• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DPT Subthread] DPT Dosage & Methods of Administration

has anyone else here experimented with rectal administration (how naughty) and it's dosage curve... how do the dose curve compare with those you use insufflated or for other, IM/IV? Qualitative comaprisons solicited as well...

Generally I find rectal admin. to be a bit more potent than insufflation, but I don't think my nose works well for such things anyway, so I may be a bad example. Comments?

I'd say stay off for a while. Shulgin said 12mg IV was too strong. I don't like the cold wet feeling in the lungs and throat. It hits super fast so you've got less than 3 seconds to get the needle out.

I didn't get any negative effects at all - so I don't see why I'd want to stay off it for a while... of course I'm going to take a break to integrate the experience, but I will certainly be experimenting more with DPT in the near future.

Yeah Shulgin said 12mg IV DPT was too strong - but 30mg IV + 150mg IM was not too strong for me. People are quite different, and react to drugs quite differently.

As for it working really fast IV, you're right - but I injected into a vain in my foot so I had plenty of time before the blood got all the way back to my heart and out again. Worked quite nicely, actually.

Yeah, the foot should be a last resort. I'm not try to lecture, I hope you've read and understand the risk you are taking. But in the harm reduction for anyone who doesn't research, this is really bad and should be a last resort. This greatly increases the risk of blood clots and your feet are usually more at risk for infection.

UsersDoDrugs said:
Would it be possible to sterilize DPT in a pressure cooker? If yes, how should I do it?

It may be possible, but I don't see why you would risk submitting the material to such pressure and heat for such a long amount of time. It would be much easier to get some bacteriostatic water and some micron syringe filters.

StagnantReaction said:
I have a K-hole amount of K and as much DPT as I need, does anyone suggest what amount of each I should bump? At the same time?

MorningGlorySeed recommended to me 120mg of ketamine in combination with 45mg of DPT, via Intramuscular injection.

Have you done DPT before? Be sure to explore it before diving into this combination.

It's perhaps the most amazing trip you will ever have in your life, surpassing DMT and 5-MeO-DMT. It's also extremely introspective, and frighteningly intense. Very visual as well. If you plan to insufflate it, be prepared for DPT. It's a big kick in the ass. If you've never done it before, try 30mg. See how that fits you. If you aren't scared yet, try 70-90mg. That should be fairly intense. If you're still unsatisfied, take a less than normal dose of ketamine in combination with perhaps 120mg DPT insufflated. Nevertheless I recommend doing it intramuscular. But be VERY careful. You'll know you hit a vein if you begin to feel it before 20-30 seconds are up. If so I would not continue the injection, or move it to another location and have someone assist you with it. The come up to peak is under a minute. Be sure to have a good sitter and relax. The most important thing to a great trip is a good mood and setting.

I've read two reports of insufflation over 250mg. It was reckless and landed the users in the hospital. Use a scale and if you aren't impressed with 150mg of it, find another method of injestion. The trips tend to vary greatly in the manner you take them. Be safe.

DPT injection prep?

I've been looking for information on injection preparation for DPT.

If a person was planning to perform I.M. injection, would it be neccessary to dissolve in saline, or is distilled water good enough?

Is it neccessary to filter through cotton for I.M.?

Any tips on proper sterilization?

I've read most I can about I.M. online, but most of the information assumes a pre-prepared injection solution. I understand how to perform the injection itself, but I'm not too sure about the drug preparation. How have members here prepared the drug?

>would it be neccessary to dissolve in saline
>or is distilled water good enough?

I am sure there is a medical reason why saline solution is used medically for injections, but I have never run into trouble with using sterile, distilled water. I will warn that DPT hcl is not very soluble in water and heat may be needed to get it into solution.

>Is it neccessary to filter
>through cotton for I.M.?

Not nessessary. However, investing $2 in a syringe filter is the smart thing to do. This will render your DPT solution sterile, which reduces the chance of something nasty happening. They are easy to find through one of the many net-based medical supply centers. I use the .02 micron filters.

Smoked/vaporized DPT is extremely intense. It scares the fuck out of me every single time, and basically rips me off my normal plane of existance in a rather violent manner. When it hits, it fucking hits... the visual element is overwhelming almost instantly... its like my vision shakes with afterimages of everything, and then it just explodes into a completely enveloping hallucinotory exp.

Seriously, it really scares me... and FWIW DMT scares the hell out of me too, and i'll sit down and go through most of a gram of it here and there. not w/ DPT. I guess I'm on MDMA most of the time I'm smoking DMT, and haven't tried that with DPT tho.

