Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

( DOM - STP / 5mg ) First time: Was expecting better

everdrone

Greenlighter
Hey bluelighters!
This is my first trip report ever so forgive me if it's not clear enough or my english is not good.

I'm a male, 17 years old, about 75Kg.
I've done MDMA (11 times), DOC (8 times), Paroxetine, Alprazolam, Diazepam and Delorazepam in the last six months.

I've read a lot about DOx compounds and their potency, plus the last DOC trip i had (with just 2mg + a joint) was really pleasant, i had CEV for the first time in my life and it was awesome. So i decided to buy 25 blotters of DOM (also known as STP) from a trusted dealer.
They are printed on both sides and the front artwork is pretty cool, on the back it says "DOM 5mg".

Exactly two days ago, at this time (about 01:30 am) I decided to try the substance out: placed one blotter under my tongue, kept it there for 20 minutes and then swallowed it.
I was expecting the visuals I had with DOC, a better mind state (you know, serenity, tranquillity and peace) and the amphetamine like effects of course.

(T +02:00) I can see things moving a little but very slightly, no CEV, no OEV and a little stimulation.

(T +03:30) Pupils are clearly dilated and I feel very uncomfortable everywhere, it is a strongly unpleasant feeling that forces me moving everywhere in my room very quickly, I decide to put on some music to chill out a bit and relax. Boards of Canada: my favourite duo, they're the best at ambient/IDM music in my opinion.

(T +04:00) Damn the music is not helping me out, it's weird I don't like the tracks on my iPod right now, I'm gonna wash my face and see if I can calm down a bit.
The amphetamine push is very present and i still had no CEV nor OEV, i'm very sad right now.

(T +04:25) Is this really DOM or is it some other kind of similar substance? why can't I get visuals? is the dosage too low? is the blotter weak? am i sick or something?
I'm feeling very bad right now, I can't think of something positive, I don't like the music I usually listen to, I can't sleep, I can't relax; why the fuck do they call it STP?

(T +05:30) This thing is going on for too long, I am almost sure it's DOM right now but i'm upset for not feeling any of the effects i wanted. Let me check the internet for some trip reports of this evil substance.
Every trip report I read is full of people describing the DOx compounds as very potent speaking of visuals, fractals and geometric patterns but I'm getting none of them; maybe I'll need to increase the dosage next time.. but it's too dangerous.

(T +06:00) Here is when i decide to write a report about this experience. I'm not happy with this.
Every time i took DOC (4mg or 2mg) was not as intense as with DOM and i never had visuals since the last half DOC blotter (2mg). Maybe it was the weed to trigger the CEVs last time.
I find it really relaxing to pet my cat, maybe I should try some higher dosage with a friend next time. Company is what i need. maybe.

(T +06:45) This is never gonna end, I still feel uncomfortable and everything is annoying in my room. I can't sleep anyway, it's too hot in here.. or is it me?
God my brain is boiling, my body temperature must be at 39°C right now.

(T +08:15) Worst "trip" ever, definitively. I'll stop taking notes now, I'm too sad and annoyed.

(T +12:15) Finally the comedown, i think i'll be ok in less than 5 hours, i just have to take a shower and a nap (if I can).

(T +15:30) The shower was sooo good, I needed it but I couldn't sleep yet, I'm getting tired and move slowly but no way I can sleep.
I lay on my bed and listen to an ambient track I made about a year ago, it is so relaxing, I can feel the peace and what had in my head when i composed the track.
The sound of birds singing is morphing a little, the noise from field recording is flanging and the headphones are vibrating at the synth's frequency, it's the first time I really appreciate one of my tracks.

(T +18:15) Ok, it's over. I slept for about 3 hours and I'm still tired but i wanted to take a last note on this first DOM trip. it has gone really bad.

So this is what i wrote while tripping, excuse me if the notes are too short and/or messy.
I am very doubtful about my reaction to the substance, I'm pretty sure it is DOM but the effects i had from DOx compounds were too unpleasant and not as others describe 'em.
Should i try higher doses? Should i smoke weed with it? Am i reacting badly?

