• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does tapering actually work?

crisler

Bluelighter
I want to be free from tramadols grip I?ve been addicted for 3 years now it sucks I can?t travel because I don?t wanna smuggle tramadol or drive with packs of it, I can?t drink alcohol ever I can?t do a lot of things I need to.

I want to starting Sunday taper from 300mg to 250 for 4 weeks and do as followed:

250 four weeks
200 four weeks
175 four weeks
150 four weeks
125 four weeks
100 four weeks
75 four weeks
50 four weeks
25 four weeks

Will this 36 week/9 month taper be enough to help me barely withdraw when I go days without it I dream of waking up and not taking it being free. But the withdrawals as I stated last year put me three dark period of hell on earth I can?t handle that. Does tapering rly work the way it seems it should? Anyone successfully do it thanks?

Sounds like a solid plan with those long intervals as Tramadol is also SSRI drug too.

This is actually a very good taper as MrRoot said. Drop it slowly, not for the sake of the opioid WD, that will be uncomfortable but not excruciating like an IV opiate user. The SSRIs are where that slow taper will come in handy. You don't want to do a fast taper from an SRI. I like your strategy, if you can stick with it you will do just fine.

Honestly, I've found that it does NOT. Don't get me wrong - it definitely should work in theory if you're talking about avoiding severe physical withdrawal. It just takes an enormous amount of willpower (for me anyways) to have opioids lying around and not using enough to feel good from them. I always used to say I had a certain amount left for a taper...then I'd inevitably take more and rationalize it some way or else think something along the lines of "oh well, I'll deal with the withdrawal later. It probably won't be too bad if I ...blah blah etc" Then of course I usually DO regret it immensely.

If you really think you have enough self-control and a mild enough addiction to be able to actually stick to your schedule, then by all means go for it! Good luck!