• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DPT Subthread] Physical properties: Stability, Solubility, Storage, Conversion

^ Never tried it. You don't need a fumehood to freebase DPT by other common methods, though.

Well as I am living with family I can't fill the house with naptha fumes. I suppose acetone or ETOH would recover DPT base just fine though, wouldn't it?

DPT + Ammonia Freebase Extraction.

Hello there everyone.
This after noon i recieved 3 grams of what at least appeared to me do be relatively impure DPT.
I decided because it was so cheap, for the sake of science i was going to convert the entire thing into pure freebase using a technique i recently discovered.

I managed to get all 3 grams into a solution of 175 ML of water. I put this into a little Pyrex bowl and i heated it inside of a small pan filled with water on about 4-5 on your typical stove setting until it all relatively began to dissolve.

I then added dropwise 1 ML of ammonia. I continued to add dropps of ammonia over a period of about 45-1 adding 3ML of ammonia by the time the milky process finished. We lowering the temperature to 2. I managed to scrape 90% of the impurities which stuck to my stirring rod. We then Siphoned off the Ammonia.

We have currently a bowl of gelly water, which stinks to high heaven of moth balls.

Currently We have read that you can use IPA which when chilled in the freezer shall lets say extract all of the DPT into that Layer.

Should i use the IPA?

or

Should i just let it rest for a couple hours and start to scoop the DPT jelly off the surface of the water?

Or

Does the IPA allow for easier extraction??

The IPA will ruin your extraction if you add it because it will dissolve in the water, you need to add a solvent that doesn't mix with water like naptha.

Dpt hcl to freebase baking soda tek

Tonight I'm looking to turn some dpt hcl to freebase but I'm at my parents and all stores are closed so I can't go buy ammonia or anything so I'm thinking of a baking soda tek, I used the search and found a few methods but some used different weights and instructions were a little unclear.
Could someone better explain this method to me?
I would be planning to smoke it off of foil so doing the extraction on a spoon so cooling down would cooling down with ice be a must?

I apologize if this isn't exactly news.. It probably isn't, but I wasn't able to find any data on DPT HCl's solubility in water besides DPT Primer on Erowid.

Well yesterday I was able to dissolve 60mg DPT HCl in 1.1mL tapwater(for rectal ROA). I started dissolving in hot tapwater, shaked vigorously and ended up heating the solution in the microwave for a couple of seconds. Everything stayed in solution, even after it cooled to roomtemp.
I am very confident that nothing of the compound combusted, but of course I can't say for sure..

Thought it might come handy to someone else maybe ;)

Might anyone have any idea what the maximum solubility of DPT would be in warm propylene glycol? I am determined to find a way to make snortable solution that does hurt the nose like fucking hell. I am unsure if the propylene glycol itself would neutralize the burn to any degree?
I read a DMT tech that suggested adding a drop of coconut cream to the solution to reduce the burn of snorting DMT - does anyone think adding a drop of coconut cream to the DPT/PG solution would work as well?
Any thoughts on this would be very greatly appreciated!!

I apologize if this isn't exactly news.. It probably isn't, but I wasn't able to find any data on DPT HCl's solubility in water besides DPT Primer on Erowid.

Well yesterday I was able to dissolve 60mg DPT HCl in 1.1mL tapwater(for rectal ROA). I started dissolving in hot tapwater, shaked vigorously and ended up heating the solution in the microwave for a couple of seconds. Everything stayed in solution, even after it cooled to roomtemp.
I am very confident that nothing of the compound combusted, but of course I can't say for sure..

Thought it might come handy to someone else maybe ;)

How did rectal admin of DPT go for you? This has crossed my mind because snorting it is blasphemy to the nose!

Ok, so I just wanted to report that I was able to dissolve 500mg of white DPT hcl easily into 5ml of warm Propylene Glycol. I simply microwaved a tiny ammount PG for 5 seconds then measured out 5ml warm PG with an oral syringe and added it to the 500mg DPT. There were a few chunks that did not initially dissolve and needed to be crushed/stirred. But went into the solution without any problems.
Also, I am pleased to report that the insuffilation of DPT/PG solution was about 80% less caustic to the nose. I didn't even bother adding a drop of coconut cream to act as a buffer to reduce the burn. Simply putting it into Propylene Glycol reduced the burn of insuffilation dramatically! :D

Ok, so I just wanted to report that I was able to dissolve 500mg of white DPT hcl easily into 5ml of warm Propylene Glycol. I simply microwaved a tiny ammount PG for 5 seconds then measured out 5ml warm PG with an oral syringe and added it to the 500mg DPT. There were a few chunks that did not initially dissolve and needed to be crushed/stirred. But went into the solution without any problems.
Also, I am pleased to report that the insuffilation of DPT/PG solution was about 80% less caustic to the nose. I didn't even bother adding a drop of coconut cream to act as a buffer to reduce the burn. Simply putting it into Propylene Glycol reduced the burn of insuffilation dramatically! :D

Nice to hear that! Could you please give some more details?
How did you manage to insufflate liquid DPT solution? nasal spray? If so, how do you measure your dose?
I hear that the drip is even worse than the burn, did you get any drip?
How was the absorption? Did you find this to be an effective way of administering?

So I purchased some nasal spray bottles on a popular online auction site. They came in 10ml and 20ml bottles. After adding 10ml of solution and counting how many pumps it takes to spray out all of the solution, I determined that 11 pumps removes 1ml of solution consistently.
It seems that the propylene glycol reduced the intensity of the initial burn by about 80% and it reduced the overall duration of the burn by about 90%.
Using the nasal spray in small increments ( one spray every 2 seconds alternating nostrils) resulted in almost no drip at all. Pausing in between sprays and switching nostrils with each spray allows maximum absorption and results in minimal drip.
This is how to do DPT! This works so well I have no interest in exploring alternate ROA's for the time being.

Sounds great!
Do you think the propylene glycol would affect DPT's long term stability? (Maybe freeze the solution to avoid degradation?)
It would be a lot easier to store it in solution! Also, a more concentrated solution should make absorption even more effective, right?
But this may be difficult, unless you dissolve a big quantity of product (like you did), since, with a very concentrated solution, the ammount of liquid that eventually cant get sucked by the pump would be a more significant loss.

Do you think the propylene glycol would affect DPT's long term stability?

I was wondering the same. I would like to try volumetric dosing but I don't want to ruin my DPT. Does anyone know how long will it last stored in an alcohol solution?

Sounds great!
Do you think the propylene glycol would affect DPT's long term stability? (Maybe freeze the solution to avoid degradation?)
It would be a lot easier to store it in solution! Also, a more concentrated solution should make absorption even more effective, right?
But this may be difficult, unless you dissolve a big quantity of product (like you did), since, with a very concentrated solution, the ammount of liquid that eventually cant get sucked by the pump would be a more significant loss.
The only time I out DPT into a PG solution for nadal administration, the solution turned from clear to brown inns matter of hours.
Now this was with pure white DPT that was not discoloredto begin with .
This was also in the summer and the glass vial of DPT/PG solution remained in my pocket for several hours in the summer heat.
But by evening when I went to take some it had turned totally brown and felt a LOT less active. Do I suspect it degrades very rapidly in PG and ambient summer temperatures.

You used PF for nasal administration? Duuuude, disgusting...

The idea was that Propylene Glycol would act as a bigger to reduce the intense burning of nasally administered DPT.
Why would PG be disgusting to inhale???
It's fairly inert and is the carrier agent in most ECig vape pens. People breath that shit in every day and it's pretty non toxic.