View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DPT+DiPT+Moclobemide: A Second Opinion?

hamhurricane

Bluelighter
I remember someone said that the DPT+DiPT combo was amazing, im attempting it very soon. I found oral DPT (without MAOI) to be pleasant and more manageable than insufflation but wasteful and it caused lasting GI discomfort. with a MAOI i could take it orally and use a lower dose, seems like a good combo, i just wanted to make shure it wasn't dangerous to mix DiPT with a MAOI. The dosage i was thinking of would be: 50mg DPT + 30mg DiPT + 300mg Moclobemide. Can I get a second opinion?

Last edited:
crowbar said:
Doses seem a bit high for a first trial, as well as mixing 2 psychedelics and a MAOI. Why not try out DPT + MAOI, before jumping into uncharted (as far as I can recall) territory?

yeah this exact combo may be uncharted, but i feel like DPT and DiPT are both pretty safe with no overdoses that ive heard of. I did 130mg DPT orally wihout a MAOI and it was not quite strong enough. I could just ditch the MAOI and insufflate the DPT at 50mg combined with a lowish oral dose of DiPT. OR combined the two in a needle and take it IM (i have no idea what the dose on that would be). to be honest DPT orally was not dynamic enough for me i just got the most generic wavey carpet trip. i had a good time but im looking for something really interesting, and im afraid even with an MAOI it could just be an unremarkable experience. A lot of people have amazing DPT trips so maybe i havent explored it enough yet.

I would be concerned about the auditory distortion. I have never experience DIPT and have been loathe to do so, because of its auditory effect. If, like me, music is an essential tool for regulating your trip, it might be asking for trouble to use DIPT with an MAOI. Without MAOI, people have frequently reported that the distortions of sound last on well after the entheogenic aspect has worn off. The combination of DPT with an MAOI is well reported and might be safer ground. I'm sure you have considered all this.
Look forward to a report whatever you decide. Peace - Pipp

I have a feeling that, even if you add a MAOI, any G.I. disturbances will be just as bad - if not worse.

That said, I have done the DPT + DiPT part (click to for joy and the happiness life) and it was one of the most beautiful psychedelic experiences. They synnergize better than any other two psychedellics.

To be honest, I think a MAOI is totally unnecessary.

If DPT causes you too much G.I. discomfort and bothers you nasally, take it rectally. With this method it is a little more effective than orally (although not as effective as other drugs, but thats beyond the point).

PippUK said:
I would be concerned about the auditory distortion. I have never experience DIPT and have been loathe to do so, because of its auditory effect. If, like me, music is an essential tool for regulating your trip

I'm of the lily/mckenna school where i try not to distract myself, or guide the experience with things like music so i can concentrate on my own thoughts, i know this may seem lame but i always feel as if it is the most "scientific" approach. I wish i had an isolation tank.

Jamshyd said:
I have a feeling that, even if you add a MAOI, any G.I. disturbances will be just as bad - if not worse.

really even if its a pharmaceutical one like moclobemide? thats unfortunate. maybe ill try snorting the DPT again, i have to admit i was a little tempted to see if an MAOI would bring out nuances of the DIPT trip that most people do not experience, but thats unlikely.

If such was your intention with the MAOI, well, I found that DPT will amplify the "flavour" of the DiPT. But, at least in my experience, I found that the DPT will be the overpowering one.

As for the GI disturbance, it is generally attributed to 5ht3 agonism, so it happens on a more neurological level.

I find it strange that you have GI disturbances with DPT. I find it to be one of the least tryptamines to cause a bad GI reaction.

i would eat some DIPT and depending on how you felt IM a medium dose of DPT during the trip.

I have some DIPT for months and stilll have not had the oppurtunity to try it....maybe one day soon...

I find it strange that you have GI disturbances with DPT. I find it to be one of the least tryptamines to cause a bad GI reaction
i agree. sometimes i get a little stomach turning similar to shrooms but DPT i get no body discomfort at all. MAybe because I IM it rather than take an oral dose.
I do notice tremors sometimes at high doses, but i learn to channel that energy.

DIPT+ DPT sounds like a good combo....I get INTENSE auditory distortions on DPT alone.

I would leave out the MAOI as well. but that is just my opinion. I fond MAOI to produce MORE nausea and sometimes vomiting

DiPT was definitely an interesting one.

I think my dose was like 40mg... the auditory was nuts... things sounded as if they'd been put through a double reverb. Sounds echoed off of walls.

I DID, however, get some slight visuals... and I have a feeling that mixing DiPT with an MAOI may actually make some hallucinogenic activity be apparent.

Regrettably, I only got to do it that one time. Now I don't even know where to get it anymore. Probably for the best.

Why would you mix DiPT with an MAOI? Why not just increase the dosage a bit to account for any MAO destruction? There's no reason to introduce MAOIs to that experience. In fact, you should be very wary introducing MAOIs in combination with unresearched chemicals...5-MeO-DMT for instance is potentially fatal when combined with an MAOI.

samadhi_smiles said:
Why would you mix DiPT with an MAOI? Why not just increase the dosage a bit to account for any MAO destruction? There's no reason to introduce MAOIs to that experience. In fact, you should be very wary introducing MAOIs in combination with unresearched chemicals...5-MeO-DMT for instance is potentially fatal when combined with an MAOI.

i was going to introduce the MAOI for the sake of the DPT which i would prefer to take orally but i dont have a lot to spare, and i guess its good i asked. Now i will not attempt to mix DiPT with a MAOI, when you say 5-meo-dmt is potentially fatal is that because its such a strong drug and its potetially fatal in the way all hallucinogens are potentially fatal, or is 5-meo-dmt specifically contraindicted when using MAOIs?

I think you are safer not mixing MAOIs with unresearched chemicals, especially in combination and especially with chemicals like DiPT which is plenty potent orally without an MAOI.

From Erowid said:
Contraindications

5-MeO-DMT and MAOIs :
Although 5-MeO-DMT is present in some plants used in ayahuasca and in some ayahuasca brews, Erowid has received several reports of very troubling physical reactions in people who have ingested 5-MeO-DMT with MAOI harmala-alkaloids. There appears to be the risk of severe hypertensive symptoms, overheating, serotonin syndrome, etc. It is important to note that the profile of these risks are not fully understood, because the long history of use of brews containing some amount the two in combination.

A case of a 17-year-old male was reported to us in December 2002. He ingested an extract of Syrian Rue and then smoked an unknown (but large) dose of powdered, chemical 5-MeO-DMT. He quickly became non-responsive and fell to the ground, began convulsing (myoclonic jerking), and his sitter called an ambulance for help. He was found to have had a pulse of 180, blood pressure 200/125, and temperature 106.0 F. These levels are dangerously high. He was minimally responsive but became wildly agitated upon stimulation (even just speaking to him). He was treated with diazepam and transferred by helicopter to a Boston area hospital. The patient may have suffered lasting damage to his kidneys and rhabdomyolysis.

In December 2004, we received an unconfirmed report of a death related to the ingestion of 200mg of 5-MeO-DMT with some amount of "yage" and are currently looking for corroboration.

We have also received some reports from groups experimenting with making pharmahuasca using 5-MeO-DMT who have said that they had much higher incidence of bad reactions with 5-MeO-DMT than with N,N-DMT. They discontinued using the 5-MeO-DMT.

Possible kidney damage and rhabdomyolysis? I did not know THAT.

Holy shit. I would NOT want to experience this while tripping, especially that my kidneys have always been a source of fear for me...

iirc, the fifth methoxylated tryptamines have a slightly different pharmacological action than for instance DMT, DPT, DiPT, etc (they affect a wider range of receptors), but its still prudent to be very careful when combining MAOIs with unresearched chemicals.

Yeah, at least I don't think a lot about things like hepatoxicity, but certain combinations could result in this type of reaction. They don't call em RCs for nothin.

when you say 5-meo-dmt is potentially fatal is that because its such a strong drug and its potetially fatal in the way all hallucinogens are potentially fatal, or is 5-meo-dmt specifically contraindicted when using MAOIs?

5-MeO-DMT has been shown to cause hypertensive crises and the like when combined with MAOIs in full doses. DMT is safe because it's gentler on the body, but 5-MeO-DMT increases heart rate already.

My guess is that DPT would be fine to mix with MAOIs, but I certainly haven't tried it. I would recommend not doing so unless you read about some cases where people did it and it was fine.