View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Doing acid alone for first time...

Tortuga

Greenlighter
Aight so I've been wanting to do acid for a very long time but all my friends are pussies. So I'm thinking about just doing it by myself. I drove by a 'restricted area' the other day where I'm assuming they're building new homes but the empty land and forest that they have seems pretty vast and open so I thought to myself that would be a perfect place to take the tab.
I'm interested in taking acid because I want to experience a different side to this reality and ponder about questions pertaining to my existence and life. I honestly doubt I'll have a bad trip because I'm very in control of my own mind, I don't really have negative thoughts or anything like that. Ultimately the goal I'm tryna achieve is to get a better understanding of my true nature beyond my physical body and mind. I've been reading books and doing lots of meditative practices and have come to an understanding that the true self is beyond the mind and beyond the body. My life's been a lot easier and more joyful ever since I started such but I know I can go further lol.
I've been reading about other peoples experiences doing acid alone but most them were in the comfort of their own home. I don't have a problem with doing taking the trip in my basement or something but I want to be surrounded by nature, feel open and free, explore the forest and all that.

Any thoughts, recommendations, or advice for me? Should I bring a sober friend with me or should I trust myself and just go? Things I should bring with me when I go? What should I expect? Anyone experience something similar to what I plan on experiencing?
:)

Welcome to bluelight. I'm going to move your thread.

Homeless -> Psychedelic Drugs

wow, I'm in similar situation of having no one to trip w/, as well as looking for answers to some questions I have. I've done a decent amount of acid and other psychs, but not in at least 15-18 years or so. I ended up getting addicted to heroin and eventually methadone and just sort of had no interest in acid(or anything at all) during this time. Now I believe I've moved on from the "escape" drugs at this point in my life and every month that I'm clean I get more interested in experiencing a good strong trip again.

Umm, what I remember from back in the 90's when I tripped a lot was that who I was w/ seemed to be one of the main factors of how good the trip was. Setting important also, but it seemed if I was TRUSTED friends it really didn't matter what we did - it was fun. But that's not to say I didn't have some very deep experiences alone in my own bedroom either though, IIRC. But not sure if being alone for 1st trip would be good. I guess probably depends on mindset.

Maybe try to have a benzo on stand-by... just in case?

Remove all knifes out of your place, clean up so nothing bothers you, not more than 1-2 hits, have a strong psyche, do not falter if it gets terrible, have your best music prepared, if you are going to have bad feelings, my experience shows that at least for me dreamy instrumental music in slow pace is way better than usual party music or house or any in that direction, which maybe has to do with the music designed to be "beautiful" instead of fun, once i realize things go bad i usually switch to something like joe hisaishi inochi no namaete & so on, name might not tell you anything and it might be boring music for you, but trust me, chances are good that slow dreamy music will help preventing bad experience, i just had a trip yesterday which went.. very terrifying and was able to somehow control the complications with changing music from rock/pop to something like that, and if you are on lsd chances are good that that kind of music will be just amazing to listen to, well at least if you get a good hit.

I recommend you taking 2 hits, simply because most hits are like 50mikrograms, which is nothing, in the 60tys 1 hit was 300, ok, today most people are scared of everything above 150, and it sure can be scary, but you have to ask yourself first if you want to experience LSD how it was originally taken, or how it is taken today in party scene. There is an gigantic difference between hippy era LSD dosage/ dosage of psychonauts and people who just want to have some fun time dancing and so on.

I myself always recommend never to start with half a ticket, a lot of people will disagree because it can be dangerous, but then again, in the 60tys people started with 150-300 mikrogram tickets (which also had to do with lsd beeing like 1 dollar / ticket back then).

I can also recommend you colour, it greatly improves the fun with visuals, like having a keyboard with green backlight alone can be very stimulating, if you have a friend sitting you, then maybe 1-2 torches, if alone refrain from torches.

Tripsitter:

Tripsitter are problematic, 9/10 people might tell you to never trip alone, and its true, if you have a complicated trip, you will think something : i do need help, i will die, i will this/that, and you might run out on the street terrified, well that usually only happens to people that do not know what the hell they are doing, or lost reality completely, which is with 2 hits not really to expect, moreover while your best friend with lots of LSD experience, that you do not have, could maybe help you during such an experience and calm you down, the usual friend without lsd experience will just panick himself, or do the completely wrong things.

Moreover if they have no experience with sitting LSD, they might make it even way worse, i had a trip sitter once, and he was about to call ambulance and stuff, thank god a friend could pursuade him not to do so (he was calling around asking evry kind of idiot for help because he had no idea what to do, and he did receive instructions from me, pages of information of what to do, did he read it ? maybe, did he use it? no.

