won't stop: Nothing would please me more than to see the DEA be completely dissolved. Other than maybe a few mil. Then I'd pack up and move to Switzerland.