• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Does mit percentage really matter?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
So, I used to base my purchases of kratom off of mit %, but I read that if the mit % is low to mid then there is more room for the other alkaloids, but I am not sure where I stand on this.

Does mit% really matter? Or do you generally just go for freshness and quality control?

I think it does matter, but obviously it's not everything. It's a decent way to judge POTENCY, but not QUALITY, if that makes sense. A lot of my favorite batches from the last few months don't have the highest mit %.

However a lot of vendors use it to mislead people in some ways. For example, one vendor I use includes other alkaloids like paynantheine, which is a mitragynine derivative, in the mit%. So it'll say 1.9% mit but it's really 1.5% mit and 0.4% paynantheine.

And obviously some vendors just straight up lie about their mit %.

But me, I'd always go for quality, characteristics, and freshness over mit %.

I think it does matter, but obviously it's not everything. It's a decent way to judge POTENCY, but not QUALITY, if that makes sense. A lot of my favorite batches from the last few months don't have the highest mit %.

However a lot of vendors use it to mislead people in some ways. For example, one vendor I use includes other alkaloids like paynantheine, which is a mitragynine derivative, in the mit%. So it'll say 1.9% mit but it's really 1.5% mit and 0.4% paynantheine.

And obviously some vendors just straight up lie about their mit %.

But me, I'd always go for quality, characteristics, and freshness over mit %.
Well, I went ahead and ordered from two new vendors and one has mit at about 1.4 to 1.5 and his red is only .97 BUT he is very reputable for transparency legit lab tests and freshness. But I guess some people say that lower level reds tend to leave more room for muscle relaxing alkaloids etc.

I like my current vendor but I just want to start rotating my vendors here and there.

For example, I think alot of vendors are blending strains and calling it a new strain and not telling people. Probably why there’s so many different strains from some vendors. Some do though. This vendor is transparent about it. Some are obvious like yellow and golds, but others like names like white octane or something like that is actually a blend.

Technically it matters, but in practice it only matters to the extent that those who are reporting these numbers are being accurate and honest. Thus its hard to shop around based on these numbers.

There are a few vendors that i *think* are reporting accurate and honest alkaloid contents, but big emphasis on think as i have no idea.

Technically it matters, but in practice it only matters to the extent that those who are reporting these numbers are being accurate and honest. Thus its hard to shop around based on these numbers.

There are a few vendors that i *think* are reporting accurate and honest alkaloid contents, but big emphasis on think as i have no idea.
That’s kinda exactly how I feel at this point. Ya know Reddit kinda sucks for kratom reviews. It seems like favored companies on Reddit are just dependent on waves of fads. Like fashion. What’s in now? Who’s the coolest new kid on the block, etc.

There are some vendors that seem to have really fresh, transparency, and quality leaf yet they’re not lying about their mit % and yet people rave about some new vendor that has no COA and just a mit % by each batch. It’s so freaking hard to find a good vendor without trying it yourself. And the old school companies that used to be number one on Reddit and have been around forever (small batch) and have COAs that appear to be recent and unadulterated yet lower mit% get posts like “ X vendor didn’t hit for me. There products suck now” etc.

K I’ll stop bitching now lol. I just don’t know where else to go for vendor recommendations. Obviously we can’t do that on bluelight which sucks in a way because I trust people here a hella lot more.

Anyway, I am trying two new vendors out ( new to me not new at all to industry). So we see I guess.

I just don’t know where else to go for vendor recommendations. Obviously we can’t do that on bluelight which sucks in a way because I trust people here a hella lot more.

Anyway, I am trying two new vendors out ( new to me not new at all to industry). So we see I guess.
Read all the kratom threads ( which you are probably doing anyway) and then pm those members asking them what they use and what their favorite brand is. @Snafu in the Void will probably give you some good suggestions. Others will too as you aren't asking for sources as kratom is readily available.....you are simply looking for recommendations. No crime in that.

Don't bother messaging me because I just use cheap headshop kratom and that's not what you are looking for. I'm probably taking what others would deem as crappy kratom. Most people look down their nose at smokeshop stuff. Crappy Kratom isn't a vendor as far as I know. :ROFLMAO:

NOOOO. Reminds me of around here where weed is legal, but the packages can't have anything on them other than thc percentage so everybody is now judging weed based off a number on a bag. A number which is, one of many alkaloids contributing to the high, and that which can be and is, often misreported..

I haven't taken Kratom in years and I never remember it being labelled like this, so this info might be out of date but didn't I hear 7-hydroxymitragynine is more responsible for the high anyway? ( by way of it being more potent, despite there being less of it)

I hear 7-hydroxymitragynine is more responsible for the high anyway? ( by way of it being more potent, despite there being less of it)
It's responsible for a portion of the sedative and opioid effects, but any amount listed from testing is almost irrelevant. Kratom devoid of 7-OH would still be good.

The amount of 7-OH produced by your liver after ingestion via mitragynine metabolism far exceeds any amount found in the plant, which is already small (<0.01%... usually closer to 0.005%).

So high mitragynine % would also lead to higher 7-OH % in vivo.

Mitragynine metabolism is incredibly complex , has a 2nd higher plasma peak after the initial peak (similar to LSD). It has a multi stage and multi route metabolism which we still don't fully understand.