• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Dope WDs from 1 month of use--please help

maneatingmermaidss

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. So my friend has been smoking BT .02-.04 5 or 6 days a week for about 1 1/2 months. She wants stop before she gets into deep. Basically all the post she sees are about long term use and WDs so she doesn't know what to expect in regards to this short usage and WDs and Roa. What can she expect? How long will WDs last? Will it even be that bad? Thank you xx

Welcome to Bluelight :)
I don't think that it'll be that bad, maybe just feeling sick for a few days, like having a cold, some stomach discomfort, but you could take loperamide lowdose if you get the shits and that should be it.
Stopping now is a good decision!

I would advise against lope.... Cold turkey shouldn't be too harsh and honestly a good reinforcement not to get back into it. Loperamide could end up being a stronger opiate in a really bad way that can cause heart problems with excessive use..... It's great for diarrhea associated with going through withdrawals at the recommended doses.

Cold-like symptomps for a few days, than only weakness.
The worst day will be the 2nd without using.

IME it was always day 3 where I felt better but I was always a shooter and I know smoking it doesn't last nearly as long so yeah after two days you'll start feeling better, DONT take suboxone, honestly you should do yourself the favor of a cold turkey detox because 1)it won't be that bad and 2)it will be bad enough that you'll think twice before starting up again knowing that it gets worse every single fucking time.

You may not experience any withdrawal. Most of the time people don't unless they had previous opiate dependence. It takes a while for the brain chemistry to change to where one gets sick.

If you do experience wd,then it will be as others said--mild. Runny nose, sneezing fits, hard time sleeping, restless, possible diarrhea.

As someone mentioned, Imodium takes away most symptoms of wd. You need more than directed, but not insane amount (maybe like 12 mg) don't worry about it constipating you--when in wd with diarrhea it absolutely won't

Mostly your biggest symptom is going to be mental--getting through the craving and desire to use. Your brain will try all sorts of ways to get you to put that feel-good chemical back in your system. You may even have dreams about using. If you have cravings just don't feed them. Remember that a craving is just that--a quick albeit intense thought. Distract yourself; don't sit there reminiscing. Cravings only get power when we feed them

Good job on stopping now. It gets much harder down the road

Update: almost at 48 hrs clean. Slept really bad last night it's mostly the anxiety that's killing me. But .5 mg of Xanax seems to take the edge off. Taking low dosage so I don't start another addiction. When can i expect to feel better? I just want the anxiety and the restlessness to stop.

after three days you'll be out of the woods if not two, you haven't been using that long, its when you have years of addiction under your belt that kicking feels like a never ending hell.

If you are able to sleep-no matter if it's toss and turn sleep--you are lucky. Bad wds simply don't allow you any sleep at all

Use the Xanax. A few day of Xanax is not going to start you on a habit.

Physically, worst is usually day 3,but on some milder wd it has been day 2. Just get thru one more day, and you will start to be on the way up

Take the Xanax to alleviate anxiety, and also so you get some rest

Eat. And stay hydrated. Mostly during wd you have no appetite, but the times I forced myself to eat something I got better faster. Even if you eat some fruit or some cereal. Just eat something. And make sure you are drinking water or Gatorade.

Move around and tire out your body so you sleep better. It'll also get your endorphin production restarted