You might have heard of people ending in the asylum after LSD, well, thats not entirely wrong, however not evryone got "mad" because the LSD, but because they were transferred there by worried friends and parents during the trip, which probably instilled incredible fear and terror into them, moreover the moment they got you there, or take you there, they give you all kinds of sedatives, which is also bad because it stops the experience and makes you unable to finish the problems you are facing, which can lead to you having to fight with them long after the trip, e.g.

Again, most people will tell you to have a tripsitter, but it really can be more dangerous than having none, and i tell you that as someone who trips once evry or evry second week for long time.
If you however really intend to trip outside, having a tripsitter is better, but even better would be having an experience friend you experience it together with, since if you are on LSD hanging out with sober people isnt always that cool, if they have no idea of LSD.

Dosage: Like i said, take 2 Hits, except the source you got it from tells you that the hits are very strong, but even if you get 100 mikrogram hits or 150, it wont kill you, it will just be very overwhelming, but if you really want lsd, thats what you want, since thats how LSD was originally used by hoffman & co, dont make yourself a headache because of what could happen wrong, and remember that even if you feel bad during the trip or are totally scared, after the trip you will better as before the trip, just embrace the trip and dont fight it, i just had very complicated trip yesterday, and i was like having completely mental breakdown, and today i feel better than i did for a long time, because i let the complicated trip happen and am cleansed.

Taking 1 hit obviously reduces the chance of having complicated trips, however those experiences are part of it and there is nobody who uses frequently who never had a complicated (often called "bad") experience with lsd, at least none i know of, however even if those things happen, the tradeoff of having a beautiful trip on higher doses is worth it, since while on 50 mikrogram you just think everything is beautiful and nice, you will think everything is just incredible beautiful and amazing on 100mikrogram.

So yes, take 2, if you tell me the date & time of your trip, i might even be able to give you my number in case something really happens and you need mental help.

Place to Trip:

You said it yourself, nature, - well thats obviously amazing, but please, please be away from people, one reason LSD is forbidden is because there were issues with LSD taken in public, and if you are on LSD in an area where you can encounter just one stranger, it can cause the trip to become really really strange/bad.

Tripping alone on lsd in forrests can be difficult, since you get way easier scared alone if you are unexperienced, especially if it is night, it can just terrify you to death and you will get something like blairwitch project.
When i trip in the outside, i like to do it with hipsters and hippys. And if the trip gets terrifying, you are two people, which helps a lot.

But since you do not have any friend who has LSD experience, thats out of the question for you, which is why i would say you should refrain of going outside on your first trip. Wait 2-3 trips. You could of course just take 1 hit and experience outside quite easily doing that, but then again, im not advocate of starting things on low dosages, because it can end quite bad as well, because you can greatly underestimate the substance and if you get a strong ticket afterwards, get blown away.

I hope i could help.

wow, I'm in similar situation of having no one to trip w/, as well as looking for answers to some questions I have. I've done a decent amount of acid and other psychs, but not in at least 15-18 years or so. I ended up getting addicted to heroin and eventually methadone and just sort of had no interest in acid(or anything at all) during this time. Now I believe I've moved on from the "escape" drugs at this point in my life and every month that I'm clean I get more interested in experiencing a good strong trip again.

Umm, what I remember from back in the 90's when I tripped a lot was that who I was w/ seemed to be one of the main factors of how good the trip was. Setting important also, but it seemed if I was TRUSTED friends it really didn't matter what we did - it was fun. But that's not to say I didn't have some very deep experiences alone in my own bedroom either though, IIRC. But not sure if being alone for 1st trip would be good. I guess probably depends on mindset.

Maybe try to have a benzo on stand-by... just in case?

No benzos, ever.

I never did take them after ages of tripping experience, but i know storys of people that used them to stop trips and they occasionally had lasting mental issues, like feeling terrified even after the trip. You have to remember if you take benzos, you just run away and do not digest the experience, you do not face your problems and chances are good they will come back when you trip again, running away is no option. Also chances are that the cleansing will not happen, thus an complicated ("bad") trip would have no meaning and use at all...

Just be free. Nature or the outdoors is probably your best bet.

You have the right mindset, and with such careful consideration and thoughtfulness I'd say that your own judgment will lead you toward the path you want to take.

All the best.

