• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Does DXM cause insomnia?

Coolgirl2014

Bluelighter
It's almost 2 am and I'm wide awake. Normally have no trouble sleeping and haven't taken any drugs today other then Robotussin DM- which is non drowsy. Also I didn't take it to get high...I woke up with a horrible sore throat and bad cough today so i picked this up at cvs. I took a single dose at 5 and another five hours later since my throat was still sore, as per the instructions on the bottle. I know it's non drowsy so I didn't expect it to put me to sleep but i feel extra wide awake and alert.

Also, I tried to put this in other drugs, thought that was where it belonged but I wouldn't let me sorry! It said I needed a thread prefix but I'm on my phone and couldn't figure out what that meant/where to do that.

No problem I have moved to other drugs for you :)

It can cause restlessness and keeps a lot of users awake so your not alone.

Ok thanks! I just ate something and now am feeling a bit drowsy so hopefully I will be able to sleep now.

I find a lot of NDMA antagonists cause a bit of insomnia as they wear off (MXE, ketamine and the like) - but i don't know about therepeutic doses of DXM.
I have always had sleep dysfunction anyway, so i'm not the best judge.

Hope you feel better soon - sweet dreams! :)

Haha I never get good sleep on DXM, however the closed eye hallucinations as its wearing off is awesome and it puts me to sleeping

Idk how much you took but when i did it was around 800mg-1000mg i feel asleep but i kept on wakeing up ever 20-30mints or so.

Every time I use DXM whether it's recreational or not, I can't sleep. Especially when I'm way past therapeutic doses; I'll be tripping begging for it to wear off so I can get some sleep.

Restlessness is a major side effect from using it, whether you're taking it for a cold or as a dissociative drug, try using some Diphenhydramine for sedation perhaps?

Thanks! I wasn't sure if I could take zzzquil or not a couple hours after I'd taken my last dose. And there is 20mg of dxm per 10 ml so I only took a total of 40mg over five hours or so, not much at all.

I took 1200mg Lyrica and 800mg of
DXM. Wrong timing. I passed out, DXM first then Lyrica .