• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids does showering or eating mess up an opiate high?

Jt723

Bluelighter
Im in mehadine feelin super good but kinda sleepy. wlll a shower and some food just destroy the "high" or effects?

For me, not really. But if I want to feel the high to the max, then I need to lie down and focus on it. Doing anything that requires focus and attention, will take my mind off how high I am, but it won't kill the high.

at times eating something actually got me MORE high. actually that pretty much always happens, but then again, i dont eat all that much to begin with, so it might just be feeling the satisfaction of having finally eaten something...

showering never had much of an effect, but id say if it ever did it would tend to be more towards minimizing thr high.

i agree w/ the above - laying down increases the nod while being up and about pushes it more to the back of my mind

I was just thinking about this recently.

In my experience, a shower will reduce my nod/high a lot. As far as eating, like toothpastedog said, it can enhance the high sometimes, especially if I take opiates orally.

Not so sure about eating after taking opiates, but usually if you eat a big meal right before taking opiates it delays the effects of the opiates and sometimes makes the feeling much weaker. So its better to give it at least two hours after eating. But also what you eat makes a difference too, if you eat some really fatty foods like a bowl of ice cream then it can help with the absorbtion and even increase the effects of your high.

I've have even had second wave of rush from drinking a glass of grapefruit juice or a big glass of creamy milkshake and this was like 30 minutes AFTER having already taken the opiates so you'd think it wasn't possible to get any further effects when its already in your blood stream but suprisingly it makes a difference and I think its because of the residual opiates left in your gut that are still slowly being aborbed

^ Keep in mind certain types of grapefruit juice are reported to be good potentiators for opiates.

I always found the pleasure in opiates the background buzz and just having that sense of sheer wellbeing and pleasure while you're going about your normal routine. Taking so much that you're nodded out laying around seemed like a waste to me.

None of these activities reduce the high physically, but I mean you focus more on the feelings in your body if you close your eyes and sit in one place vs. doing things.

both showering and eating sobers me up from any drug usually. Showering, however, is great for opiates. The water feels soooo good. I wouldnt recommend eating, that will usually bring down the effects.

both showering and eating sobers me up from any drug usually. Showering, however, is great for opiates. The water feels soooo good. I wouldnt recommend eating, that will usually bring down the effects.

It's weird but this is so true for me too. If I eat right after opiates, it kills the euphoria, and I feel more or less sedated, though the high sort of comes and goes in waves. If I shower, it's not as bad, but when I get out of the tub, I usually feel kind of dizzy and weird.

I always eat and shower first.

I used to take oxycontins regularly and was told (and I think I believe too) that eating fatty foods increases the effects of the drug. Personally, I have a thing for queso (pure cheese) and when I'm high and eat it, I feel so good!

Sir, this reply was one of the more spot on replies I've read on this site. Too many people are trying to get high instead of just having to get thru a 10 hour work day. Thank you!

Ime, doing anything kills the high. I have to take a relaxing potition and think about nothing to realy enjoy it. But no, food wouldn't be that much of a problem.

I feel if you move around to much, like walking etc the high is less potent and shorter.

For me, sometimes eating makes it more intense, but sometimes I feel it less. Showering I would have no clue about, but I know having a bath while high makes you feel kind of normal until you get out the bath again and it's back to normal.

I can safely say No, it shouldn't make you're buzz any less noticeable.

I myself, as a person who uses opiates almost exclusively for productivity and work purposes, I like to have all of the little things like showers done BEFORE I actually dose. That way I have 4-6 hours of uninterrupted time where I can be productive in whatever way I choose.
So my typical evening schedule goes like this..at about 10pm this starts a little like this; 1.) Shower 2.) Brush teeth 3.) Take Adderall(sometimes, mostly after long days) 4.) Tune guitars 5.) Make a song list to save time 6.) Make tea 7.) Repeat#4, and last but not least number 8.) Take my opiates of choice in my dose of choice....Relax with hot tea, music for the first 30 minute come-up (the best part) then after 30-45 mins of chilling and feeling good i'll get up and start doin my thang, ya dig?

This way, I don't have to worry about any little interruptions or nussiances that may arise. Sometimes you ignore you're environment until you take your dope & start to feel better...then notice your house is a mess, lol. I hate that....so I clean the house up, have everything I need for a good, smooth running, good-timin' night of chill productivity.

THAT WAY, I don't blow my buzz by getting angry and all bent out of shape because X little easy-peasy every day activity is taking me forever, or otherwise just in my way, frustrating me, or all around fucking with my good vibe.

That's why, for me, it's essential for me to have everything in order, BEFORE I do drugs...

Methadone isn't very special anywho, so I say go ahead and take that shower...

I think that would more so be a placebo with the showering and eating thing

I think that would more so be a placebo with the showering and eating thing

Definitely...I know on Short-acting opiates I would sure be livid about wasting 10 minutes of my 4 hour-ish buzz in the shower, lol....all the anger might ruin the buzz, idk. But on long-acting stuff it's all good..

Just don't forget to burp after you eat, ya dig?

Showering won't mess up the high
Eating should only mess it up if you're taking the opioid orally

Never happened to me. I overdosed on codeine and took a cold shower - I was having hot flashes and coming out in hives and everything. The shower seemed to solve everything, kinda like the cold bath technique if you od on heroin - like Jim Morrison (only he died lmao). After the codeine was all morphine and C6G I was fine, no problems and a decent high. Later that night I unded up in the ER with low blood pressure, but that's not related to the shower. I did try to eat something after that, but I threw it straight back up, so I didn't get a chance to see if it didn't help, but I would assume oral use of opiates would kick in slower if you ate, but after you'd digested everything and metabolised it, it wouldn't matter if you ate something.