Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does The Anxiety ever go away?

Mr_Fluffykins

Bluelighter
ive been off E for 6 weeks,
and like when i was doing E, i started ended up getting anxiety, social anxiety, espeically when i am stoned, the thought of weed makes me feel anxious now, i just wanna know, the anxiety ever goes away?

It's been said many, many times here. Exercise and diet make a HUGE difference and will produce more "good" chemicals and expel the "bad" ones.

I find that 30-40 minutes of vigorous exercise per day (heart rate of 120-140 bpm) does wonders. Increased, healthy appetite. Improved energy and mood. Deep, restful sleep. Also, trying to include a diet of healthy foods helps. I'm a fast-food junkie, but I try to watch what I eat. If I get McDonalds one day, I'll avoid junk food for at least the next 3-4 days. Like MDMA, it's all about moderation.

^ Couldn't have been said better. I will stress though that is took me almost a half year to recover from abuse. I think that the amount of methamphetamine in pressed pills is the main cause of all of this anxiety in users..It is all about moderation too.

man, how much e were doing and how often? ive never really had any lasting problems from ecstasy use personally. i would get depressed 2 days (not the next day, for some reason, although the day after rolling i would be crashed) after a night of some serious rolling, but this never lasted longer than a day. but i never rolled more than twice a month, and even that i considered too much

PARooolller said:
^ Couldn't have been said better. I will stress though that is took me almost a half year to recover from abuse. I think that the amount of methamphetamine in pressed pills is the main cause of all of this anxiety in users..It is all about moderation too.
word. the dirty beans dont help at all. my heavy e use gave me aniexty attacks and now aniexty. Smoking weed sometimes even gives me attacks now. Thats what happens when you are uneducated about xtc moderation. Well said PARoooller.:|

i had a month where i did it three times a week and not usually less then 3 pils,
then i oded on methbombs
thne i took a month off and went to doing it weekly anywhere from 3 to 8 pils

Mr_Fluffykins said:
and like when i was doing E, i started ended up getting anxiety, social anxiety, espeically when i am stoned, the thought of weed makes me feel anxious now, i just wanna know, the anxiety ever goes away?

In a way its nice to know someone's going through the same thing, in a way it's scary...

I haven't touched ecstasy for 2 1/2 months (also gave up weed at about the same time) and my anxiety has barely improved at all. I constantly get nasty rushes up and down my spine, i shake quite a lot and my nerves are terrible. I also feel as though I cannot control my thoughts and feelings.

I loved doing ecstasy and only quit because it seemed to be causing the above symptoms. It only ever happened once when I was on the drug, but during the weeks afterwards it would be pretty bad. Then when it became constant I thought, it's time to stop.

Mr_Fluffykins said:

Well first off, yes it will most likely stop, unless you redicously abused ecstasy, or binged heavily for even a short amount of time but constantly. From what you've said though, it's not the worst case of ecstasy abuse I've seen, so you should be okay. You want to do something that will keep you mind off of the anxiety, that's what I did when I quit coke and started having anxiety problems. Some benzo's would be good if you can control your usage and not start another addiction. I noticed valiums helped me the most, as I was prescribed to them, and still am, but they are only a quick fix, and shouldn't be used for an extended period of time. Eating healthy, working out, focasing on a new hobby with free time, working, and talking to close friends/family about your issues can help a lot. Good luck.

daydreamerskywalke said:
In a way its nice to know someone's going through the same thing, in a way it's scary...

I haven't touched ecstasy for 2 1/2 months (also gave up weed at about the same time) and my anxiety has barely improved at all. I constantly get nasty rushes up and down my spine, i shake quite a lot and my nerves are terrible. I also feel as though I cannot control my thoughts and feelings.

I loved doing ecstasy and only quit because it seemed to be causing the above symptoms. It only ever happened once when I was on the drug, but during the weeks afterwards it would be pretty bad. Then when it became constant I thought, it's time to stop.

