• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dopamine regeneration after amp binge/ depletion - how long?

Deemgd

Bluelighter
How long does it take for dopamine to regenerate and go back to normal levels after very heavy amphetamine use for a few days? Is there an average amount of time? I went on an adderll binge for a few days using super heavy amounts- 200-300 mg a day-to-day and I'm wondering when things in my brain will get back to normal. Right now I'm finishing day one with no amps and everything is just so dull and depressing.

You?ll feel low for at least a couple days, sounds like your binge was pretty heavy. Depending on how much sleep you got and how well you took/take care of yourself it might be up to a week.

When I used to use meth on the weekend, I would always start feeling back to normal on thursday. Like clockwork. So in my experience, about 4 days.

First time it's pretty quick, a few days, just remember prolonged use pushes it farther and farther away. After I quit meth, was a daily habit for 2 years, it took over a month to feel anywhere close to normal.

It can vary a lot OP. I'm comparatively healthy, do plenty of exercise and eat very well. But after (by comparison to most) pretty softcore low-dose use for about 4-5 months, it took at least 6-8 months before my mood was even approaching what felt like pre-amp moods.