• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Misc Does hummus show up on roadside drug tests in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
Would eating a kebab while driving cause one to fail a roadside test?
Do they only test for tabouli and/or the metabolite hummus?

My understanding is they test for methamphetamine (which includes MDMA) and THC. I think some states test for Cocaine. By following this logic, dexamphetamine shouldn't show up. I am not confident enough in that advice to risk it myself though.

Hi mate - everyone is pretty hit and miss with this.

FWIW i've been tested 3 times and consumed atleast 20mg in the morning.

Also take around 30mg daily, nothing came up???

However ive had friends who have tested posive with only dexies in their system and been charged. Good luck, stay safe and happy <3

^ What kind of tests do you guys/gals have over there on the roadside? Are they buccal swabs ? Obviously they aren't gonna make you pee ( or draw blood ) on the side of the road.

Do they set up roadblocks and all of the sudden you are driving down the road and you run into one? I know they have that stuff over here but I have never encountered one. Is it mandatory that you take their test or lose your license for a certain period ? What happens if you test positive....do they arrest you right then and there? Get a ticket to appear in Court?

Just talking drugs here....not alcohol. Getting busted for DUI on alcohol pretty much means a car ride in the back seat. For most places anyway.

I mean you might have it in your system but you may have taken a stim, benzo, opioid the previous day and be fine atm. Does the buccal swab just test for the presence of substances in your mouth to try and determine when you used last? Like residue in your mouth or something.

Seems to me these roadside tests would be rife with complications. Do the majority end up paying fines or do they fight the positive results and win? Seems to me with false positives happening all the time a lot of people fight it.

I mean if you're fucked up on something and driving down the road like a lunatic.......yeah. Expect to be pulled over. But if the cops have to set up roadblocks to catch people driving fine and just want to bust them for drugs.....what a crock of shit.

if you get nabbed for methampheamine - immediate court date, stress for months, hopefully section 10, and a fuckload of money wasted.

I always eat, drink - drink menthol before driving if i've been smoking. (Luckily i've been scripted dex) so its fine for me.

My friend just got off with a decent lawyer - costed him an arm and a leg.

Look... i get it - a couple dex is gonna make your driving BETTER.
But coming down off 100 WONT. lol.

Good luck man.

^ What kind of tests do you guys/gals have over there on the roadside? Are they buccal swabs ? Obviously they aren't gonna make you pee ( or draw blood ) on the side of the road.

Do they set up roadblocks and all of the sudden you are driving down the road and you run into one? I know they have that stuff over here but I have never encountered one. Is it mandatory that you take their test or lose your license for a certain period ? What happens if you test positive....do they arrest you right then and there? Get a ticket to appear in Court?

Just talking drugs here....not alcohol. Getting busted for DUI on alcohol pretty much means a car ride in the back seat. For most places anyway.

I mean you might have it in your system but you may have taken a stim, benzo, opioid the previous day and be fine atm. Does the buccal swab just test for the presence of substances in your mouth to try and determine when you used last? Like residue in your mouth or something.

Seems to me these roadside tests would be rife with complications. Do the majority end up paying fines or do they fight the positive results and win? Seems to me with false positives happening all the time a lot of people fight it.

I mean if you're fucked up on something and driving down the road like a lunatic.......yeah. Expect to be pulled over. But if the cops have to set up roadblocks to catch people driving fine and just want to bust them for drugs.....what a crock of shit.

We have a TV show based on it!!

It's interesting but really annoying because they do the test and then cut to an ad break. They test for meth and cannabis so I play this game trying to guess yes or no and which substance heh.

Dexamphetamine absolutely does not show up on a roadside drug test. They test for methamphetamine, MDMA, and cannabis.

Yes I think it is very classist that they do not test for cocaine.

I disagree strongly with the drug testing window for cannabis. People are safe to drive relatively soon after smoking, within 6-8 hours at maximum.

MDMA I dont know enough about how the drug works to pass comments on this.

Meth I think the 48 hour window is legitimate and necessary. I use meth, and I know I am definitely still impaired from sleep deprivation up to 48 hours after use, maybe slightly even the next day. With meth it is important to remember they're also testing you for the fact that you will be impaired by sleep deprivation 48 hours after consuming it which is equivalent to being over the legal alcohol limit.

Anyone who tells me they're a good driver on meth or coming down from it is having a laugh. When I was a heavy user of multiple substances in 2017 I thought very little of getting into my car and driving to where I needed to go (often to get more drugs) because I just figured I'd never get pulled up. When I sobered up I got into my car 4 days after my last use of meth and it suddenly hit me I'd been driving under the influence all year without a care in the world and I felt a deep sense of shame because I could easily have killed someone. As I got into the car I realised the only way I could live with the guilt of doing something I viewed as so morally wrong was to swear on my life I'd not do it again.

7 years later and if I want more drugs I will wilfully drop $40 on an uber to get there and back safely without putting any other road users in danger or if I need to get home from work within the 24-48 hour window again it's an uber for me. I'll wear the extra cost to not feel the shame and the guilt.

If dexamphetamine showed up in roadside tests in Australia, prescribers would have to issue letters of approval stating that the person in question is legally prescribed that specific stimulant and hence they may test positive on a roadside test. As this does not ever happen (which I know as I'm prescribed it) and dexamphetamine is very widely prescribed for both ADHD and Narcolepsy, I think you'll find that we would be hearing a lot of complaints about people with disabilities being targetted due to their medication.

@PingaChew having scripted Dex makes no difference to anyone. It will never show up in a roadside test as they are designed to exclude picking up such a commonly prescribed medication. As a law graduate I can tell you that the courts do not have the time to waste hearing pointless charges against a person who had a roadside test come up positive because of dexamphetamine. It can so easily be disproven because they can show their legal prescription to the court and also if you test positive on a saliva test you then to a urine or a blood test. There is a special code they can put on the pathology request form which orders the technician to differentiate between stimulant types on the test, which will then definitively prove said person was on Dexamphetamine and not methamphetamine.

Put the entire process of doing that is arbitrary and a complete waste of time. They are not the same drug. Prescription meth is Desoxyn. That it an identical drug to methamphetamine. Dexamphetamine is not the same molecular substance, so the test will never pick it up.

If you are popping dexies to get away with smoking meth while you drive I would very strongly suggest you stop doing that because when they test your blood or urine you will come up dirty for both and you'll be toast.

Regarding your friend who came up positive, they had meth in their system and didn't want to admit to it. Bad luck to them. Probably would have been better not to rely on such an easily disprovable lie which the tests are designed to root out and ensure never happens.

The reason I know this about the tests? I have to do urine drug screens for my dexamphetamine because I'm a very naughty boy and the drugs of dependence unit had a notification of me shooting up heroin in June last year and I admitted to them I used to have a meth habit until I got medicated for Narcolepsy. They approved my dexamphetamine authority with multiple conditions, one of which is that I get piss tested randomly both by my GP and where I get my maintenance therapy injection.

The test at the maintenance therapy place is a cheap piss in a cup wait 5 minutes pull the label off quicky which does NOT differentiate between methamphetamine and dexamphetamine, because it does not have the technological capabilities to do so.

The test at my GP is *supposed* to include a code which orders the pathology technician to differentiate between methamphetamine and dexamphetamine, but when I was talking to my psychiatrist about how easy it would be for me to cheat the test and use meth if it didn't differentiate it, she told me to check for the code and it wasn't there, then informed me that it would in fact be so simple to cheat the test I could shoot up that morning, pick up the test cup, piss in it, and not get caught.

This is obviously a fact I've been mercilessly exploiting, but also my GP does not give a fuck if I use other drugs on my prescription and laughed at me when I told him I ate out of date valium before he called me a desperate druggy (he likes to roast me)

He just doesn't want me shooting the pills, collecting them and abusing them, or diverting them.

This is all correct and factual information about how urine drug tests work and can be manipulated to determine which specific opiate or stimulant a person uses, courtesy of the overlords at South Australia drug of dependence unit (may we bless their souls for granting me my goodies).

Take from that what you will, but I'm telling you there is zero chance in hell a person on dexies wouldn't be able to prove they didn't have meth in their system once it came to the second much more sophisticated test.

Damn.... None of you mentioned heroin in the test so if you've just had a fat shot of skag your good to slide on the roadside test?

Damn.... None of you mentioned heroin in the test so if you've just had a fat shot of skag your good to slide on the roadside test?

As mentioned in my comment they test for MDMA, cannabis and methamphetamine.

You can be pulled aside for a roadside sobriety test if you drive on heroin and if you fail it they can test you for substances then charge you for driving under the influence.

Different process, same result.

Also, you notice on RBT after watching for a while, meth users often claim they smoke cannabis.

This thread actually made me rethink smoking meth last night cos I had to drive half hour to an appointment this morning. Good work BL.

When he goes: "can I have a smoke?"

Cops: No

Guy: Aaaaaggghhhhhhh

😂😅🤣
That was class... Good shit right there.

So true too on the American show "Cops" it's always the old ass drivers that admit to drinking and how many drinks. The test still registers some outrageous # like .39 though and the cop is always amazed the guy can still walk let alone drive.

One episode I watched the cop was about to let a guy go before catching a whiff of alcohol. He gets the guy to blow and it registered over .35 and the guy did not appear impaired at all. It takes many a years of heavy drinking to build up that kind of resistance(tolerance) to alcohols effects.

Last edited:
That was class... Good shit right there.

So true too on the American show "Cops" it's always the old ass drivers that admit to drinking and how many drinks. The test still registers some outrageous # like .39 though and the cop is always amazed the guy can still walk let alone drive.

One episode I watched the cop was about to let a guy go before catching a whiff of alcohol. He gets the guy to blow and it registered over .35 and the guy did not appear impaired at all. It takes many a years of heavy drinking to build up that kind of resistance(tolerance) to alcohols effects.

There was an old guy on RBT once.. He had alcohol in the car with him AND seemed drunk. He blew absolute 0. They retested him cos they thought maybe the machine was broken but nup, another 0. I couldn't believe it.

We don't deal with drug testing questions here on this forum. We are a harm reduction forum, so we discuss using drugs in a less harmful manner physically and mentally, not legally. So I will close this thread, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.