Hello Tortuga (and hello BL/PD)
If in doubt i'd always go with a tripsitter rather than without one, and do it in nature rather than at home/in an urban environment. With the tripsitter it is important that you trust you will be comfortable around them when things get a little weird, you trust them to keep a cool head when things get a little weird and they're willing to read up a little on the psychedelic experience in general and on how to conduct oneself as a tripsitter.
Do you think you can find somebody like that? If not i would strongly advise against taking your first trip outside alone (or even worse with somebody who doesn't know what to do and starts panicking), i'd rather go with the most familiar and controllable environment: your home.
Regarding the dosage: Azuma is certainly right about the fact that there is a quite a difference between low-dose and high-dose experiences, although i don't see any reason to start out with a high-dose just because people used to do that in the sixties and because people taking lower doses today typically "just want to have some fun time dancing and so on" (how dare they? ;)). This is not a contest on how much one can take. Do you really want do have a strong experience? Then go ahead (after testing your substance and reading up thoroughly). If you're not so sure start low. There is no shame in slowly wading into the water instead of diving in head first.
I hope you have a meaningful and fun experience!

Interesting views on the use of sedatives &/or benzos for come-down. I've never personally had to use anything to "cure" a bad trip, so I have no direct exp. Thnx for the info.

Last edited:
...also if I remember correctly, it do think the bad trips I experienced were the ones that stuck w/ me the most & gave me new perspective on things. Would have been a shame if I took something to "escape" the trip.

Sounds to me like you're feeling pretty confident. Like others said, maybe take a benzo with you in your pocket. Make sure that you have someone you can call on the phone or something, as a precaution as well. Otherwise, sounds like you'll be fine.

Yo thx alot you really did help.
A couple questions though. what do you mean remove all knives lol, i plan on taking a pocket knife and bb gun just incase i run into a wild animal or someone dangerous. the person ima buy off is selling me 1 for 20$ and i know this is a rip off but i might just go ahead and do it if i cant get him to be reasonable. I like your idea on 2 doses though for a stronger/more meaningful trip but even with the one dose im not sure what to expect. Any advice on the trip itself? Like during my peak what should i expect and if i start intensly tripping besides music is there other ways to keep a level calm head. I have a few back ups in case that happens, a couple friends i can call to maybe calm me down, or jUst go back to my car and finish the trip there.
if i bring a trip sitter will my he be able to understand me because ill be in a totally different world than him and probally have profound thoughts and such. ThAnks

I was confused by that comment too, i never felt the need to put away all the knives before taking a psychedelic. But planning on carrying a knife/bb gun for protection? Is this actually a necessary precaution where you live or maybe just paranoia on your part? I definitely wouldn't trip in an environment where that was necessary.

In terms of expectations... try to go in with as little as possible. Sure you can read a lot of trip reports, but those can't tell you what you will experience and even if you happen to experience some common theme you've read about, you'll realize that words just can't do it justice. My best experiences were those where i pretty much just let it happen and didn't think about what was about to come.... i know, easier said than done.

If you feel things aren't going so well: Remind yourself you took a psychedelic drug and the state you're in is only temporary. Don't try to fight the experience or to "cling onto reality", once you're able to relax and go with it things usually turn around quickly (focussing on my breathing always helps me). Also changing the setting can have a huge effect. Switch the lights on/off, turn the music on/off or change it, go outside/inside. If you're outside in nature you can switch from exploring your surroundings to sit with eyes closed and shift your focus to the inside and vice versa. Feeling the ground not only with your hands but with your bare feet has also helped me in the past.

Having some people that you can call is great, but make sure they know in advance you might be calling. If you suprise them with something like that, chances are they will do anything but calm you down. Also make sure your phone is turned off/silent during the trip... you really don't want to get a call from your parents, your boss or whoever in that situation. You asked if a tripsitter will be able to understand you... if were talking about a high(er) dose probably not. But thats not what the tripsitter is there for, his/her only job is to help you feel relaxed and safe (and to be able to call an ambulance in case you break your leg or anything serious like that).

Last but not least, you're planning on driving there, possibly without a tripsitter, trip and then drive back home? What if the dose is stronger and therefore the trip is longer than anticipated? What if you start to feel really uncomfortable in that environment? Do you think you'll be able to just wait it out? Or could you be tempted to drive home while still tripping? Please don't take any chances!

This last part and also the part about carrying a knife/bb gun, would make me strongly reconsider tripping at home.

Good luck!

Yo thx alot you really did help.
A couple questions though. what do you mean remove all knives lol, i plan on taking a pocket knife and bb gun just incase i run into a wild animal or someone dangerous. the person ima buy off is selling me 1 for 20$ and i know this is a rip off but i might just go ahead and do it if i cant get him to be reasonable. I like your idea on 2 doses though for a stronger/more meaningful trip but even with the one dose im not sure what to expect. Any advice on the trip itself? Like during my peak what should i expect and if i start intensly tripping besides music is there other ways to keep a level calm head. I have a few back ups in case that happens, a couple friends i can call to maybe calm me down, or jUst go back to my car and finish the trip there.
if i bring a trip sitter will my he be able to understand me because ill be in a totally different world than him and probally have profound thoughts and such. ThAnks

If you feel the need to carry a knife or bb gun, then that is not the appropriate place to have your first trip. There is no reason to go around hiding your weapons, knives, or guns, but carrying anything for the purpose of protection is going to severely impact your trip in a negative manner. It is important that you trip in an area that is safe of predators, two or four-legged. You always want to avoid any area where you may be forced to deal with police.

