• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does clomethiazole use always cause a psychosis long term if used in moderaiton?

AmidoneCA

Greenlighter
Does clomethiazole use always cause a psychosis long term if used in moderation?

I am confused about Clomethiazole causing psychosis in long-term use. Is this dose-dependent or does it happen in every patient who consumes the substance for more than a certain amount of time.

If one is consuming 2-4 heminevrin 192mg capsules per day would this psychosis surely come? Or is it with binge use and mass amounts being consumed that this is an issue.

I don't really understand why this happens or what triggers it and I don't want it to happen to me and I need to be able to stay on clomethiazole for at least a month until I can taper and go back on benzodiazepines.

I have rest periods of 2-3 days inbetween my clomethiazole use, where I experience some shitty anxiety and panic attacks, likely rebound effects.

How can one best avoid this clomethiazole "psychosis"...aside from not using clomethiazole? Will benzos suffice to help me taper off clomethiazole..considering benzos have no action at the barb/picrotoxin site. I assume benzos would not alleviate clomethiazole wd? Would they help at all? If I absolutely had to I could go on high dose etizolam once this shit with my doctor is finished, and taper slowly off the clomethiazole....

Can someone write me a small but efficient manifest for not losing my mind on clomethiazole and how to get the hell off of it when the time comes?

Thank you!

Last edited: