View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does this sound like a san pedro trip?

jozza

Bluelighter
I tried San Pedro for the second time on Friday night. The first time I tried it with a friend, but I'm pretty sure we didn't boil it for long enough and it didn't do a great deal.

This time round was weird... I tried it on my own and I certainly felt it did something, it might have done quite a great deal, and I'm pretty sure things like the ceiling were moving while I was sitting down and looking at things. But I got stuck in this realm of thought trying to work out whether or not it was working or I was just seeing things because I wanted / expected to see them. If that makes any sense. Or perhaps I was stopping myself seeing more things because I was thinking about it so much.

I lay down in bed and with eyes open and when I relaxed and tried to "let go" I watched the patterns on my roof move, but when this was happening I was wondering whether or not I'm just convincing myself this is what I am seeing because that's what I was expecting. Because I could certainly get up, walk around, everything looked normal. It was just when I sat down and looked at things, things looked a little weird. No colours, patterns, or massive changes, so I couldn't "work out" if i was tripping or not.

I felt that if I saw something like that, I would know the mescaline was working and I could stop thinking about it.

I definitely had a massive body high and changes in thinking, as well as some time dilation. And did I mention nausea early on? : P It was an enjoyable experience that's for sure. Sorry to be crude, but I got bored and aroused at one point and "cleaned out the pipes" and afterwards my body felt ridiculously good... i was just lying in bed listening to music and feeling great.

But the "trip" only lasted 6 hours or so, and I heard mescaline lasts longer than that anyway.

Does this sound like I was tripping properly on san pedro, or maybe just halfway there? I was definitely thinking too much, but it was very hard to do anything else at the time

Well, I'm no expert with mescaline...but I just had my first experience with this wonderful cactus the other day...and I can say I was definitely tripping and I knew it. I have a lot of prior experience with LSD and I felt like I was tripping on LSD again. Amazing stuff.

Also, it lasted at least a good 14 hours for me. I wasnt fully tripping that entire time...but even when I was coming down around 4 or 5 in the morning I could still feel it's presence. I can still feel it slightly even today. It seems to hang around...which I like ;)

It can stay as long as it wants.

Honestly I don't find mescaline lasts a really long time. In the past it's been a 6-7-8 hour trip for me.

I think you might be putting too much importance the "cool things you see". It's in your thoughts and feelings where it really lies. If some imagery comes along with it that's one thing but you never go looking for imagery, it'll never come.

Maybe take a higher dose and just go with it, forget about trying to find some visuals and just see where the trip takes you. :)

Threshold effects of mescaline are quite subtle. I know exactly what you mean... My first San Pedro experience was identical to what you described, but I know I was tripping... the textured ceiling was swimming a bit. Not much, but enough to know I wasn't in Kansas anymore, so to speak.

Cheers for the responses guys :) A threshold experience is probably what it was, coupled with my inexperience and expectations mucking things around a bit.

But for all the effort and nausea to just get a threshold experience is somewhat disappointing. I think next time I'll just buy a hit of acid :p

Then when I've had a bit more psychedelic experience, return to the cactus :)

I've boiled 18" (1 and a half clippings) 3 times now and never felt more than threshold effects. I have 18" cut up cactus frozen for one more future attempt. I'll try boiling it longer... 4+ hours... but I'm not expecting it to be any better.

4+ hours isn't that much, if you been doing it for a shorter time I'm not surprised you didn't get much from it. Traditionally it was brewed for up to a day. I usually leave it for about 8 hours - not that I bother making tea anymore.

The tek I followed suggested 2-4 hours after pureeing in a blender. I gave it 3-4 hours each time.

^i boiled 18'', after pureeing, for a little over 2 hours and had a very strong 14 hours trip. i think soo much of it depends on the quality of the cactus, this was very similar for me with mimosa hostilis, took a few batches before i hit the right spot :)

OP, i imagine a lot of the neausea inducing stuff would be there whether the cactus had a lot of mescaline in it or not. as in, you will still get the same amount of neasua inducing stuff but the mescaline content will vary depending on the cacti.

DONT BOIL IT!

Most people who have a lot of experience with this stuff seem to say that any extensive boiling will weaken the effects...which will obviously leave you with a weaker trip. It almost makes me laugh seeing posts saying "we boiled it for 823 hours and hardly tripped...maybe next time we need to boil it longer!!!". Yeah, thats what you need to do. *rolls eyes*

If you want a strong trip...just blend it up with water & lemon juice and drink it straight. No cooking it! Or just eat it raw.

Plants have spirits...and do you think your spirit would be happy if someone put you into a boiling pot of water for hours on end? Probably not.

Yeah I was under the impression that the heat from boiling water will destroy the mescaline. I just eat the skins raw. Also, try peruvian torch. Ime, P. torch is more potent than san pedro.

Yeah I was under the impression that the heat from boiling water will destroy the mescaline. I just eat the skins raw. Also, try peruvian torch. Ime, P. torch is more potent than san pedro.

Bingo. I never boil my cactus. I just extract the mescaline with alcohol or acid/base and don't use any heat.

God I so gotta sneak down the street and hack one off. Living in Lima is pretty sweet. I've noticed Sandy P growin all over the place. And I'm pretty damn sure its the real thing, mostly cause you'll see a piece already having been hacked lol... Plus I've tried making it before.

Now that I live in a 18+ alcohol country, I'm gonna swipe a stalk of cactus and do some alcohol extraction like uniters sayin. No more nastys.

I don't buy that heat destroys it. Mescaline is an unusually stable molecule. Sure any increase in heat will further the degredation of any molecule, but I don't think we have to be too paranoid here

The tek I followed suggested 2-4 hours after pureeing in a blender. I gave it 3-4 hours each time.

I reckon 1 hour is enough, then strain it, then do a second wash - as in add more water to the strained plant matter and boil for another half hour. Once I drank just the second wash to see if it would do anything and it did, so adding it to the final mixture must help!

Then add the two washes and boil them down slowly. I've done this every time and it always works, although I am getting so tired of drinking that stuff, don't think I can do it anymore

Well based on my one experience...where no boiling/cooking was involved...I only ate 7 inches of green flesh and tripped hard like I was on LSD again. None of this "I think I feel something" nonsense. I cant imagine how I would have felt had I done 18 inches! Plus I've done plenty of research both online & discussing it with a few people in everyday life...and the general theory seems to be that boiling it for long periods of time dulls the effects.

If you get good results from boiling it then keep on doing it. But I know I'll never boil this stuff. I'd rather trip hard off a short cutting rather than have to use 18" inches or so and not feel much. To each their own.

Well I'm intrigued by your eating of the flesh, and I accept your stories, I just need more evidence than that.

That said, I'm not against abandoning the boiling method, since it's results are hard to consume, and any other method might be better

So you peeled, and just had the green flesh? How much did you have to consume? The alcohol extraction appeals since it doesn't require chemicals that are hard to access

I've got a E.lageniformis (T.bridgesii) that I hear is more potent, and more peyote like than san pedro. There might not be too much to consume from that..

Technically I didnt "eat" it...it was chopped up and blended w/ lemon juice & water. The piece of cactus I used measured around 7 1/2 inches.

-Cut out the spines
-Removed all the skin
-Cut it into star shaped sections, spread them all out on paper plates, froze overnight
-Next morning put all the sections into big cooking bowl to thaw (save liquid that seeps out)
-Took each section and carved it up on a cooking sheet (save the liquid that seeps out)
-Had a knife with a very sharp tip, just carved around the flesh
-Mostly green flesh with small parts of the white still attached
-Chopped all the parts into small pieces, like you would for cooking a dish
-Combined flesh parts, liquid that seeped out, fresh juice of 1 lemon, & about half cup water
-Blended it in a blender, ended up w/ about a glass & a half, put in freezer to get cold
-Drank half the amount, waited 30 min, chugged rest of liquid

Was it all gooey? I know from boiling, that before the proteins denature, it's really gooey, I can't imagine drinking that.

I might just dry it next time and do an extraction, or dry then crush and just cap the dried powder