• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Does Lorazepam work with Codeine/Ibuprofen?

Forever Changes

Bluelighter
I have some Lorazepam tablets and I honestly can't say they do much, even when I take a higher doses than recommended. One thing they seem to do is suppress my appetite and make me feel a bit nauseous the following day, so not great.

I've bought some Ibuprofen/Codeine tablets (12.8mg). Would combining them do anything? And how much?

I new to this so any advice is appreciated :)

It would.... It could easily cause respiratory depression to the point it kills you. That being said those are very low potency compounds even though they can create just a strong effect as other opiates and benzos. It is not recommended to combine them, but if you do remember:

1. Dose low on both. You can always use more never less.

2. Don't take this combo alone first time because if you fall asleep and develop that respiratory depression you will die.

3. Keep narcan around if you can. If not place a note next to you stating what you took in case you fall asleep so if someone finds you blue lipped and calls for an ambulance they know what to tell them. Hell write instructions to call emergency services if you're found unresponsive. If it's not needed great you won't let anyone see it, but it's better to be safe then sorry.

That being said I can't recommend you combine them as you don't sound responsible enough to know your limit.... Sorry if you take offense, but I'm honestly trying to save your life and prevent you from developing a taxing habit or even two. Look up opiate/benzodiazapine dependency and withdrawal. If you still want to risk using after that go ahead, but trust me you'll regret it and not know what you are getting into.

It would.... It could easily cause respiratory depression to the point it kills you. That being said those are very low potency compounds even though they can create just a strong effect as other opiates and benzos. It is not recommended to combine them, but if you do remember:

1. Dose low on both. You can always use more never less.

2. Don't take this combo alone first time because if you fall asleep and develop that respiratory depression you will die.

3. Keep narcan around if you can. If not place a note next to you stating what you took in case you fall asleep so if someone finds you blue lipped and calls for an ambulance they know what to tell them. Hell write instructions to call emergency services if you're found unresponsive. If it's not needed great you won't let anyone see it, but it's better to be safe then sorry.

That being said I can't recommend you combine them as you don't sound responsible enough to know your limit.... Sorry if you take offense, but I'm honestly trying to save your life and prevent you from developing a taxing habit or even two. Look up opiate/benzodiazapine dependency and withdrawal. If you still want to risk using after that go ahead, but trust me you'll regret it and not know what you are getting into.

thanks, I'm not trying to develop a habit, just looking for advice on safe doses and methods. As I said I'm new to this, and yes I try to be as responsible as possible

I know the codeine is in small doses because you can only buy it combined with ibuprofen or paracetomal in my country, so I guess it won't have much effect and I'm not willing to take large quantities

what kind of effects does benzo/opiate combination have (provided it's used responsibly)? Does it increase euphoria?

Last edited:
To be fair, many people, and that includes me, weren't out to become habitual users either.

To be fair, many people, and that includes me, weren't out to become habitual users either.
Shit I know I wasn't.

Anyways to the op. Don't expect little effect that's how you can screw up. I can't describe the effect, but it's very sedating. You may not like it if you prefer kratom as l prefer the opposite. Just go slow buddy you should be ok just be aware of the risk so if you notice that it's becoming much you can ask for help. Just again have someone with you the first time you try the combo and start low. Codeine usually starts about 15-30 mg as far as dosing, but again even though it's not as potent and takes more mg to create effect that does not mean the effect will be weak.

The most I would say you should risk is 30 mg codeine and 1 mg lorazepam preferably in doses of 15 mg max codeine and 0.5 mg lorazepam. Just to learn the effect before attempting to go further with it, which I don't recommend.

Shit I know I wasn't.

Anyways to the op. Don't expect little effect that's how you can screw up. I can't describe the effect, but it's very sedating. You may not like it if you prefer kratom as l prefer the opposite. Just go slow buddy you should be ok just be aware of the risk so if you notice that it's becoming much you can ask for help. Just again have someone with you the first time you try the combo and start low. Codeine usually starts about 15-30 mg as far as dosing, but again even though it's not as potent and takes more mg to create effect that does not mean the effect will be weak.

The most I would say you should risk is 30 mg codeine and 1 mg lorazepam preferably in doses of 15 mg max codeine and 0.5 mg lorazepam. Just to learn the effect before attempting to go further with it, which I don't recommend.

thanks for the advice. What about Codeine by itself - will that have any recreational effect? Unfortunately it's combined with worthless Ibuprofen, but I could try maybe 3 tabs (36 mg)?