In any case, be conservative with the dose when smoking unless you're sure you want to get splattered. It takes off like a rocket.

I massively overshot the mark insufflating it once, and that was a fairly traumatic experience. Its an extremely strong drug.

^ yeah I agree smoking it is very intense trip...I think more intense than DMT as far as anxiety goes. Its much more 'chaotic' visually I think which makes it more intense to handle...it can get so disorienting. This was at 32mg and 42mg smoked (freebase).

QUESTION: Has anybody IVed DPT and if so what was your dose and what was the experience like?

There's a trip report on Erowid of somebody UVing DPT and it sounded like it scared them shitless. I think that'll probably be true for most people (esp if they use an IM dose range as a guide)

yes the erowid report seems to be an overdose with the amount used. I think along the lines of 10-20mg will be a good breakthrough dose. I believe Dondante found 25mg of DMT IVed to be more powerful than 50mg of DMT smoked so it does look to be much more potent than smoking even (let alone IMing).

I was thinking of starting at 8mg to get a feel for it. I haven't tripped since May so I dont know what to expect anyways (always have been a little sensitive to tryptamines).

fastandbulbous said:
There's a trip report on Erowid of somebody UVing DPT and it sounded like it scared them shitless. I think that'll probably be true for most people (esp if they use an IM dose range as a guide)

What, they blasted the DPT off the spectrum and then strobed it into their forebrains? Yer :)

I've smoked DPT several times, though in not such great surrounds. My first proper expereicen of it as smoked base of foil in a art gallery toilet. I was shaking so much that I inhaled roughly a third of half the smoke, the rest clattered silently to the ground- but of 30mgs, I would have got about 18.6 and I was VERY VERY high. It was nice, but paranoiac-ish. Actually, DPT always makes me paranoid....

yeah its intense isn't it...completely different from IMing or insufflation (well i suppose those can get intense too but albeit lacking the speed of onset smoking has).

i really like simple tryptamines with ROAs of quick onset. I think that suits them. Personally I like to be whammed bammed thankyou'd mammed with them, in and out quick-like. The experience is so alien in such intense doses of DPT.

alien
weird
beautiful

to prepare DPT hcl for injection do i just dissolve my dose in a bit of water, filter through cig filter and then into the muscle?

Is there something im missing?

A better solution than water?
Is a wheel filter necessary for DPT?

any other suggestions?

a wheel filter is ALWAYS a good idea for RCs...who knows what is in there really?

I have to add a little bit of heat for it to go into solution though. I usually put it in a vial and heat the water (be careful not to heat too much or it will start to vaporize!). Not even boiling. Then shake. It should be in solution then. Filter into your syringe. BAM!

Delsyd said:
to prepare DPT hcl for injection do i just dissolve my dose in a bit of water, filter through cig filter and then into the muscle?

God no! If you're putting an injection into a muscle, the sterility is much more important than IV as the immune system cat't deal with it as quickly & efficiently as it has a limited blood supply (with IV it's immediately got access to every resiurce of the immune system). Any pathogenic bacteria in there have a lot more potential for causing trouble if they get into muscle. Tend to be anaerobic bacteria, but they can cause septic abcesses & gas gangrene to name but two (abcesses can lead to fatal septicaemia if left untreated). So you have to either use a micron filter attachment or thouroghly filter and then repeat heating of soln to 90'C+ at least twice with about 15 mins inbetween. This helps kill any of the spore forming species, which includes a lot of pathogens like Clostridium perfringens (cases gas gangrene).

I think that's why some people who will use IV shy away from the IM route (personally I'm the other way, never have or intend to IV anything, just IM - has a bit to do with a mini needle phobia where I cannot watch a needle enter flesh. You don't have to look to IM something!)

be careful with the heat. I overheated my first shot of DPT and I smelled DPT vapors in the air, I'm sure I wasted a bit of material.

I shoot it subq since I don't like those chemicals to sit in my muscles (make them sore).

fastandbulbous said:
I think that's why some people who will use IV shy away from the IM route (personally I'm the other way, never have or intend to IV anything, just IM - has a bit to do with a mini needle phobia where I cannot watch a needle enter flesh. You don't have to look to IM something!)

Do you not look at the syringe to aspirate it? Seems like you might get a ansty surprise one day if you take enough shots, by eventually hitting a vein somewhere and taking an unexpected rocket ride, warp 9 straight into another dimension.

fastandbulbous said:
Your assessment sir, is very much true in my case :).