• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids dosage for Heroin - novice

elizabetharden

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I've been trying hard to figure out if there is a general daily dosage limit for heroin before OD becomes a risk, I'm sure this also depends on the individual and purity? I can't seem to find this answer using the search tool.

ROA is smoked with relatively strong H, non-regular user with low tolerance.

Some have told me it is very difficult to OD smoking, however I'd like to understand how much it would take before OD becomes a risk on this method for the goal of harm reduction.

I've heard up to 100mg spaced throughout the day is the safest bet?

Many thanks,

Obviously purity is a HUGE factor. You never know if its going to be mixed with fentanyl or even carfentalyl (which is EXTREMELY dangerous). Id start around 5mg dose, you can always up your dose, once you've taken it...you can't "untake" Unless you have Narcan, which still might even not work. Ive had to redose people with up to 8mg of Narcan because the stuff they had was sooo potent.

Have some Narcan on hand, just in case.

Im a moderate opiate user and someone recently suggested this dose for me (5mg). Im IV'ing it though.

Also, if this is your first time using heroin please look at this thread down below. "Should i try Heroin" please read it.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/704633-Should-I-Try-Heroin-MEGATHREAD

It could be really easy to od smoking if it's fentanyl... It's honestly a myth that you can stop an OD by exhaling the smoke making it safer when once and OD happens it's happening and you can't blow out what's causing it.

There really is no safe amount unless you know it is what it actually is. Then it ranges from 10-100 mg depending if it's pure or cut to 10%. I'm just throwing out numbers there's no way to guess what you have where you could have a hot spot bag of pure fentanyl no cut. It's really not something a novice should try without guidance of someone experienced present.

I'll add my dose numbers are more for smoking/nasal as I assume a novice wouldn't be injecting without help. 5 mg of pure groom would be enough for someone who hasn't used before

Why don't you just try snorting it? The smallest bump you can do?

Because if it's fentanyl even a small speck can kill.... I've read countless fent OD reports like that. I see them reported more with nasal than IV actually while I'm not saying one happens more than the other

You can easily OD if you smoke heroin and it's cut with fentanyl.

In this day and age there is no guarantee what a safe dose of street heroin is any more. Some street "heroin" whee I come from is ~20% fentanyl and 80% caffeine, for fucks sake.

If you think just snorting it MIGHT kill you, IVing it will DEFINITELY kill you. Just think about that. IVing is a stronger ROA.