I was quite a regular Kratom user and although it could be hit-and-miss, it was often quite pleasant - although it was often tricky to get the dose right and hit the sweet spot. Nonetheless, that's out for me now, and I hate alcohol and have vowed never to start drinking again, so I'm left with few options. Lorazepam by itself doesn't seem to have much effect.

I'm pretty much a noobie to all this - I really just want to have something to make me feel good after a long day's work, and obviously be as safe and responsible as possible

I read somewhere that opiates could enhance the effects of benzos (or vice versa), so I came here to research it

OK I'm going to take 4 Ibu/Codeine pills (total: 51.2mg codeine/800mg Ibuprofen) on a reasonably empty stomach and see what the effects are

(I wish there was a way of taking it without the Ibuprofen, but I guess they combine them to deter abuse)

Codeine by itself is great. It converts somewhat into morphine (like 5 mg per 30 on average I think, but some convert none and some convert twice that much). I struggle with chronic pain so I use opiates daily. You will like them a lot, but the problem is the dependency, which trust me when I say you do not want to develop one.

Look up cold water extracts for taking multiple pills... Taking a lot can be harmful, but if you already done it then it won't kill you although the 30 min prep time max for a CWE is more than worth the HR

Codeine by itself is great. It converts somewhat into morphine (like 5 mg per 30 on average I think, but some convert none and some convert twice that much). I struggle with chronic pain so I use opiates daily. You will like them a lot, but the problem is the dependency, which trust me when I say you do not want to develop one.

Look up cold water extracts for taking multiple pills... Taking a lot can be harmful, but if you already done it then it won't kill you although the 30 min prep time max for a CWE is more than worth the HR

thanks for the info. I'm no chemist, but if it's a simple procedure I might look into it. Do you have some recommended links on how it's done?

In this country Codeine is sold combined with either Ibuprofen of Paracetemol (acetaminophen). Paracetemol is very dangerous to your liver so I would never consider taking it. I think you can also buy dihydrocodone OTC in some places.

the only reason I asked about combining with benzos is I thought that it might potentiate the euphoric effects, rather than the sedative effects which I don't care too much about.

Not being too experienced with Opiates I don't have much to compare with, apart from kratom which I found variable at best

It happens within the body. It's definitely possible outside the body, but we can not discuss that here. With a little research you can educate yourself.... Not just you can, but should. You need to understand what you're putting into your body and how it will affect you or you'll screw your life up not get high.

I made a mistake... Thought you were asking to convert codeine to morphine and not how to do a CWE. It's simple

1. Crush pill and dissolve in room temp to lukewarm water.

2. Put it in fridge until sediment stops forming on the bottom.

3. Pour through a coffee filter no less

4. Drink

I know it works with tylonal not so sure about ibprofun.

it's been 2 hours and I can't say I feel much except perhaps a slight grogginess.

I'll try the CWE method next time. I'll do search and see if I can find a method for Codeine/Ibuprofen pills

You probably won't get much more increasing the dose. Honestly I find smoking good cannabis with it the best. Try using 30 mg max next time (if I can notice 60 mg and get out of withdrawals somewhat not completely you can easily get effect from half that) then smoking some herb an hour or two in.

Give it some time too it might creep in. It's a prodrug so it needs to convert before it works unlike morphine that passes through as is

You probably won't get much more increasing the dose. Honestly I find smoking good cannabis with it the best. Try using 30 mg max next time (if I can notice 60 mg and get out of withdrawals somewhat not completely you can easily get effect from half that) then smoking some herb an hour or two in.

Give it some time too it might creep in. It's a prodrug so it needs to convert before it works unlike morphine that passes through as is

I don't smoke cannabis and wouldn't know where to get any anyway. I don't have connections like that unfortunately. All I've got is the Codiene/Ibuprofen pills, and the Lorazepam - but I'm not going to mix them after your warnings

I'm interested in trying the method to separate the Codeine/Ibu. Will get some coffee filters tomorrow. Thanks

Yw.... I'm sure you know some people who smoke that skunk weed they call in your parts if I'm not mistaken. Skunk is really a strain, but a certain area calls it ultra potent indoor weed. I'm sure they would trade some for a couple vals

why? Do they act as a potentiator?

Well, the interaction risk is pretty strong. Codeine and alprazolam. Using narcotics that also cause central nervous system depression can lead to serious side effects including respiratory distress, coma, and even death. The risk is very high. It's basically kind of like "speedballing" your body is feeling one thing..up and entergic from the narcotics...then when you duo it with a benzo..it brings you down and relaxes you. When you mix the two...your mind becomes confused and as stated above...leads to serious side effects. I would choose one or the other

Last edited: