• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does significant weight loss make a methadone maintenance dose stronger?

Bomb319

Bluelighter
Basically the idea is that if the methadone dose is stable but too low for me, losing a significant amount of fat could make it stronger and more effective in my case, with a lower total body fat? To make that clear, if I lost a bunch of weight, would my current dose of methadone be more effective since my body weight would be lower? Or could it even make it worse and seem as though my dose were not enough since it's so strongly attracted to and stored within fat in the first place?

Thanks, all.

No. Tolerance would catch up in a matter of days even if it was immediate wieght loss like lipo suction or something

Basically the idea is that if the methadone dose is stable but too low for me, losing a significant amount of fat could make it stronger and more effective in my case, with a lower total body fat? To make that clear, if I lost a bunch of weight, would my current dose of methadone be more effective since my body weight would be lower? Or could it even make it worse and seem as though my dose were not enough since it's so strongly attracted to and stored within fat in the first place?

Thanks, all.

Personally I lost 1/3 of my weight a few months ago and almost died. Anyways I was on 72ish mg of methadone and it was making me extremely high when it wasn't before I got sick. I went down to 54mg pretty quickly and As I was loosing weight as I was tapering the methadone was still getting me high until until about after a week on 54mg.

But I also have gastroparesis which plays in role in all of As well.

Below 50mg is when the tapering gets tougher . That's when the sleep problems start usually.

No. Tolerance would catch up in a matter of days even if it was immediate wieght loss like lipo suction or something

For all intents and purposes, no, it will not be stronger.

Maybe some short term increase in strength (like 5% stronger at most) but over a couple weeks there would be no difference.

After a couple weeks, whatever day you have in your body essentially becomes saturated. Thereafter, the amount of fat you have won?t change the strength of dose.