• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Does Suboxone just delay withdrawl

irisdrunkass

Greenlighter
Looooooooooooooooooooooong time lurker, first post:

So the way I surmise it, withdrawl symptoms are like a penance, a fee owed to something greater, a quatifiable amount of suffering I'm due for my drug use and length of drug use.

Is this about right

I've went through withdrawals a few times. The worst was Oct 2019. I was using lots of oxy, and then using subs afterwards to skip the withdrawl. Eventually this turned into just having to use suboxone to maintain. This was about 14 months and then i decided to taper down the subs to jump off, I went from 2mg a day, to 1mg, to .5mg, to .25mg and then jumped. It was living hell. 14 days in and i was still cold sweats/restless leg, couldn't sleep. I only took a week of PTO from work to do this so that was REAALY bad. Around Week 3.5 I started to feel someone normal, I would say I wasn't actually back to nomral until 3 months. Suboxone is the DEVIL....straight up.

Recently, for a year straight, I've been smoking those mexi blue fentayl pills off the street. a LOT of them...A LOT. I'd say 15 a day on average for 6 months, 10 a day for the first 6 months. Until last week I binged a bunch on Sept 29th, 2023, and had 3 left, used 2.5 on Sat, and .5 of them on Sunday and then that's it. Been in withdrawl since about 8pm on Sunday night (Oct 1). I had a friend goto a 5 day detox in Seattle and come back with a buttton of medication, and they put him on subs. OK subs = devil to me. He gave me a bunch of his. Seoquil, muscle relaxer, anti-nause etc etc, and I've been basically in a nice coma sleeping for days.

But last night it got particularly bad, and I took 1mg and then another 1mg of subs. I don't think it was full on preciptated withdrawl, but it hit me. My body was in nots i couldn't sit still, i basically had to stretch ever muscles i posses....It was hell. Somehow I fell asleep around 3am, and I woke up at 1:15 pm today feeling fine.

So my big question. When this sub wears off, and I going to go back to experiencing the WD symptoms of the fentanyl pills? Does subs/bup just "delay" the inevitable? Or am I passing thru my fent wd's as we speak even though I can't feel them?

I will not take anymore more subs for any reason, IDC how bad it gets. the WD's up until I took them were really mild with all the drugs and the seroquil/klonopin, and all the sleep. Restless leg is all I care about. I'd rather shit and piss out my eyeholes then have restless leg syndrome.

So yes are WD's something I owe as pennance, that suboxone just delays, or am i progressing on my fentanyl withdrawls while this sub is in me?

Cheers loves, all of you, Been reading here since day one

PS; I have a very high functioning job, 180k a year....so any kind of traveling detox/rehab is out of the question...but I also proclaim to myself that I have decent willpower and when I stop something, I stop it. Ive never submitted to cravings or anything. I quit drinking this way, I quit meth this way bak in the 90s. etc etc

The short answer is yes, regardless how anyone wants to get off government dope or cartel dope, they will always need to pay the piper in the end.

My experience with fent over the last few years (17 years total as a junkie mostly banging real heroin till it disappeared in the illicit local open air markets by me) leads me to believe trying to induct on subs is worthless. Even 96 hours after my last use I would still be thrown into pw’s. And I’m a relatively healthy person.

So I said fuck it and just cold turkey’d off a 1-2 bundle a day habit of the shit.

I was in acute wd for 12-14 days, maybe a couple days after that with some lingering effects. To date, it was the worst I’ve experienced, as I’m not getting any fucking
younger for sure.

I only had some cannabis for relief (legal here) which may or may not help other people, but it definitely helped me.

I’m a few months down the road now, and while I still have off days, I do have to say my life has improved immensely.

I can’t tell you how to go about your life and withdrawals, but that’s how I’ve done it dealing with fent.

Stay good.
Fair winds and following seas