My first trip was in nature, in a wildlife preserve behind my house, during the middle of the day. I was with two friends, but I was the only one who knew the woods like the back of my hand. We encountered other people, and that had a negative impact on the trip, but we were able to find a secluded area to sit and watch the clouds and grain of tree bark swirl and dance.

I have had my best trips at home, in my room, with Dark Side of The Rainbow playing in the background. Don't put yourself in harm's way.

Have fun, be safe.

I am passionate advocate of taking psychedelics alone,with other people that constantly distract you and prevent you from traveling deep in your mind,with constantly thinking about how you act,how others percieve you and all that social shit,it takes away 99% of what acid is all about.Listening music alone so you can hear every detail,doing whatever becose no one is watching,relaxing & enjoying closed eye visuals becose theres no verbal burden placed on your brain

Lots of good advice here, in particularly I echo tokezu’s. You sound fairly confident and that will go long way. Just remember to go with the flow. If you ‘fight’ the experience in any way, it can go sideways. The first time doing acid is usually a real blast – it probably won’t be what you expect. The visuals are fun but probably won’t be as crazy as you imagine. To me it’s a bit like drinking with zero loss of coordination and a much more interesting mind state. You may or may not solve any great problems but you will find yourself thinking in very unusual and entertaining ways and enjoying perspectives that never really crossed your mind before.

I’ve always tripped alone, and love both indoor and outdoor settings, but it’s best if you like the place you’re at and don’t have to deal with strangers. My first go was 200 micrograms – a relatively strong trip but it’s in my nature to jump in with both feet and it was a blast. Some tips:

It’s been said before but I can’t emphasize it enough, if for any reason you get uncomfortable, simply change what you are doing. If you are sitting, start moving or visa versa. Having your favorite music on hand is a must. Music sounds glorious on acid and you’ll hear layers you’ve never noticed before.

Bring some fresh fruit. The majority of people who eat fruit rave about it. On my first trip I started to develop some body load (like an uncomfortable nervous energy) and decided to eat a plum. I took one bite and the explosion of juice in my mouth was like a flavor orgasm that sent me into fits of laughter. How could I have lived this long without knowing how good a plum REALLY tasted!

If inside, have some interesting and colorful things to look at. If you’re outside, nature will look after that. Stay warm. Don’t bring a knife or BB gun and if you’re not comfortable doing that, trip indoors.

Most of all, have fun! You’re about to walk through the looking glass……..

Durimg a come up I fimd it helpf to breatheand take a walk or pace. Habe plenty of fluids. Possibly colorful fruit like strawberries or oranges. During a come up u moght feel an odd body high. If it ever becomes too much o fimd it nice to sit and think. Just repeat that nothing bad will happen and u wil be fine. My first time was a 125ish mcg half tab and I shared with my best friend. For tripsitters I had a sober friend who had mich experience with lsd. Although he didn't trip with us the thought that he was there kept me level headed. Once I reached the peak I decided I no longer needed him with me and we went seperate ways. I made sure I had plenty to do. Try sitting in a medatative position and close ur eyes and clear ur thoughts. The sound of nothing insidexur head but nature is a beutiful thing. Have fun be safe

I forgot to add one thing - if you have any hesitation or uncertainty about the dose, you are probably better off doing 1 tab. You've probably read this many time before but it's also important to be sure you have LSD and some idea of the dose. While many tabs today are weak, there are also some that are quite strong and you likely don't want to start with an ego death.

Like auranova says u dont wamt to start with am ego death. Within my 3rd trip I had an ego death experience. It was too soon but never the less a beutiful thing. It is a chaotic confusing thing. When I realized I was reaching a ego death experience I left a note next to me explaining that I might black out. I came to with my friend next to me smokim a j. He immediatley asked if I had reached the other side lol. He wasmt wrong tho

I've never tripped with another human being; just with dogs and cats, including mushrooms, LSZ, AL-LAD, 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-DiPT. I've had a few uncomfortable moments, but that's about it. I was in the most safe and comfortable place I know (my house), with my favourite snacks and beverages ready and 3 or 4 movies ready to pop in the blu-ray. Also had music playlists ready to start.

My animals ground me and keep it cool.

Tom

Guns and LSD don't mix. Never mind the fact you would have fuck all chance of aiming straight while tripping, I can only imagine the mental head fuck actually wounding a wild animal would bring on.

Set and setting. Find a safe place where you can be happy and free from negative thoughts such as "Jesus, I hope I don't get eaten by a mountain lion"