What do you guys think about it? Hope you can answer to my questions.
Thanks for reading, and again, sorry for my bad english.

Cheers.

You were concerned it was never going to end and it was only +6:45? Didn't you realize this has a 12-18 hour duration before you took it?

That said, I was generally disappointed with DOM, I have had it a good few times, and never had an experience that even begins to rival my DOC experiences. 7mg was the lowest I ever took it and I had no visuals at that dose, nor much of a trip (though I fell asleep during the come-up and had an intensely lucid dream that seemed prophetic about the end of the world, on that 7mg dose). I have taken it up to 15mg and was still underwhelemed, though I had a load of psychedelic tolerance at the time. Nevertheless, even during those times I could take 4-5mg of DOC and be swept away, with an amazing state of grace at the 12 hour mark when the peak cleared up and I put myself back together.

You were concerned it was never going to end and it was only +6:45? Didn't you realize this has a 12-18 hour duration before you took it?

I knew the compound had such a long duration (very similar to DOC in fact) but the discomfort was so high it seemed way longer than all the 8 DOC trips i had.

So your advice is to take >10mg? that seems a dangerous dose to me, STP (and other DOx compounds) is known for being strongly dangerous at high doses.

My DOC trip was a whole new thing and feeling: the music sounded so good that sometimes I felt kind of energy waves flowing through my head and my arms, the CEVs were the most realistic I've ever seen and all was moving with the music. My thoughts were about how limited the "range" of things humans could dream is and how the psychedelics could have expanded our mind in a near future, allowing the social barriers do get thinner and thinner. It was similar to MDMA for this peace I had in my mind but my way of thinking was recursive and minutes later i was realizing totally different things, it was spontaneous. This happened at about 6 hours after ingesting the substance and went on for an hour or two.
Being my first strong experience with psychedelics it's hard to compare with others, especially the first (and only) time i took DOM.

Hey bluelighters!

So this is what i wrote while tripping, excuse me if the notes are too short and/or messy.
I am very doubtful about my reaction to the substance, I'm pretty sure it is DOM but the effects i had from DOx compounds were too unpleasant and not as others describe 'em.
Should i try higher doses? Should i smoke weed with it? Am i reacting badly?

What do you guys think about it? Hope you can answer to my questions.

Cheers.

Everdrone trust your own experience whatever anyone else says about it. There is a thread on DOM & other trip reports here including mine; lot of people haven't liked DOM at all. It pretty uncomfortable stuff I ticked it off the list & I didn't want to push higher, if you want to is up to you.

Everdrone trust your own experience whatever anyone else says about it. There is a thread on DOM & other trip reports here including mine; lot of people haven't liked DOM at all. It pretty uncomfortable stuff I ticked it off the list & I didn't want to push higher, if you want to is up to you.

I think I'm gonna give it a last try with 7mg or 10mg to see if it was a dosage-related problem.
Also hope to find what everyone finds in DOx compounds or at least to get into a nice relaxing trip like the one with my last half blotter of DOC.

If you found it worrisome at 5mg then it probably isn't for you. DOC sounds like it is for you, as t is for me as well, it's one of my very favorite drugs. I also find it somewhat MDMA-like, but far better and more real.

I hope to try DOM again someday, I never found it uncomfortable, just weird. Every time I took it was during my several years of excessive psychedelic abuse, so it's hard to tell how it will actually affect me without tolerance.

I was ALWAYS interested in trying DOM/STP. It was floating around way before my time in San Fran in 67 STP stands for Serenity/Tranquility/Peace. A lot of people od'd on it then because it took sooo long to come on. If you are in to 60's music check out Jefferson Airplane's song Two Head's live on YouTube and you can see STP written on the guitar. Didn't know you could still get it, only psys im interested in are DOC and the LSZ stuff, and san pedro cactus also plan to be picking shrooms soon from my back yard and saving them for a speacial occaision...not big on tripping really, but love a intense shroom trip every now and again...more of a benzo/opiate/occasional amphetimine/and weed guy....

Done 10mg.
AMAZING trip, will write a report as soon as i can recall all the facts in chronological order.