• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does grapefruit juice still potentiate Oxycodone if it's snorted — or only if it's taken orally?

SlightlyStoopid

Bluelighter
I'm definitely not opioid naive; I used to be in pain management and have been on pretty much everything from Oxycodone and Hydrocodone — all the way down to the lesser-potent opioids such as Codeine and Tramadol. However, I have been off of them for years now, but have been taking moderately high doses of Kratom daily instead. I know Kratom and opioids are cross-tolerant, and I snorted a Roxy 30 the other day and the effects of it were very minimal (definitely not the effects you would expect for someone who hasn't taken a Roxy in about 7 years). If I drink some grapefruit juice say, 30-45 minutes before snorting the Roxy, will it potentiate the effects of it, or would I have to take it orally instead to notice any difference in potency? Just curious. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I think it was orange juice
I've never heard of orange juice potentiating opioids; I don't believe it inhibits CYP34A like grapefruit juice does (specifically white grapefruit juice). That's why most opioid prescriptions have a warning particularly for grapefruit juice, and not orange juice.