I give you credit, you said you loved doing ecstasy, but noticed the bad side effects were too great, and quit. That's very responsible, and a lot of people are stupid and just keep taking more and more.

I would read what I said to the original poster, and follow the advice I gave him. It sounds like you both were getting a lot of tablets with meth in them, which seems to increase the bad side effects, and keep them around a bit longer. I wanted to add as well, taking some vitamins will help a lot as well, and generally make you feel a bit healthier, as in the act of taking them will give you that mindset as well. Any multi-vitamin will work well, preferably one that contains vitamin B-12, along with the rest of the essentials. Good luck to you as well.

it took 3-6 months for the anxiety to go away for me. i still have social problems, particularly when i smoke weed (and this is 5 years later), but i think that may be more me than the drugs....

i second the idea that diet and exercise play a great role in my mental mood.

i do not agree that the meth necessarily has anything to do with it, cause when i was doing lots of E, it very rarely had any meth in it at all.

anyways, hang tight and go to the gym and stuff, you should start feeling better soon.

I suffered anxiety from E use as well as speed. It took about 6 months to notice a difference and even after a couple of years I still sometimes feel like one is going to come on but it doesn't.
I remember driving to work scared of something - Scared of having an attack maybe - and thinking I was going crazy. Just think you do get better and good times on any drug don't last forever.

Moderation!!

i have started to notice a diference already, i went off concerta and onto strattera, and have been completely sober, (no weed) for 2 3 weeks nearly

I can sympathise with you because I'm going through the same sort of thing, except my anxiety has been caused by speed and ice, not pills. It had got to the stage were every single time i had a line I would start to panic, especially when I was in a confined space when I knew I couldn't get out, like the train or a car. What always helps my anxiety is going outside, I always feels one hundred times better when I'm in fresh air. I think going for a run three or four times a week outside could really help. Also, I find my anxiety gets heaps worse when I haven't eaten for ages, and if you have low blood pressure that definitely makes it worse.
It's good to hear that it is getting better, maybe like me you can try and be thankful that your anxiety is making you take better care of yourself!

my anxiety has cleared up a canny bit since i aint took E in 10 weeks, which im glad about because on the comedowns from E, thats when it would hit me, the not being able to breathe normally which would scare me. i intend to stay away from E as well for another 6 weeks at least before i have it again, juss to be careful;)

stay off all drugs for a good while, including weed.
its worked for me, now i just get pissed

anxiety sucks, I get it pretty bad every now and then and I have dropped 3 pills in the last 4 monthes. Thats not a lot but its not 0 either. I think I will be dropping on my birthday at Love and after that I want to take a looooong break.

As said above I started moderating myself after realizing how wrecked I had become from dropping every weekend. My mental state was shot and I still feel as if I have not fully recovered. I pretty much hate what it has done to me but I have to go with it because I can not change it now. I am hoping I can somehow regain the confidence in myself and my previous mind state again.

Sure wish I hadn't abused those wonderful little pills.

Mr_Fluffykins said:

yes it does. maybe 7 years or so ago i Was doing a lot of drugs, including X and pot like yourself. I stopped everything for about 1/2 a year and was back to normal. i started smoking pot again, and the anxiety came back. now, 7 years later ill still take X, Coke, and RC's, but i WONT smoke weed. one of the most common side effects of smoking pot is paranoia (ie anxiety). Im not bashing pot, but its not for everyone. give it a thought.

Yes. It took me nearly a half year of abstinence and a lot less pot smoking to get me there. I've learned my lesson, I thought. But then the other week I bought a gram of MDMA and rolled 3 times in a week (saturday: pure, sunday: LSD+MDMA, thursday: MDMA+ shitload of beer and vodka), lol. but I'll keep the rest for when I find some good psychedelic to mix it with. MDMA doesn't mean that much to me anymore.

I've never experienced anxiety from MDMA. I guess I'm lucky or just feel very comfortable in the environments I partake in.

Offcourse not. MDMA doesn't cause anxiety, it removes it. It's the comedown that causes the opposite, as with all drugs.